• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

China arrests Singapore journalist

ludahai

Defender of the Faith
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
ludahai said:
Ching Cheong, a journalist for the Straits Times of Singapore was arrested for "stealing state secrets" when he tried to gain access to a hard copy of a manuscript by former Communist Party General Secretary Zhao Ziyang. China has more journalists in prison than any other country on the planet.

Further proof of the barbarity of the Chinese regime.

Source: Bloomberg
Source: Today Online
Sign a petition supporting Ching Cheong with Reporters San Frontieres
All your posts in the forum I can see are to smear China. You are absolutely a Tainwan secessionist. Not all the people in the forum are willing to read your style and interested in your post. You are more like a abject woman than a true man. The same as your Taiwan government.

frankguy said:
All your posts in the forum I can see are to smear China.

Actually, it is the Chinese government I am attacking, NOT the country. I love China and the Chinese people. It is the government and the way it treats its own people, as well as its illegal and immoral occupation of territories that DO NOT belong to it (most notably Tibet) and its threatening of neighboring countries (i.e. Taiwan, Japan, and the Philippines) that I oppose.

You are absolutely a Tainwan secessionist. Not all the people in the forum are willing to read your style and interested in your post. You are more like a abject woman than a true man. The same as your Taiwan government.

To be a secessionist, that would assume that Taiwan is a part of China. It most certainly is NOT a part of China. The Qing Dynasty, which was NOT a Han but rather a Manchu dynasty, surrendered Taiwan in 1895 and never regained it.

Unlike your government, which is undemocratic and corrupt, denying the people of basic freedoms, Taiwan's government is democratic and is rated as "free" by virtually every human rights organization who makes such ratings. Quite the opposite from China which is consistantly rated as "unfree."

ludahai said:
Actually, it is the Chinese government I am attacking, NOT the country. I love China and the Chinese people. It is the government and the way it treats its own people, as well as its illegal and immoral occupation of territories that DO NOT belong to it (most notably Tibet) and its threatening of neighboring countries (i.e. Taiwan, Japan, and the Philippines) that I oppose.
I don't think all the Chinese govenment has done is wrong. Maybe he is not so good but he has made the country richer and stronger than before. India is a democratic contry but it's poorer than China. Do you think the Indians are much happier and freer than us? No one doubts China will be the second super power of the world. You can only feel free if your contry gets strong. If not, there is no true freedom for your country. China has many historical, ethinical problems. It's great that the government made such a big progress. China government always says he will not use nuclear weapons at first you know. And there is no aircraft carrier in China, how come you said China threating others? I found a lot of people demonize China government without throught.
ludahai said:
To be a secessionist, that would assume that Taiwan is a part of China. It most certainly is NOT a part of China. The Qing Dynasty, which was NOT a Han but rather a Manchu dynasty, surrendered Taiwan in 1895 and never regained it..
Since you think Taiwan is not a part of China, why does it occupate the Jinmen an Mazu islands nearby Xiamen, FUjian province. The Taiwan surrendered by Qing Dynasty didn't include the two islands. How come Taiwan doesn't return them? I don't know which government illegally and immorally occupates of territories DO NOT belong to it.

ludahai said:
Unlike your government, which is undemocratic and corrupt, denying the people of basic freedoms, Taiwan's government is democratic and is rated as "free" by virtually every human rights organization who makes such ratings. Quite the opposite from China which is consistantly rated as "unfree."
Again, you can only feel free if your country gets strong. Even if you feel free, but your country does't feel free in the world. It's the philosophy of Chian Government, you cannot force him to abandon his belief.

frankguy said:
All your posts in the forum I can see are to smear China. You are absolutely a Tainwan secessionist. Not all the people in the forum are willing to read your style and interested in your post. You are more like a abject woman than a true man. The same as your Taiwan government.

Well at least we can dispense with the niceties. Hey ludahai, he called you a girl. You gonna take that? You Tainwan so and so. Mei guanqi.

You know frankguy, we probably know more about what your government does than you do. Your communists remember? Sharing information with the peasants has never been communisms greatest asset.

frankguy said:
I don't think all the Chinese govenment has done is wrong. Maybe he is not so good but he has made the country richer and stronger than before.

This is the same government that has ripped the grandeur of Chinese culture and tradition apart over the decades. This is the same Chinese government who has tyrannized people who want to peacefully practice Falungong, Christianity and other religious faiths. This is the same Chinese government who has turned occupied Tibet into an armed camp.

India is a democratic contry but it's poorer than China. Do you think the Indians are much happier and freer than us?

I have been to the Chinese countryside, so I know the depths of this misrepresentating of China's wealth. Sure, a small number of people in China's urban areas are wealthy. Good for them. However, the poverty in the hinterlands, and even that of 外地人 "Waidiren" in cities like Shanghai and Guangzhou is appalling. Does India have significant problems with poverty? Yes. But the people in India have the ability to call their government to account for its missteps, as it did in a recent election. The Chinese masses do not have this right.

