• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

China, US heading for 'conflict and confrontation,' foreign minister warns

Western countries excel in innovation and leadership but don't want to do all the dirty work and back-breaking labor.

Sorry but I respectfully disagree.
The entire Midwest was BUILT ON precisely that.
There is a reason shows like "Dirty Jobs" have high ratings.

Oh and, one more thing....manufacturing semiconductor microprocessors is not dirty and back-breaking labor.

Eric Levitz is saying that.
View attachment 67439968
Why should I care about Eric Levitz?

Plenty others

Plenty others

Yeah, I do read newspapers but it is still a misuse of the historical term first coined by W. Wilson and then pushed into full bloom by Harding, Lindbergh and the Klan.
You seem to be doing a kind of shadow diversion of domestic investment into notions of white supremacy and ultra-nationalism and it doesn't make sense.
And again, there is nothing wrong with investing in more domestic manufacturing, unless we want to cheer for America to fail.
Since you're Canadian I wouldn't dream of demanding that you cheer for America however I would never equate Trudeau promoting Canadian manufacturing as a form of
fascist supernationalism.

Yeah, I do read newspapers but it is still a misuse of the historical term first coined by W. Wilson and then pushed into full bloom by Harding, Lindbergh and the Klan.
You seem to be doing a kind of shadow diversion of domestic investment into notions of white supremacy and ultra-nationalism and it doesn't make sense.
And again, there is nothing wrong with investing in more domestic manufacturing, unless we want to cheer for America to fail.
Since you're Canadian I wouldn't dream of demanding that you cheer for America however I would never equate Trudeau promoting Canadian manufacturing as a form of
fascist supernationalism.

Terminology changes over time, this is an example of that

Terminology changes over time, this is an example of that

That's like saying that an insurrection wasn't an insurrection.
The meaning of some words change over time but "America First" is still an ultranationalist white supremacy stance, Jim Crow is still physical and violent repression of black rights, and manufacture of consent is still and always shall be the end goal of propaganda.

Apparently, the GOP in Utah just loves China.

Back
Top Bottom