• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

China, US heading for 'conflict and confrontation,' foreign minister warns

anatta

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
oh my!! bring in the surrender monkeys .. Oh please China -"play nice"
In his first press conference as foreign ministry, Qin accused the U.S. of pushing for the destruction of Taiwan by instigating tensions between the island and the mainland.
Why does the U.S. keep on professing the maintenance of regional peace and stability while covertly formulating a plan for the destruction of Taiwan?" Qin asked.

"If the United States does not hit the brake — but continues to speed down the wrong path — no amount of guardrails can prevent derailing and there will surely be conflict and confrontation and who will bear the catastrophic consequences?" Qin continued. "Such competition is a reckless gamble, with the stakes being the fundamental interests of the two peoples and even the future of humanity."

"The resolution of the Taiwan question is a matter for the Chinese people on our own, and no foreign country has the right to interfere," Qin said, later adding, "There seems to be an invisible hand, pushing for the protraction and escalation of the conflict and using the Ukraine crisis to serve certain geopolitical agenda."

We have pretty much moved our manufacturing facilities to China. Almost everything is made in China. Electronics, car parts, plumbing fixtures, small appliances....many more.
If we lose those factories, this country will suffer.
Stupid damn greedy Globalist bastsrds.

We already have companies moving from China in anticipation of "problems" and for good reason. Tesla, Apple, Nike, Gap, and Walmart. all have factories in China. If I was a stockholder in any of these companies I would not be sleeping well.

We already have companies moving from China in anticipation of "problems" and for good reason. Tesla, Apple, Nike, Gap, and Walmart. all have factories in China. If I was a stockholder in any of these companies I would not be sleeping well.

It goes well beyond those few industries/companies.

Won't Russia have already nuked us out of existence by then? Election interference professionals pretending to be Republicans are very concerned about that.
The idea of Russia nuking us out of existence is as humorous as a Russian aircraft carrier:

The idea of Russia nuking us out of existence is as humorous as a Russian aircraft carrier:

But election interference professionals tell us that it's going to be global annihilation if Putin isn't allowed to invade and annex whatever country he wants. What's going to be left for China to nuke after that?

We have pretty much moved our manufacturing facilities to China. Almost everything is made in China. Electronics, car parts, plumbing fixtures, small appliances....many more.
If we lose those factories, this country will suffer.
Stupid damn greedy Globalist bastsrds.
not everything, but enough/ Trumps NAFTA 2 increased the domestic content requirements on autos
But ya..last year we had $.5 trillion trade deficit w/China

oh my!! bring in the surrender monkeys .. Oh please China -"play nice"
In his first press conference as foreign ministry, Qin accused the U.S. of pushing for the destruction of Taiwan by instigating tensions between the island and the mainland.
Why does the U.S. keep on professing the maintenance of regional peace and stability while covertly formulating a plan for the destruction of Taiwan?" Qin asked.

"If the United States does not hit the brake — but continues to speed down the wrong path — no amount of guardrails can prevent derailing and there will surely be conflict and confrontation and who will bear the catastrophic consequences?" Qin continued. "Such competition is a reckless gamble, with the stakes being the fundamental interests of the two peoples and even the future of humanity."

"The resolution of the Taiwan question is a matter for the Chinese people on our own, and no foreign country has the right to interfere," Qin said, later adding, "There seems to be an invisible hand, pushing for the protraction and escalation of the conflict and using the Ukraine crisis to serve certain geopolitical agenda."
I'm curious, have you ever started a thread with a favorable representation of the US? I did a quick look at your history, I did not see one. And FWIW, this post isn't about "you" it's about the content that you post.

I guess now we’re supposed to give a shit about the opinions of the Chinese Foreign Minister. Who knew?

IMHO, Qin,gang should not be CCP's FM? He seems arrogant and shares the same world view as Xi, jinping.

When Qin,gang became US ambassador in 07/2021, US-China relationship made a dramatic downturn. Only after Xie,feng took over after 01/05/2023, US-China relation starts to recover to prior Qin,gang.

After Qin,gang was appointed to FM on 12/30/2022, his first trip to Africa, the easiest task, was plagued with problems immediately after he left. Immediately after his visit, US and Russian diplomats were rushing to Africa, as if Qin,gang told his Russian sponsor (cough Putin) what China brought?

His first call to South Korea was to ban SK visa. He has no diplomacy but full of hot air and is not suited for FM.

His handling of “Chinese balloon” incident created an unprecedented international crisis. And his firing of Zhuang, Guotai, the head of China Meteorological Administration, makes people suspect a move to make Zhuang a scapegoat. “Chinese balloon” incident is suspected to be an internal collaboration of some CCP Putin loyalists with Putin to help elicit a direct confrontation between US and China (just like MAGA in US, Putin infiltrated CCP too), at the height of Ukraine conflict. It is difficult watching him running Chinese foreign relations down to toilet. Every single time Putin stir the pot, Qin, gang took the bait and more, making already delicate international relationship even trickier.

