• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

China touts 'friendship' with Russia: 'Most important strategic partner

Chainsawmassacre

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
"China? C'mon man"
Yes Joe, China. They have sided with Putin and against the civilized world. We are seeing what happens with Europe dependent on Russia for its NG and should learn from that with our dependence on China for virtually everything.
Biden needs to take serious action instead of talking the talk and bring vital manufacturing back to America before it's too late. American citizens need to on their own push for this and refuse to buy anything made in China. They are showing they are our enemy and we need to act preemptively.

"No matter how perilous the international landscape, we will maintain our strategic focus and promote the development of a comprehensive China-Russia partnership in the new era," Wang Yi told reporters Monday at a news conference of the annual meeting of China’s ceremonial parliament. "

China is bargain hunting

Russia is desperate and willing to sell cheap now ( and then pay dearly later )

I would not want to live a country dependent on China.
But maybe Russians'll be keen on the idea.

Fox is genius. At the same time they have the OP emotional (and China is playing poker with the world) they are running this article just a few lines down...

1646661883113.png

"China? C'mon man"
Yes Joe, China. They have sided with Putin and against the civilized world. We are seeing what happens with Europe dependent on Russia for its NG and should learn from that with our dependence on China for virtually everything.
Biden needs to take serious action instead of talking the talk and bring vital manufacturing back to America before it's too late. American citizens need to on their own push for this and refuse to buy anything made in China. They are showing they are our enemy and we need to act preemptively.

"No matter how perilous the international landscape, we will maintain our strategic focus and promote the development of a comprehensive China-Russia partnership in the new era," Wang Yi told reporters Monday at a news conference of the annual meeting of China’s ceremonial parliament. "

The Chinese are playing games.

Making public announcements like this that are emphatically not by their actions.

China is eyeing gaining effective control of Russia‘s oil resources in Siberia, the very same one that the Russians have played cat and mouth with BP, Shell and Exxon with for the past twenty years.

The Biden administration is not driving Russia into Bejing’s arms.

I’m sure (as a trump disciple) that you don‘t remember that before Kim Jung Un departed for his love in with the failed fool of a fuhrer, that Kim went first to Moscow, and then to Beijing. The Chinese supplied the transport that the North Korean dictator arrived in.

"China? C'mon man"

Fox? China has been very quiet over Ukraine, but Fox typically wants to sensationalise whatever it can, whenever it can.

Talking out of both sides of their mouth is a well honed trait in right wing media.
it's disappointing that so many adults fall for their propaganda. as a teen i just thought older people were wise.

China is bargain hunting

Russia is desperate and willing to sell cheap now ( and then pay dearly later )

I would not want to live a country dependent on China.
But maybe Russians'll be keen on the idea.

You're living in a country dependent on China. It just doesn't happen to be Russia.

"China? C'mon man"

Birds of a feather.

"China? C'mon man"

I keep stating that China is our real enemy. I am not surprised all all by their support of Russia, although they have taken a step back from a week or two ago, Xi, if he can remain in power, will stay a formidable adversary for the US. As much as I hate to say this we need to double down on defense spending. That forces China and Russia to do the same and they can afford to do that less than us.

Talking out of both sides of their mouth is a well honed trait in right wing media.
I actually thought reducing our dependence on China was something we all could agree on. Apparently I underestimated just how partisan liberals are. They would rather be under Chinese control than agree with a conservative or give any credence to a FOX news article.

I keep stating that China is our real enemy. I am not surprised all all by their support of Russia, although they have taken a step back from a week or two ago, Xi, if he can remain in power, will stay a formidable adversary for the US. As much as I hate to say this we need to double down on defense spending. That forces China and Russia to do the same and they can afford to do that less than us.
I overestimated China or maybe it was wishful thinking. I thought they'd see how the western world is isolating Russia and would get on board rather than risk incurring western civilization wrath.

I actually thought reducing our dependence on China was something we all could agree on. Apparently I underestimated just how partisan liberals are. They would rather be under Chinese control than agree with a conservative or give any credence to a FOX news article.
who in their right mind does NOT think we need to be less dependent on china and manufacture necessary supplies here in the US from now on?

I want to hear the WHY of this from someone who thinks we ought NOT do this, please.

I overestimated China or maybe it was wishful thinking. I thought they'd see how the western world is isolating Russia and would get on board rather than risk incurring western civilization wrath.
or maybe they really aren't seeing anything they are that afraid of.

"China? C'mon man"

Looks like we have a new Axis of Evil.

or maybe they really aren't seeing anything they are that afraid of.
I would think they would fear building sentiment like I expressed in the OP but maybe they already know what I'm learning in this thread. Half of America, the liberal half, just don't care. All they care about is cheap Chinese products to buy.

"China? C'mon man"

The enemy of my enemy is my friend! China sees conflict between Russia and the west as a plus for China. What China wants is to be the world power, militarily and economically. The downfall of the US and Russia both benefit China's goal. China isn't Russia's friend, they are an ally based on their own best interest. The Chinese don'e care if Russia falls.

Well, when you can explain how your service economy can magically morph into a production giant and keep consumer costs down to compete with cheap imports, I'll be all ears.

Reactions: lwf
Well, when you can explain how your service economy can magically morph into a production giant and keep consumer costs down to compete with cheap imports, I'll be all ears.
oh we can be a production giant. now will the goods cost more ? absolutely, but some of it is worth it.

You're living in a country dependent on China. It just doesn't happen to be Russia.
The difference between US's dependence on China and what will happen when Russia goes to China hat-in-hand is so great that you argument is essentially equivocation.

The difference between US's dependence on China and what will happen when Russia goes to China hat-in-hand is so great that you argument is essentially equivocation.
Russia has already gotten the energy supply agreements signed with China. It happened just before the Ukraine invasion.
Soon China will be asking back from its side of the bargain, when they invade Taiwan.
America's security architecture in Asia will then collapse - because really, it has no serious security architecture. Whatever little it has, it's now haplessly "pivoting" to.

Russia has already gotten the energy supply agreements signed with China. It happened just before the Ukraine invasion.
Soon China will be asking back from its side of the bargain, when they invade Taiwan.
America's security architecture in Asia will then collapse - because really, it has no serious security architecture. Whatever little it has, it's now haplessly "pivoting" to.
alright then, internet rando

Back
Top Bottom