No one doubts China will be the second super power of the world. You can only feel free if your contry gets strong.

Actually, a lot of people doubt this. China currently has many impediments to its rise to global superpower status, the most important is its lack or resources. Regardless of this fact, civilized countries can guarantee freedom for their people without military strength. Most European countries are small, and are not militarily powerful, but most are also democracies that respect the rights of their peoples. Taiwan, South Korea and Japan are much smaller than China is, however, all are wealthy and free, unlike China.

If not, there is no true freedom for your country. China has many historical, ethinical problems. It's great that the government made such a big progress. China government always says he will not use nuclear weapons at first you know. And there is no aircraft carrier in China, how come you said China threating others? I found a lot of people demonize China government without throught.

You apparently missed the several instances where leading Chinese generals have said that China may use the nuclear option against the United States if it becomes involved in a Taiwan Strait war, even if the U.S. DOESN'T go nuclear! China has recently taken an island from the Philippines in the South China Sea, and in fact, claims the whole thing as its own, despite the rediculousness of that claim. China has hundreds of missiles aimed at Taiwan, and has recently passed a law authorizing force against the country.

Since you think Taiwan is not a part of China, why does it occupate the Jinmen an Mazu islands nearby Xiamen, FUjian province. The Taiwan surrendered by Qing Dynasty didn't include the two islands. How come Taiwan doesn't return them? I don't know which government illegally and immorally occupates of territories DO NOT belong to it.

Actually, I support the return of Kinmen and Matsu providing that China recognizes the independence of Taiwan. Furthermore, I say put all KMT traitors on those two islands, and see how long their precious ROC lasts with the only two islands it legally has sovereignty over. Considering that China still threatens Taiwan, Taiwan does have a moral right to maintain a line of defense. Upon such time as China and Taiwan normalize relations, I support the return of Kinmen and Matsu, not before.

Again, you can only feel free if your country gets strong. Even if you feel free, but your country does't feel free in the world. It's the philosophy of Chian Government, you cannot force him to abandon his belief.

Taiwan is not that strong militarily, though strong enough to fend off a Chinese attack. Despite the fact that Taiwan is not militarily strong, it is economically strong. Taiwan's people are among the most free in the world, arguably more free than anywhere else in Asia. Taiwan and China should be friends, not enemies. The two countries can help each other in so many ways, and in many ways on the economic front, there is already considerable cooperation. However, there is growing distrust of China on this side of the strait, and consequently, many Taiwan businessmen are looking at other options for investment.

teacher said:
Well at least we can dispense with the niceties. Hey ludahai, he called you a girl. You gonna take that? You Tainwan so and so. Mei guanqi.

LEt him do the name calling. It shows the world that when he has no argument, he has to resort to this.

ludahai said:
LEt him do the name calling. It shows the world that when he has no argument, he has to resort to this.

Is it possible he doesn't know the whole truth about what his nation does?
I don't pay much attention to China anymore. I just know their government sucks. I'm sure it doesn't help much with yang guizi speaking Chinese. Can you PM me with the, Tian bu pa, di bu pa, jui pa yang guizi shuo zhongguo hua in characters? I'll put it on my sig. That should rattle his cage.

ludahai said:
This is the same government that has ripped the grandeur of Chinese culture and tradition apart over the decades. This is the same Chinese government who has tyrannized people who want to peacefully practice Falungong, Christianity and other religious faiths. This is the same Chinese government who has turned occupied Tibet into an armed camp..
There is no perfect person and no perfect goverment in the world. Tibet has been a part of China long ago. We have no reason to lose it. Falungong is an evil organize. My teacher had arthritis years ago and the Falungong cheated him that if he took part in the organization they can cure the ailment. Fianlly, they can't. They just cheated money.

ludahai said:
I have been to the Chinese countryside, so I know the depths of this misrepresentating of China's wealth. Sure, a small number of people in China's urban areas are wealthy. Good for them. However, the poverty in the hinterlands, and even that of 外地人 "Waidiren" in cities like Shanghai and Guangzhou is appalling. Does India have significant problems with poverty? Yes. But the people in India have the ability to call their government to account for its missteps, as it did in a recent election. The Chinese masses do not have this right
ludahai said:
There are poor people and rich people all over the world. The same as in US and Taiwan. It's not an unique phenomenon in China. Do you think demacray is everything? If so, why is India so poor? Are Iraq peoples much happier and freer than before? Even worse. China has made a great progress in decmacray and human right. We just need time. Rome was not built in a night. I think most of Taiwaners and American have no such patience. They all hope China solve these problem just by surrend its sovereignty and folow what US said. Just like Taiwan.