His job history was bleak, and his job performance is abysmal. To be honest, it is almost unbelievable that a person with this kind of job performance can be selected into central committee without Putin’s help. As a KGB spy, Putin is expert in subversion, infiltration and sewing discourse. It is suspected that Putin was trying to influence some CCP leaders to make CCP politics work for Putin. And would it be wrong to assume that if Qin,Gang listen to his master (cough Putin) well and do a good job screwing China, he might be promoted to replace Putin-hater Xi?

I guarantee you this is going to make every US corporation that is heavily invested in Chinese manufacturing very nervous.
That plays directly into the effort to bring back manufacturing to the USA, or even some other country that ISN'T China.
The next move is China deciding to nationalize all US investment assets over there.
Ummmm, I don't THEENK that will sit too well with American business.

I guarantee you this is going to make every US corporation that is heavily invested in Chinese manufacturing very nervous.
That plays directly into the effort to bring back manufacturing to the USA, or even some other country that ISN'T China.
The next move is China deciding to nationalize all US investment assets over there.
everybody has a lot to lose if trade is interrupted. China would prefer to steal IP, create debtor nations thru it's infrastructure loans
(like ports), and builds roads in Africa in exchange for exclusive raw material contracts.
China doent want a war -but it knows how to propaganda. Even back in Mao's time.
The initial Anchorage summit where the Chinese delegation were calling out Blinken for the USA being a racist society.
The funny part China was just throwing back @ Biden/Blinken/Progressive their hate for "systemic racism"

Now they are using spy cranes - balloons arent enough?
China will take Taiwan on it's own sweet timeline. It's constantly improving it's "competition" against the USA

You overestimated CCP I think. CCP was struggling in its internal leadership change since 10/2022 till now and already had a quiet coup after the white paper movement (protest) last year. That's why you see a 180 degree turn of Xi's zero COVID policy. It was reported that Xi was under house arrest immediately after his meeting with Putin in 09/2022 at SCO, because Putin found out Xi was playing him. It's likely that Putin backed MAGA republicans organized the white paper movement intended to replace Xi in the 20th congress party election in 10/2022. Because the faction that is opposing Xi was in power after the protest. The only reason you see Xi is still showing up on TV now the then is because CCP want to project a united front and is very good at hiding the truth. Also if they quietly change the people in charge, it won't alert public and make a even bigger mess for themselves. But everyone sort of knew. However, as long as there's no COVID restriction, Chinese people can care less about who is really in charge.

CCP is very vulnerable right now because its in-fighting although still showing a united face outside.

To the crane and the previous balloon incidence, it is Putin backed MAGA republicans' work to try to contain China and to elicit a direct confrontation between US and China. So Putin can achieve Russian greatness. To make Russia great again and Russian first agenda.

You overestimated CCP I think. CCP was struggling in its internal leadership change since 10/2022 till now and already had a quiet coup after the white paper movement (protest) last year. That's why you see a 180 degree turn of Xi's zero COVID policy. Because the faction that is opposing Xi was in power after the protest. It was reported that Xi was under house arrest immediately after his meeting with Putin in 09/2022 at SCO, because Putin found out Xi was playing him. It's likely that Putin backed MAGA republicans organized the white paper movement intended to replace Xi in the 20th congress party election in 10/2022. The only reason you see Xi is still showing up on TV now the then is because CCP want to project a united front and is very good at hiding the truth. Also if they quietly change the people in charge, it won't alert public and make a even bigger mess. But everyone knows. However, as long as there's no COVID restriction, Chinese people can care less who is really in charge.

CCP is very vulnerable right now because its in-fighting although still showing a united face outside.

To the crane and the previous balloon incidence, it is Putin backed MAGA republicans work to try to contain China and elicit a direct confrontation between US and China. So Putin can achieve Russian greatness. To make Russia great again and Russian first agenda.
to the bolded ...what?? MAGA spy balloons?? ( and backed by Putin of course)

I know. IMHO, I believe there were some CCP leadership was infiltrated by Putin, (like MAGA in US). It is odd for CCP to jump up and admit it at the first moment when the story broke out (CCP never do that, if they did send balloon, they usually deny, deny and deny some more... just like COVID infection numbers) with strong rhetoric. This all plays well into Putin's hands. Who benefited most from this incidence? Not CCP and Not US. It is Putin. So Putin can successfully shift its Ukraine war into US and China conflict and Putin can occupy Ukraine when US is busying dealing with CCP... One of the infiltrated CCP is likely its new FM Qin,gang. That's just my opinion. Because there's a SciFi movie in theater started 01/01/2023 "wondering earth 2", talking about CCP's leadership to take mankind out of climate crisis... I think fascist Putin with his Russian first supremacy, together with CCP Putin loyalist, plotted this "wondering balloon 1&2", on top of the "Yellowstone" film site.

America does not have the capability to bring manufacturing back. There is a labour shortage as it is in the US, moving it to other countries will take years, at a great cost

Trying to move manufacturing back to the U.S. will further increase inflation

Back
Top Bottom