• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

China may send peacekeeping force to Afghanistan after US troops leave, observers say

China was doing something about North Korea. So was Russia:

- On 30 March 2010, President Dmitry Medvedev signed a decree implementing intensified United Nations Security Council sanctions against Pyongyang's nuclear programs.

- In December 2013 Russia joined the sanctions against North Korea, introduced in March by the UN Security Council (Resolution 2087).

-In December 2016, Resolution 2321, passed and capped North Korea's coal exports and banned exports of copper, nickel, zinc, and silver. In February 2017, a UN panel said that 116 of 193 member states had not yet submitted a report on their implementation of these sanctions, though China had.

- In February 2017, China banned all imports of coal from North Korea for the rest of that year. China also banned exports of some petroleum products and imports of textiles from North Korea in line with United Nations resolutions.

- In October 2017 Vladimir Putin signed Presidential decree No. 484 "On measures to implement UN Security Council resolution 2321 of November 30, 2016" imposing sanctions on North Korea in connection with the adoption of UN Security Council resolution 2321 of 30 November 2016.

THEN.......

*** In January 2018, Trump's trade war crusade against China and constant denigration began.

*** In June 2019, both China and Russia blocked UN efforts to declare that North Korea was violating oil caps.

*** In December 2019, China and Russia proposed the U.N. Security Council lift a ban on North Korea exporting statues, seafood and textiles, in a move Russia said is aimed at encouraging talks between Washington and Pyongyang.

*** By late 2020, China was being accused of helping North Korea evade UN sanctions.
The only thing sanctions brought us was a nuclear armed N. Korea. Sanctions haven't worked against Cuba. While it may impress those with the IQ of a brick sanctions against Germany only brought us WW2. You can bow down and kiss up to China after they spread one of the worst pandemics in the last 100 years across the world killing millions and doing more economic damage than we can recover from in the next 20+ years. It was Trump focusing on the vaccine that is allowing us to reopen our country that the left shut down. Hopefully we will start removing these failed left leaders who killed off our elderly in the nursing homes and destroyed small businesses all across our country in favor of the big box stores that fund their party. Not to mention the crisis they created at our borders that Trump had bring under control. Of course Biden has returned our border to an even worse crisis. Hopefully Biden won't give away everything we fought for in the trade agreements Trump made that were 75+ years over do. Lets hope Joe spends most of his time trying to remember and recite the politically correct speeches his puppet masters are writing for him.

Actually "Peiping" is NOT the "non-Communist name" for the capital city of China. The name of the city is Beijing (beɪˈdʒɪŋ/ BAY-JING - Wade-Giles romanization Pei-ching - Mandarin pronunciation: [pèi.tɕíŋ]) and the older Romanization of the name is Peking. The only other "capital city" of China for the past 1,000+ years have been Nanking [alt Nanjing] (renamed as Beiping [alt Pei-p’ing]) from 1368–1644 and from 1928–49 (the city was NOT renamed during the later period), Chongqing (alt Chungking) during WWII, and, <SARC>of course, Taipei from 1949 to the present</SARC>.​

What impertinence, sir!

Check the Web and you'll see that "Peiping" is indeed the name of the city until the dastardly Reds took over the country.

Apology accepted.

Maybe once Harris has solved the illegal immigration / border problem, Biden can assign her to bringing peace in Afganistan.

I was surprised to read that we only have 2,500 troops left over there. That wouldn't even make a good rally for the former. Bring 'em home and let the Chinese send their 25,000 troops there to keep the peace. Maybe it will be 250,000 Chinese troops. They dwarf us in population.

Beijing may consider sending a peacekeeping force to Afghanistan if the security situation in the South Asian country poses a threat to the neighbouring Chinese province of Xinjiang after
American troops pull out, analysts said.​

US President Joe Biden said on Wednesday that he would withdraw all remaining US troops – about 2,500 – from Afghanistan by September 11, the 20th anniversary of the terrorist attack in New York.

The withdrawal may pose a threat to Afghanistan’s security and stability, which could spill over into Xinjiang and disrupt China’s counterterrorism efforts.
In 2018, China trained Afghan troops and helped set up a mountain brigade. The training took place in China and the aim of the brigade was to counter possible attacks by al-Qaeda and
Islamic State.

COMMENT:-

At times the government of the PRC uses The South China Morning Post to float trial balloons, at other times it uses it for propaganda purposes, and the rest of the time it is actually a fairly good source for what MIGHT be happening in Asia.​
Which of those it this article? Who knows.​
That's not going to happen.

You do realize that some people care about things that go on in the world. Some people also care about the well being of people besides themselves.
The best thing for the well-being of Afghans is for us to leave them alone.

No, they won't.

This has been a fantasy among observers and analysts for years now, along with the dreams that India will take up the peacekeeping mantle. China will not get involved in Afghanistan anywhere near the level that ISAF or NATO was.

Sad truth is nobody wants it. It's a basket case thanks to several decades of Russian, then NATO intervention and a hundred and fifty years of colonialism. China can station more troops in XinJiang if it's worried about Afghanistan's problems seeping over. It's a sliver of a border in the mountains anyway.

Afghanistan_China_Locator.jpg

You don't say; total value may up to 3T is only equal to Biden's first covid-19 bills, so thinking it is worth the trouble is out of lunch :rolleyes:

So what you are saying is that 7 trillion, is valueless. Okay, thanks for confirming.