ludahai said:
Actually, a lot of people doubt this. China currently has many impediments to its rise to global superpower status, the most important is its lack or resources. Regardless of this fact, civilized countries can guarantee freedom for their people without military strength. Most European countries are small, and are not militarily powerful, but most are also democracies that respect the rights of their peoples. Taiwan, South Korea and Japan are much smaller than China is, however, all are wealthy and free, unlike China.
ludahai said:
I think you are not proud of your so called country. Neither is Janpanese. Because they are not a normal(正常)country. They are controlled by US because there are millitary bases in there countries. China has the possiblity to be a super power in the world. But they cannot never.

ludahai said:
You apparently missed the several instances where leading Chinese generals have said that China may use the nuclear option against the United States if it becomes involved in a Taiwan Strait war, even if the U.S. DOESN'T go nuclear! China has recently taken an island from the Philippines in the South China Sea, and in fact, claims the whole thing as its own, despite the rediculousness of that claim. China has hundreds of missiles aimed at Taiwan, and has recently passed a law authorizing force against the country.
ludahai said:
The islands in the Sounth China Sea were china's territories from Qing Dynastry. After WW2, UN also acknowledged this status. What the Chinese generals said was to show China's resolution.

ludahai said:
Actually, I support the return of Kinmen and Matsu providing that China recognizes the independence of Taiwan. Furthermore, I say put all KMT traitors on those two islands, and see how long their precious ROC lasts with the only two islands it legally has sovereignty over. Considering that China still threatens Taiwan, Taiwan does have a moral right to maintain a line of defense. Upon such time as China and Taiwan normalize relations, I support the return of Kinmen and Matsu, not before.
ludahai said:
You should admit KMT has big influence in Taiwan. It's your own proposal. Not the Taiwan government. They also have no sincerity on this.

teacher said:
Is it possible he doesn't know the whole truth about what his nation does?
I don't pay much attention to China anymore. I just know their government sucks. I'm sure it doesn't help much with yang guizi speaking Chinese
You don't know the situation of China. And you don't know the tradition and culure of China either. What you know is the bad things of China as others exaggerated. If you have some patience, you wouldn't say the words upper. I'm not a communist. I live here longer than you. And I'm an PHD. So I beg you believe I have right sense. China's situation is more complexer than you can imagine. What you said is right do we can't do as what you said. We need time. If China does everything as you want, it will go into chaos.

[
QUOTE=frankguy]You don't know the situation of China.

But I know far more than most Americans. I understand "dui lian". I understand it's a childish concept to us, very old and important to you.
Wo ershi nian lian yisi mei shuo zhongwen. I've spent much time talking with those who fled the cultural revolution. Teachers, doctors, PHD's. I know how many Chinese feel about foreign devils speaking their tongue. Consider I know as much about you as you about me. Wode laoshi gei wo yige mingza, Bian.
And you don't know the tradition and culure of China either.
You don't know me. I could say the same about your knowledge of American culture and tradition.

What you know is the bad things of China as others exaggerated.
Much of what I know is from the mouths of Chinese people.
If you have some patience, you wouldn't say the words upper.
Upper?
I'm not a communist.
Glad to hear it.
I live here longer than you.
Duh.
And I'm an PHD.
So?
So I beg you believe I have right sense.
I grant that to all until they blow it.
China's situation is more complexer than you can imagine.
I can imagine quite a lot.
What you said is right do we can't do as what you said. We need time. If China does everything as you want, it will go into chaos
I never said by next Tuesday night. My government understands this. Why do you think we let such bullshit trade practices go on? We are not stupid either. A free and open globe is the goal of my nation. All peoples having choice. Change takes time. Only 50 years ago blacks could not drink from the same water fountain as whites. On another site I speak with Chinese mainlanders. Not all my knowledge comes from kungfu movies.

Capitolism calls. Gotta go.

Last edited:
frankguy said:
There is no perfect person and no perfect goverment in the world. Tibet has been a part of China long ago. We have no reason to lose it. Falungong is an evil organize. My teacher had arthritis years ago and the Falungong cheated him that if he took part in the organization they can cure the ailment. Fianlly, they can't. They just cheated money.

Then it is your teacher who made a mistake. There is a similiar group in the United States called "Christian Scientists." However, as long as they don't violate the law, they have the right to practice their beliefs. The vast majority of Falungong practitioners are not cheats and it is NOT an evil organization. That is your government speaking again. I was living in Shanghai when the crackdown began in July 1999 and it was so obviously propoganda that I couldn't take anything the media was taking seriously.

There are poor people and rich people all over the world. The same as in US and Taiwan. It's not an unique phenomenon in China.

However, the poor in China are amongst the poorest in the world. There is nothing in Taiwan or the United States that equates with the poverty of the poor in China, poverty which is all too often exacerbated by the policies of the unelected Chinese government.

Do you think demacray is everything? If so, why is India so poor? Are Iraq peoples much happier and freer than before? Even worse. China has made a great progress in decmacray and human right.

