• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

China proposes 'six-party talks' meeting amid Korean tensions

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
China proposes 'six-party talks' meeting amid Korean tensions - CNN.com

The Chinese ability to outsmart the Americans is truly breathtaking. It's hard not to respect and admire Han political and diplomatic adroitness.

The Chinese ability to outsmart the Americans is truly breathtaking. It's hard not to respect and admire Han political and diplomatic adroitness.
i missed it
how have the chinese outsmarted their American counterparts?

i missed it

What are the primary objectives of the Chinese and North Koreans? Whose interests will be served by a repetition of the Beijing Six Party Circus? What happened at the previous Six Party Talks? Why did the DPRK drop out of the Talks, but now wants to rejoin the Talks?

Bad Cop: I've just killed four South Koreans without provocation. What are you going to do about it?

Victim: I'll call my Uncle Sam for help. Oh Uncle Sammmmmmm.

Dumbee: I'll send an aircraft carrier to sail around the Yellow Sea in a futile exercise of testosterone.

Good Cop: Let's talk about this.

Victim: Why should we talk about this when my Uncle Sam will protect me.

Bad Cop: After Uncle Sam's aircraft carrier is gone I'm going to kill some more of your citizens and you can't stop me because my Uncle Mao won't let you.

Good Cop: Come to Beijiing for Six Party talks, kowtow to the China because there's a new sheriff in town, and pay tribute to Bad Cop. If you do that we won't let Bad Cop kill your citizens with impunity. Come to Beijing so we can talk like reasonable people.

Dumbee: That Kim Karasashian has a killer rump doesn't she?

i missed it

I must agree with Albert. We've seen this movie before.

- North Korea does something crazy.
- The US and South Korea issue token condemnations and insist that it must stop.
- The US makes some token statement urging China to "use its influence" with North Korea, knowing full well that they will not or cannot.
- China does the bare minimum to not lose face.
- The US points to China's underwhelming response as a huge success, and the issue goes away.
- A few months later, North Korea does something else crazy.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…