• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

China throws EU trade deal to the wolf warriors

Trump knew this and was taking the second route...until the Globalists put a stop to him

Lmao that ended with China signing the biggest trade deal in history. Wanna try again?

Lmao that ended with China signing the biggest trade deal in history. Wanna try again?
Which is a Globalist's dream.

Biden will probably scramble to get in on it...and the American workers and businesses will suffer.

Which is a Globalist's dream.

You keep saying Globalist as if you know what it means.

You are completely incapable of grasping just how much a failure Trump's approach to China was, which is extra funny because in reality Trump's basic strategic plan didn't really vary from Biden, Obama, or Bush. Trump was just stupid enough to try to go it alone and thus fell flat on his face.

The "Western World" and China are linked at the hip, neither "side" can damage the other in any substantive way without inflicting damage upon themselves, or even the entire world.

This is just more tit for tat **** crowing by both sides that know they are economically dependent on each other.

China has imposed retaliatory sanctions against Britain. With an excellent wording - "For spreading lies".

China has imposed retaliatory sanctions against Britain. With an excellent wording - "For spreading lies".

Gee, if “spreading lies” is sufficient justification for sanctions then the genocidal thugs in Beijing are really ****ed 😂

"The rapprochement between Russia and China is based on the rejection of democratic values," Josep Borrel.

Quick-witted. He forgot only to add that the West has declared its values and culture to be the only correct ones. And it imposes them on the whole world through threats, sanctions, blackmail, or even bombing.

So, Why did China want Trump to win the election?

They didn't.

If someone told you that, they are lying to you.

China did everything they could to avoid that and they knew that Trump had more punishment up his sleeve for them if he got re-elected.

They DID NOT want that to happen.

Again...don't believe the liars.

Trump's tariffs hurt China badly as I know well doing business in China as I have done since 2008.

Trump's China's tariffs drove a lot of companies out of business and a lot of beaten down businesses out of China to more stable countries, such as Vietnam, Taiwan, Laos, Thailand among others that have better and calm relations with the US.

Although the CCP DictatorTyrants in Beijing knew very well Trump hurt their economy they wanted Trump reelected.

The overriding reason was that Trump (and his supporters in USA) were solely and single handedly accomplishing Beijing's number one foreign policy strategic objective of the past decade, ie, to separate U.S. allies from the USA. That is, to demolish the US carefully constructed system of USA alliances post WW II, since 1945.

Private enterprises in China got hammered by Trump's tariffs because they don't have access or the protection of the state owned banks, which is all the banks and that the state operates. Private entrepreneurs in China have always had to use the Shadow Banking system which means I the entrepreneur lend you money as an entrepreneur outside of the banking system. Your father and your uncle lend you startup money or expansion money, upgrade money, and so on. It's all personal and private.

Trump's tariffs hit state owned corporations but they can handle it and did get through it despite being bruised and banged up. Post Trump private enterprise in China is so depleted and shorn Xi announced two years ago the state is taking over all private enterprises to save the production they do, that the economy needs and to reestablish needed profit flows to the state.

So while the Party-Government suffered domestically under Trump their survival and viability weren't ever in doubt. Which left the CCP Boyz in Beijing wanting Trump reelected so he and his supporters in USA could finish the job of destroying and demolishing the U.S. global system of military alliances, trade agreements, historical bonds, stability and so on.

During all this it also became clear to Beijing that it doesn't matter for the CCP Boyz any more who's president because their good times are over. Indeed Biden knows well Xi Jinping is by his own choosing the new Mao who wants to out Mao Mao and to hell with Deng Xiao Ping whose approach was much more low key, long term, subtle. Xi wants it now and he wants it all during his lifetime which is why Xi made himself emperor for life.

Trump's tariffs hurt China badly as I know well doing business in China as I have done since 2008....

Thanks you! You are saying it much better than me.

There is a simple answer, that actually stares one in the eye. It's about money....

(Thing is I am trying to make @Mycroft to think for himself. My assessment is that he most certainly is capable of it…)

What is your take on the big international companies of the US, like Google, Twitter, Amazon, IBM and HP? In my opinion they did suffer from Trumps international politics. They was/are a little bit in the same situation that Ericsson AB (Swedish company) is. When the Swedish authorities decided to restrict the 5G access to company that doesn’t use Huawei technology, Ericsson used every means of pressure they could to change that. Not because they just love competition or because they are ”nice” competitors that want as much competition they can get. But because they are worried that China will do the same and influence the markets they have control over to make them ban Ericsson in return. The American companies was in the same position with the difference that they weren't just risking their parts of the Chinese market but the European market as well.

So no matter how much the american people looked at the ban of TikTok that Trump initiated as a good thing that would decrease the influence of the Chinese I am very sure that the boards of Twitter, facebook and Google writhed in pain and worry.

Back
Top Bottom