• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

China Eastern Airlines Boeing 737 crashes in Guangxi region with 132 on board

Not sure the C-130 is a good comparison. That was an airtanker used on wildfires. Those aircraft go through extreme stress when dropping retardant.
If I remember correctly the cause was micro cracks that were not discovered during inspections. Cracks formed from many flight hours doing retardant drops.

If the crash was not a mechanical problem, it could have been a pilot wanting to kill themselves.
The problem is that it was still being used despite that "in the late 1960’s the aircraft’s library showed a break in records keeping of over four years" while being used by a CIA front company (source: https://theaviationgeekclub.com/the...e-wings-fall-off-during-the-2002-fire-season/). I think it's negligent and irresponsible to be using an old cargo plane that was missing over 4 years of its records, especially for the purpose of dropping retardant which - as you point out - goes "through extreme stress" for that.

I'm not saying that the wings on this 737 snapped of for the same or similar reason, or that I know why the wings would've snapped off; I'm just saying I don't get what occurred unless the wings snapped off, because that seems like the only thing that could explain what occurred.

The problem is that it was still being used despite that "in the late 1960’s the aircraft’s library showed a break in records keeping of over four years" while being used by a CIA front company (source: https://theaviationgeekclub.com/the...e-wings-fall-off-during-the-2002-fire-season/). I think it's negligent and irresponsible to be using an old cargo plane that was missing over 4 years of its records, especially for the purpose of dropping retardant which - as you point out - goes "through extreme stress" for that.

I'm not saying that the wings on this 737 snapped of for the same or similar reason, or that I know why the wings would've snapped off; I'm just saying I don't get what occurred unless the wings snapped off, because that seems like the only thing that could explain what occurred.

NTSB report

Fire Aviation SAFENET

If not a mechanical failure on the 737, then I suspect a human crashed the aircraft.

Umm is there any update on how a plane in cruising altitude just crashes?

Back
Top Bottom