India has a well developed high tech industry. However, India was a case where the recent government promoted policies that helped the rich, but not the poor, much as China's government does. However, the people of India had the chance to vote out that government, and they did. THe Chinese peope don't have that right. As for human rights in China, they have not been progressing over the past five years, but rather, they have been deteriorating.

We just need time. Rome was not built in a night. I think most of Taiwaners and American have no such patience. They all hope China solve these problem just by surrend its sovereignty and folow what US said. Just like Taiwan.

I don't expect it to be built in "a DAY", but I expect to see progress. THis has not been happening since Hu Jintao became emperor (I mean President)

I think you are not proud of your so called country. Neither is Janpanese. Because they are not a normal(正常)country. They are controlled by US because there are millitary bases in there countries. China has the possiblity to be a super power in the world. But they cannot never.

Again, it is the voice of ChiCom propoganda speaking again. Japan is a normal country more than China is. It is a democracy which respects the human rights of its people. The U.S. is there at the invitation of the Japanese government. If the government of Japan asks the United States to leave, it will just as the U.S. military left the Philippines after its democratically elected government asked it to in the 1980s.

The islands in the Sounth China Sea were china's territories from Qing Dynastry. After WW2, UN also acknowledged this status. What the Chinese generals said was to show China's resolution.

The UN has NOT recognized China's claim to the SCS. The United Nations does not make such recognition. It is true that the Dongsha (Paracel) Islands were under Chinese control from about 1815, but not the Nansha (Spratley) Islands in the far south of the South China Sea. Those were under French sovereignty administered from Saigon for about 100 years. In 1928, the Chinese government acknowledged that the Paracel Islands were the southernmost extent of its territory. This is an assessment I agree with.

You should admit KMT has big influence in Taiwan. It's your own proposal. Not the Taiwan government. They also have no sincerity on this.

Of course the KMT has no sincerity. On this we agree. The KMT led an illegitimate government in Taiwan for decades which trampled on the legitimate rights of the Taiwanese people. Now, the Taiwanese people have democracy, basic human rights, and the right to assert its presence in the international arena.

ludahai said:
Then it is your teacher who made a mistake.
How do you know this? It seems that you are wiser than everyone. You have no right to judge it without investigating it. Maybe you just think Chinese are stupid. If so you are much lower than a idiot.
ludahai said:
There is a similiar group in the United States called "Christian Scientists." However, as long as they don't violate the law, they have the right to practice their beliefs. The vast majority of Falungong practitioners are not cheats and it is NOT an evil organization. That is your government speaking again.
I don't know what's their beliefs. I know some Falungong numbers and they said they practised it just to strength their bodies and purify their thoughts. If so, why should they besiege CCTV station of China? Just because it doubted their belief? This happening showed Fulungong is an blinkered organization. They were trying to demolish the peace of China. No one allowed them to do this. They are just a piece of shi*t.
ludahai said:
I was living in Shanghai when the crackdown began in July 1999 and it was so obviously propoganda that I couldn't take anything the media was taking seriously.
Yes, you did live in Shanghai at that time. Does it show you know all the exact details of the incident? Propoganda is an weapon against enemy. Everyone can use it. The fu*king Falungong often sends me junk emails too. Your US daddy propogated that there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. How about the result? You just have an inertial thought that everything that China Government thinks is wrong you think it is right. Everything it think right you think it wrong.
ludahai said:
However, the poor in China are amongst the poorest in the world. There is nothing in Taiwan or the United States that equates with the poverty of the poor in China, .
You said it. But we Chinese people are not scared of porverty like you. The progess China has made can prove the situation is to be improved.
ludahai said:
poverty which is all too often exacerbated by the policies of the unelected Chinese government .
The government is unelected for 50 years. The poverty situation was also improved greatly. Do you doubt it? I don't why you say the situation is exacerbated? In which period?
ludahai said:
India has a well developed high tech industry. However, India was a case where the recent government promoted policies that helped the rich, but not the poor, much as China's government does. However, the people of India had the chance to vote out that government, and they did. THe Chinese peope don't have that right. As for human rights in China, they have not been progressing over the past five years, but rather, they have been deteriorating.
There are a lot of country in the world whose governments are not elected. Why not smear them? Why must you smear China? What China goverment has done does not always please you but it's not the reason for you to smear all the things he has done.
ludahai said:
I don't expect it to be built in "a DAY", but I expect to see progress. THis has not been happening since Hu Jintao became emperor (I mean President).
Why do you think it has not happened? The GDP doesn't decrease. And the human right is impoved although not too much as you expect. I want to ask you why your US daddy was expelled from UN Human right commettee in 2001? In face of the fact your US daddy threated UN by defaulting the UN fee. What a gentleman!
ludahai said:
Again, it is the voice of ChiCom propoganda speaking again. Japan is a normal country more than China is. It is a democracy which respects the human rights of its people. The U.S. is there at the invitation of the Japanese government. If the government of Japan asks the United States to leave, it will just as the U.S. military left the Philippines after its democratically elected government asked it to in the 1980s.
It seem that Taiwan is the greatest "country" in world because it was not occupied by US but they managed to become a democratic "country" for ...years. sorry I can't remember the useless number. OK, the greatest country in the world is Taiwan. It satisfied you, right?
ludahai said:
The UN has NOT recognized China's claim to the SCS. The United Nations does not make such recognition. It is true that the Dongsha (Paracel) Islands were under Chinese control from about 1815, but not the Nansha (Spratley) Islands in the far south of the South China Sea. Those were under French sovereignty administered from Saigon for about 100 years. In 1928, the Chinese government acknowledged that the Paracel Islands were the southernmost extent of its territory. This is an assessment I agree with.
This world is run by the jungle rule. Do you know your US daddy is invading Iraq? He can do it, how come China can't possess the islands which used to belong to China?
ludahai said:
Of course the KMT has no sincerity. On this we agree. The KMT led an illegitimate government in Taiwan for decades which trampled on the legitimate rights of the Taiwanese people. Now, the Taiwanese people have democracy, basic human rights, and the right to assert its presence in the international arena.
You allway boast the human right of your Taiwanese people. If you Taiwanese people were the poorest people in the world, would you want democracy? It would be of no use. Demacracy is the thing of rich people. It's of no use for Iraq and Afghanistan people. It is KMT that made Taiwan rich in the last 50 years. You should be grateful to it.

