• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

China isn't backing Russia and just let it be known

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
This is great news. China was riding the fence until this point having voted to abstain in the UN council. This is directly against Putin's comments that Ukraine wasn't a real country. No one has Pooty's back except Belarus and some of our Republicans. Putin is becoming more and more strategically screwed.

China owns a lot of land in Ukraine, so that wasn't exactly a smart move of Putin's part.

News link:

Wang said the current situation in Ukraine was not something Beijing wished to see and that it would welcome direct dialogue between Russia and Ukraine as soon as possible.​
"China firmly advocates respecting and safeguarding the sovereignty and territorial integrity of all countries," Wang said, according to a statement from China's Foreign Ministry. "This equally applies to the Ukraine issue."​

While trying to butter up both sides, them stating Ukraine is a sovereign nation flies in the face of Putin's notion that Ukraine isn't a real state. Knee-capping his invasion support.

Hungary's strongman dictator Viktor Orban just threw Putin under the bus too.

I hope all these moves will be in time to keep Zelenski alive and perserve his country's sovereignty.

I'm thinking this is why Putin only sent one-third of the troops into Ukraine. He looks to have underestimated the Ukrainian response, but I think he also held back waiting to see which way the wind blew before fully committing. He now can continue with his propaganda campaign telling his people these were defensive maneuvers, while pulling back, which he will surely now do.

Seeing his buddy Orban on board with the world is the kicker. Vlad is alone, from the world and his own people.

How quickly, I don't know. But I'm seeing this as being over.

I'm thinking this is why Putin only sent one-third of the troops into Ukraine. He looks to have underestimated the Ukrainian response, but I think he also held back waiting to see which way the wind blew before fully committing. He now can continue with his propaganda campaign telling his people these were defensive maneuvers, while pulling back, which he will surely now do.

Seeing his buddy Orban on board with the world is the kicker. Vlad is alone, from the world and his own people.

How quickly, I don't know. But I'm seeing this as being over.
The prickly part is that China is terrified that Ukraine might join NATO. They also do not want a democracy near them giving their people ideas. And this giant failure by putin combined with the fast-dying Russian economy just might make an Alexei Navalny presidency happen.

Back
Top Bottom