• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

China police investigate 'black jails' for protesters

Demon of Light

Bohemian Revolutionary
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Chinese police are investigating claims that a security firm colluded with officials to detain protesters in secret prisons, known as "black jails".

State media said police had arrested the chairman and general manager of the company, Anyuanding Security Services.

It is alleged they took money from local governments to abduct and imprison people who travelled to the capital, Beijing, to complain about local injustices.

Source: BBC News

To be clear I do not believe these were for "protesters" at all but only petitioners. Either way this is another positive development in China.

Since the Clinton Years there have been conspiracy folks who have talked about Potential US Concentration Camps in locations all over the Nation to be used in case of some general uprising not unlike the one Obama may be pushing some into.

I fear that if this current situation is not resolved some people could snap and go postal and in large numbers.

I for one pray that never happens and that the Nov. elections will send a message to the Trifecta of Doom, Obama Pelosi, Reid, will get the message. At least Reid has a good chance of going back to that speed trap of a wide spot on NV. HWY 95 where he's from.

We have a chance to reverse the downward spiral.

As to this story about China I am shocked that they are allowing the story out at this time, and I wonder about the long range motives of any openness into this long closed society as far as some subject are concerned.

Since the Clinton Years there have been conspiracy folks who have talked about Potential US Concentration Camps in locations all over the Nation to be used in case of some general uprising not unlike the one Obama may be pushing some into.

I fear that if this current situation is not resolved some people could snap and go postal and in large numbers.

I for one pray that never happens and that the Nov. elections will send a message to the Trifecta of Doom, Obama Pelosi, Reid, will get the message. At least Reid has a good chance of going back to that speed trap of a wide spot on NV. HWY 95 where he's from.

We have a chance to reverse the downward spiral.

As to this story about China I am shocked that they are allowing the story out at this time, and I wonder about the long range motives of any openness into this long closed society as far as some subject are concerned.

We have Federal prisons. If you were detained for "going postal" (treasonous), your friends and relatives would know where you were being held. China has been a jailer of dissenters with no Habeas Corpus law for many centuries. Government dissenters simply vanish. This is a step in the right direction for fixing human rights abuses in the big Red country.

I don't know why people think this has anything to do with government dissenters vanishing and that it won't happen anymore. These are illegal PRIVATE prisons... this says nothign about the government's ability to take people as they wish and to 'disappear' them as has happened for hundreds of years and as still happens today. This will not appreciably improve the human rights situation for opponents of the government or people just sticking up for the rights of ordinary people throughout the country...

Back
Top Bottom