• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

China sends 39 warplanes toward Taiwan, largest in new year

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Just saw this on TV. This is concerning.

-----------

TAIPEI, Taiwan -- China flew 39 warplanes toward Taiwan in its largest such sortie of the new year, amid tensions over the self-ruled island's future and as the U.S. pushes to assert its presence in the region.

The Chinese formation Sunday night included 24 J-16 fighter jets and 10 J-10 jets, among other support and electronic warfare aircraft, according to Taiwan's defense ministry.

I am on record that Taiwan is going to fall to China and there is not a damn thing anyone can do about it. Thanks for the update.

I am on record that Taiwan is going to fall to China and there is not a damn thing anyone can do about it. Thanks for the update.
I think that is the place to deal with China. Our country has for years said we would defend Taiwan.

Naval invasions are notoriously difficult and costly. Especially when going against an enemy who expects to be invaded and has prepared for the contingency. If Taiwan makes itself a fortress with good air defense, I do not see China taking the Island.

I think that is the place to deal with China. Our country has for years said we would defend Taiwan.
We have tried to deal with China twice and got our butts kicked each time........we cannot win a war with China or Russia unless we are prepared for nuclear destruction of our current world and setting ourselves back 200 years

We have tried to deal with China twice and got our butts kicked each time........we cannot win a war with China or Russia unless we are prepared for nuclear destruction of our current world and setting ourselves back 200 years
That’s better than having to learn Russian and Chinese.

Eve of Destruction.
"The Eastern world, it is explodin'
Violence flarin', bullets loadin'
You're old enough to kill but not for votin'
You don't believe in war, but what's that gun you're totin'?
And even the Jordan river has bodies floatin'

But you tell me over and over and over again my friend
Ah, you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction"

More true today than ever.

Back
Top Bottom