teacher said:
[

But I know far more than most Americans. I understand "dui lian". I understand it's a childish concept to us, very old and important to you.
Wo ershi nian lian yisi mei shuo zhongwen. I've spent much time talking with those who fled the cultural revolution. Teachers, doctors, PHD's. I know how many Chinese feel about foreign devils speaking their tongue. Consider I know as much about you as you about me. Wode laoshi gei wo yige mingza, Bian.

You don't know me. I could say the same about your knowledge of American culture and tradition.

Much of what I know is from the mouths of Chinese people.

Upper?

Glad to hear it.

Duh.

So?

I grant that to all until they blow it.

I can imagine quite a lot.

I never said by next Tuesday night. My government understands this. Why do you think we let such bullshit trade practices go on? We are not stupid either. A free and open globe is the goal of my nation. All peoples having choice. Change takes time. Only 50 years ago blacks could not drink from the same water fountain as whites. On another site I speak with Chinese mainlanders. Not all my knowledge comes from kungfu movies.

Capitolism calls. Gotta go.
You are really superficial. I doubt your education degree. What I have arguge with Ludahai is the relation of Taiwan and Chinese. Your have no qualification to argue on this topic. Because you are really superficial on China(中华)culture, history and tradition. What you can do is to bellow after Ludahai. It's more like the relation of Taiwan and US. HAHA.

frankguy said:
You are really superficial. I doubt your education degree.
Superficial about what, specificaly? What education degree have I claimed?

What I have arguge with Ludahai is the relation of Taiwan and Chinese.
Good for you two. I'll watch and learn.
Your have no qualification to argue on this topic. Because you are really superficial on China(中华)culture, history and tradition.
Here's one thing I think about the Chinese. If a American and a Chinese were in a phone booth and the Chinese guy farted. He would go to his grave before admitting it.
What you can do is to bellow after Ludahai.

Like when?
It's more like the relation of Taiwan and US. HAHA.

If that were the case then he'd be belowing after me.

You just ain't got game.

Sorry it took me a while to respond. I haven't had Internet access the past few days because we just moved into a larger place. The needs of a growing family... :lol:

frankguy said:
How do you know this? It seems that you are wiser than everyone. You have no right to judge it without investigating it. Maybe you just think Chinese are stupid. If so you are much lower than a idiot.

I don't think Chinese are stupid. Sheep, perhaps, but certainly not stupid. There are people all around the world who unfortunately fall victim to such tactics. It is also entirely possible that these "Falungong" people who leured him in were not true followers of Falungong. Fraud has become a big industry in China in recent years.

I don't know what's their beliefs. I know some Falungong numbers and they said they practised it just to strength their bodies and purify their thoughts. If so, why should they besiege CCTV station of China? Just because it doubted their belief? This happening showed Fulungong is an blinkered organization. They were trying to demolish the peace of China. No one allowed them to do this. They are just a piece of shi*t.

What is your source for the besieging of CCTV in China? Even if they did do it, considering that the State and the Party has control over ALL television broadcasts within China and the State and Party have been smearing Falungong, they are justified in their anger toward the government and the media that it controls.

Yes, you did live in Shanghai at that time. Does it show you know all the exact details of the incident? Propoganda is an weapon against enemy. Everyone can use it. The fu*king Falungong often sends me junk emails too. Your US daddy propogated that there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. How about the result? You just have an inertial thought that everything that China Government thinks is wrong you think it is right. Everything it think right you think it wrong.