Beijing may consider sending a peacekeeping force to Afghanistan if the security situation in the South Asian country poses a threat to the neighbouring Chinese province of Xinjiang after
American troops pull out, analysts said.​

US President Joe Biden said on Wednesday that he would withdraw all remaining US troops – about 2,500 – from Afghanistan by September 11, the 20th anniversary of the terrorist attack in New York.

The withdrawal may pose a threat to Afghanistan’s security and stability, which could spill over into Xinjiang and disrupt China’s counterterrorism efforts.
In 2018, China trained Afghan troops and helped set up a mountain brigade. The training took place in China and the aim of the brigade was to counter possible attacks by al-Qaeda and
Islamic State.

COMMENT:-

At times the government of the PRC uses The South China Morning Post to float trial balloons, at other times it uses it for propaganda purposes, and the rest of the time it is actually a fairly good source for what MIGHT be happening in Asia.​
Which of those it this article? Who knows.​
If the US allows China to move into Afghanistan that will be one of the worst strategic moves the US has allowed. Of course it's not the US it's Joe Biden the idiot.

So what you are saying is that 7 trillion, is valueless. Okay, thanks for confirming.
where did you find 7T? I read 3T. Either number will not move a needle in CCP's world. There is no point for CCP to get into Afghanistan.

Quit trying to make China happen, Gretchen. China is not going to peace keep the Middle East, they are not going to become the world's reserve currency and they are not going to conquer the UN.. Dumb.

where did you find 7T? I read 3T.
You read wrong, and still came out with the impression that trillions in mineral deposits is "valueless".

Okay thanks for your input.

You read wrong, and still came out with the impression that trillions in mineral deposits is "valueless".

Okay thanks for your input.
You miss the whole issue in here. We are talking about CCP, not the USA here. From the CCP POV, the mineral deposits are not worth the trouble, and that move is not CCP move.
BTW, it seems that you don't understand CCP

If Afghanistan descends into chaos again, I can see Russia invading and occupying the place. They did it once before.

I never thought China would have military interests in the area.

If they do occupy Afghanistan, this will put China in opposition with Pakistan and Iran who also have interests in Afghanistan.

You miss the whole issue in here. We are talking about CCP,

Yeah, China sees no value in trillions worth in untapped minerals. Neither does the US.

I bet you're a C level executive somewhere.

Afghanistan is said to be the Graveyard of Empires.

It may be somebody's wet dream to see the Chinese deploy their military in Afghanistan and get bogged down there in a quagmire.
But the Chinese would never do that. Instead they'll just get their flunky Pakistan to yank on Taliban's leash.

Make no mistake, Pakistan controls the Taliban. They control the violence in Afghanistan, and can turn it on and off at will.

Good. This is exactly how I want the rising Chinese Empire to struggle, by stretching itself thin.
This was my first reaction as well, followed closely by 'Would the Chinese support another 9/11 attack on the US?'
The second probably not likely, but yet a possibility, and a legitimate concern I would think. I mean who wants another 9/11 attack?

If Afghanistan descends into chaos again, I can see Russia invading and occupying the place. They did it once before.

I never thought China would have military interests in the area.

If they do occupy Afghanistan, this will put China in opposition with Pakistan and Iran who also have interests in Afghanistan.

Afghanistan boarders China, and has been a smuggling route for Islamic extremists leaving China to fight in places like Syria, Iraq and of course Afghanistan. China of course would like to have that stopped as it would not want those extremists coming back to China. So having a force in eastern Afghanistan that works on patrolling movements could work in that case.

Iran is mainly interested in the Herat area and the Shia population of Afghanistan which would not be impacted by a Chinese force in eastern Afghanistan

Pakistan would not have much of an issue with China being in eastern Afghanistan as long as it had the primary influence on the Afghanistan government. Better China in Eastern Afghanistan than the US or India from a Pakistan viewpoint

Yeah, China sees no value in trillions worth in untapped minerals. Neither does the US.

I bet you're a C level executive somewhere.
It is the cost of putting your hand in the cookie jar. There is a better way for CCP to achieve that. Also, those "untapped minerals" are not CCP's top priority. Did you follow CCP's foreign "policy" lately? no wonder, CCP has been eating US lunch for over 10 years, and US is still believing China is their friend. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You miss the whole issue in here. We are talking about CCP, not the USA here. From the CCP POV, the mineral deposits are not worth the trouble, and that move is not CCP move.
BTW, it seems that you don't understand CCP
Not worth the money trouble with the security situation that exists there now. If it we’re to change, then in am sure China would be willing to build mines there

That's not going to happen.

I think that I sort of implied that in my comment.

If I had to guess, my guess would be that the announcement was intended more to create a "We can't let the COMMIES take over the country that we -conquered- liberated." movement in the US (and thereby further divide the American people) than anything else.

It is the cost of putting your hand to the cookie jar. There is a better way for CCP to achieve that. Also, those "untapped minerals" are not CCP's top priority. Did you follow CCP's foreign "policy" lately? no wonder, CCP has been eating US lunch for over 10 years, and US is still believing China is their friend. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
The US war on terror was the best thing for China since sliced pork.

A massive strategic error that occupied the US for nearly 20 years and accomplished nothing. Costing hundreds of billions of dollars and untold amounts of human suffering

Back
Top Bottom