Is the enemy the Chinese people? Do you think the Chinese people are so dumb and uncultured that they have to be told by the government what to believe? That is exactly what you are doing here. The government is justified in having the exclusive voice because you are too stupid to make up your own minds. THat is what the ChiCom government is telling its people every day.

You said it. But we Chinese people are not scared of porverty like you. The progess China has made can prove the situation is to be improved.

So now poverty is a VIRTUE? THat sounds so Maoist!

The government is unelected for 50 years. The poverty situation was also improved greatly. Do you doubt it? I don't why you say the situation is exacerbated? In which period?

The poverty situation has improved and degenerated over different periods of the past fifty years. The Party and its mismanagement of China's resources is the main cause of the famine in the early 1960s that resulted in the deaths of at least thirty million people. The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution resulted in the deaths of countless innocent people at the hands of the Red Guards. Even today, people in the Yangzi River Valley are being forced to move from their homes with inadequate compensation to make way for a dam that is going to bring uncounted environmental devestation to a large swath of the CEntral Yangzi River valley.

There are a lot of country in the world whose governments are not elected. Why not smear them? Why must you smear China? What China goverment has done does not always please you but it's not the reason for you to smear all the things he has done.

It isn't smearing if you are telling the truth. Saudi Arabia is an autocratic government, and I often speak out against the autocratic policies of the Royal Family. However, unlike China, they are not continually threatening their neighbors, including the country that I live in, Taiwan.

Why do you think it has not happened? The GDP doesn't decrease. And the human right is impoved although not too much as you expect. I want to ask you why your US daddy was expelled from UN Human right commettee in 2001? In face of the fact your US daddy threated UN by defaulting the UN fee. What a gentleman!

The GDP has increased, but the gap between the rich and poor in China is one of the largest in the world. The rich have benefited from the growth of China's economy. However, these benefits have not trickled into most areas of the hinterlands. The United States was not expelled from the UN Human Rights committee. It lost its bid for re-election to Sweden, another country with an outstanding human rights record. You conveniently ignore the fact that the United States was voted back into the UN Human Rights committee the very same year. Also, considering that Syria and Sudan are members of the very same committee, non-membership in that committee isn't the greatest loss in the world. Talk about a committee what allows the fox right into the henhouse!

It seem that Taiwan is the greatest "country" in world because it was not occupied by US but they managed to become a democratic "country" for ...years. sorry I can't remember the useless number. OK, the greatest country in the world is Taiwan. It satisfied you, right?

I never said that Taiwan is the greatest country in the world. However, unlike China, the people of Taiwan have a voice in making it a better country. Nice to see a Chinese admit that Taiwan is in fact a country.

This world is run by the jungle rule. Do you know your US daddy is invading Iraq? He can do it, how come China can't possess the islands which used to belong to China?

The United States government ordered the invasion of IRaq in accordance with multiple UN Security Council resolutions. The United States has no intention of making Iraq into the 51st state. (Canada is already slated for that... j/k) China,on the other hand, already considers Taiwan its 23rd province even though it has no legal claim to the island nor has the PRC ever controlled the island-country. As for the islands in the South China Sea, south of the Paracel Islands, those islands never belonged to China. If countries around the world start saying that they have a legitimate claim to all of the land that they occupied in the past, there would be constant wars as those boundaries hopelessly overlap. You are nothing more than a Chinese imperial warmonger.

You allway boast the human right of your Taiwanese people. If you Taiwanese people were the poorest people in the world, would you want democracy? It would be of no use. Demacracy is the thing of rich people. It's of no use for Iraq and Afghanistan people. It is KMT that made Taiwan rich in the last 50 years. You should be grateful to it.

1. The KMT did not make Taiwan rich, the hard work of the Taiwanese did. When the KMT occupied Taiwan in 1945, they illegally began removing the infrastructure that the JAPANESE built in Taiwan and brought it to China. In 1949, large numbers of ignorant Chinese soldiers were amazed by the very sight of a water tap bring water out of a wall. They thought it was magic. IT was an everyday thing for Taiwanese people who were on the whole far more sophisticated than the Chinese immigrants who illegally took over Taiwan in the late 1940s.

Democracy isn't only for the rich. This is a specist argument on your part. Democracy and the ideals associated with it are the aspiration of all peoples of the world. Only apologists for tyrants would argue otherwise.

In fact, I have no time to waste arguing with you. But I'll tell you, westen media demonlizes China for many years, you shouldn't always believe it and you should have your own brain. In China, there are many bad description about Taiwan, US and other countries. But I have my own brain. I'm tend to be fair-minded on all things. I never smear someone or country about every thing. If you don't try to understand China and just demonlize it. It does no good for you. And China will not get worse because of you. Instead, China is going to be more strong and rich. This is the fact. I think you should be a kind man, and more broard-viewed. Every thing is the world is developing including CCP. China is not so bad as you think.

frankguy said:
In fact, I have no time to waste arguing with you. But I'll tell you, westen media demonlizes China for many years, you shouldn't always believe it and you should have your own brain.

I do use my own brain. I have seen for myself the things that the people in China have to do to simply worship according to their own conscience. I have seen first hand how Tibet has been turned into an armed camp and looks more like military occupation (reality) than anything else.

In China, there are many bad description about Taiwan, US and other countries. But I have my own brain. I'm tend to be fair-minded on all things. I never smear someone or country about every thing.

I am not smearing China. I don't even hate China. I hate China's government. I love China and the Chinese people. I spent two wonderful, enjoyable years living in Shandong and then Shanghai. I still follow the Shandong Luneng soccer team. I still keep in touch with friends of mine from China. My quarrel is with how China treats its own people and how it threatens its neighbors, most of whom are peaceful and simply want to be left alone.

If you don't try to understand China and just demonlize it. It does no good for you. And China will not get worse because of you. Instead, China is going to be more strong and rich. This is the fact. I think you should be a kind man, and more broard-viewed. Every thing is the world is developing including CCP. China is not so bad as you think.

I understand China better than you think, and certainly better than most other Westerners. I respect and admire the Chinese people. If you say something can't be done, the Chinese people will prove you wrong time and again. The building of the Nanjing Yangzi River Bridge in 1968 after the pullout of Soviet engineers is but one of many examples. However, the denial of basic rights to the people of China is unacceptable. The pointing of hundreds of missiles (many of which are nuclear capable) at a small country like Taiwan is unacceptable. The illegal copying and pirating of intellectual property is unacceptable. China's trade practices are unacceptable. China's government has a lot of progress to make before I will extend to it my respect. However, the Chinese people already have it.

ludahai,
Serious, non-attacking question.
Would it not be better to keep quiet and not upset the status quo, and enjoy the unofficial autonomy you have? And the many Taiwanese who invest in the mainland can carry on doing so?
If you keep pushing the mainland, do you not risk an all out conflict situation, which Taiwan would undoubtedly lose?

Urethra Franklin said:
ludahai,
Serious, non-attacking question.
Would it not be better to keep quiet and not upset the status quo, and enjoy the unofficial autonomy you have? And the many Taiwanese who invest in the mainland can carry on doing so?
If you keep pushing the mainland, do you not risk an all out conflict situation, which Taiwan would undoubtedly lose?

I'll remember you said that the next time that Taiwan is unable to get assistance from the WHO when children are dying from a variety of diseases that sometimes comes from China. If SARS crops up again, we will also remember the lack of assistance Taiwan gets due to its diplomatic isolation. Taiwan is treated like a non-entity by countries such as France. At least countries who love freedom like the United States and Japan treat Taiwan with far more respect.

As for a conflict, there is plenty of doubt as to the outcome, though your beloved French wanted to tip the balance in favor of the Chinese.

Dear ludahai

I do not think you are Chinese right ? No doubt your short time in China has made you expert far more than our thousands of years of Chinese culture ever could.

This "journalist" has now been charged and will go to court so world can see the evidence and judge accordingly. We Chinese believe in checking all facts even thought you seem to have already made up your mind.

You have learnt a few Chinese words (which is very good achievement) but you must not confuse that with some form of cultural understanding.

1 The Falun Gong in China and the Falun Gong outside of China are two different organisations. You only see one side of picture. I do not say all Chinese F.G. are bad as they are not, however the group has other motives that do not benefit the Chinese people.

2 Taiwan - the world recognises (inculding the USA) that Taiwan is part of China. It is for Chinese to decide if / when Taiwan ever become independant. You talk nonsense earlier about SARS / hunger. You may not know but it is Taiwan who will not allow direct cross strait communications etc and not China. If Taiwan chooses to voilate UN resolutions etc then there has to be some price to pay.

3 You say you love China and Chinese people but hate the Govt. Yet the Govt is the will of the Chinese people. We are peace loving nation, no terrorism, improving standards of living, and give open and free access to all, even those with disenting views such as your self. I doubt even USA so open these days as i hear it is hard to enter if you are muslim etc.

4 China is recognised as the new world super power yet we do not abuse our position. we seek peaceful resolution to Taiwan issue, support war on terror, have floated the yuan and many other measures on global stage. It is USA that is shrinking back like isolationist country.

Fried Rice is Proud to be Chinese

ludahai said:
I'll remember you said that the next time that Taiwan is unable to get assistance from the WHO when children are dying from a variety of diseases that sometimes comes from China. If SARS crops up again, we will also remember the lack of assistance Taiwan gets due to its diplomatic isolation. .

You seem to be saying Taiwan would be better off if it accepted it's place as part of China.

ludahai said:
countries who love freedom like the United States .

But the US turned its back on Taiwan.

Your claim that the US loves freedom is laughable. Countries that love freedom don't selectively topple dictators in line with their own inetersts, and then allow that country to institiute a constitiution that will disadvantage 50% of the population (the women) it's claimed to have liberated. Countries that love freedom don't topple democratically elected governments (as in Chile) then stand idly by while their new friend tortures and murders thousands. The Chinese government is far from perfect, but you need to look a little closer to your real home.

Fried Rice said:
Dear ludahai

I do not think you are Chinese right ? No doubt your short time in China has made you expert far more than our thousands of years of Chinese culture ever could.

I never claimed to be Chinese. However, being Chinese doesn't mean you understand the four thousand years of Chinese culture and history. There is no such thing as a culture gene. Sadly, the ChiCom government has done away with much of what made Chinese culture a truly beautiful culture. Some of it has been revived in recent years, but only a fraction of what was practiced before. In fact, in day to day life, more traditional culture is practiced in Taiwan than it is in China. [/quote]

This "journalist" has now been charged and will go to court so world can see the evidence and judge accordingly. We Chinese believe in checking all facts even thought you seem to have already made up your mind.

First of all, I don't trust the ChiCom government. Chinese trials are not open, but are in reality little more than Kangaroo courts. They don't look at the evidence, they look at what the ChiCom government says and make a verdict based solely upon that. Allow reporters (unbiased reporters, not ChiCom mouthpieces) and allow the family of the reporter into the courtroom. The ChiCom government doesn't allow that either. I wonder why.....*hmmm*

You have learnt a few Chinese words (which is very good achievement) but you must not confuse that with some form of cultural understanding.

I actually know more than a few words. I speak Mandarin rather well. I use it every day as few of my neighbors speak any English beyond the very basics.

1 The Falun Gong in China and the Falun Gong outside of China are two different organisations. You only see one side of picture. I do not say all Chinese F.G. are bad as they are not, however the group has other motives that do not benefit the Chinese people.

Most Chinese only see one side of the picture, the slanted picture provided them by the ChiCom government controlled news media. You obviously don't trust your own people enough to make their own decisions in matters of religion or other matters.

2 Taiwan - the world recognises (inculding the USA) that Taiwan is part of China. It is for Chinese to decide if / when Taiwan ever become independant. You talk nonsense earlier about SARS / hunger. You may not know but it is Taiwan who will not allow direct cross strait communications etc and not China. If Taiwan chooses to voilate UN resolutions etc then there has to be some price to pay.

Many countries do NOT recognize Taiwan as a part of China. The U.S., Canada and Japan (among many others) craft language that appeases Beijing, but in reality does not amount any more than acknowledgeing that the Chinese believe that there is one China and that Taiwan is a part of it, but the reality is that these governments don't officially recognize Taiwan as a part of China. Furthermore, from the standpoint of international law, it is quite irrelevant. There is no legally-binding treaty following World War II that transfers Taiwan from Japanese control to Chinese control. Treaties, NOT recognition, form the backbone of international law. A treaty is required to transfer sovereignty of a territory from one state to another, not recognition by other states.

As for UN resolutions, there ARE NO UN resolutions pertaining to Taiwan. Taiwan is not a UN member and was never a UN member. There is no UN resolution that says Taiwan is a part of China. Thus, there are no UN resolutions to violate. Being that your country violates any number of UN resolutions, not the least of which is the Universal Declaration of Human RIghts, you shouldn't be speaking of abiding by UN resolutions.

3 You say you love China and Chinese people but hate the Govt. Yet the Govt is the will of the Chinese people. We are peace loving nation, no terrorism, improving standards of living, and give open and free access to all, even those with disenting views such as your self. I doubt even USA so open these days as i hear it is hard to enter if you are muslim etc.

If the Chiense government is the will of the Chinese people and the government trusts the Chinese people, why not elections? The fact is that the Chinese government gained power through violence, NOT the will of the people. It maintains power through its control of the military and of the media, NOT through the will of the people.

As for China being peace loving, remove the 700 missiles that are pointed at the truly peaceful country of Taiwan. If China were a peace loving nation, the Chinese people wouldn't have attacked American diplomatic installations in 1999. If the Chinese were peace loving people, they wouldn't have attacked Japanese fans and diplomatic vehicles last year at the finals of the Asian Cup. The fact is that the Chinese people have become pawns of an unelected government who has no desire for peace, but would rather take what does not belong to them. Taiwan does not belong to them. The Senkaku (Diaoyu) Islands to not belong to them. The SOuth China Sea doesn't belong to them. THe Gulf of Tonkin (Beibu) doesn't belong to them. Tibet doesn't belong to them. For a country that is supposedly peaceful, they seem to want an awful lot of what doesn't belong to them.

4 China is recognised as the new world super power yet we do not abuse our position. we seek peaceful resolution to Taiwan issue, support war on terror, have floated the yuan and many other measures on global stage. It is USA that is shrinking back like isolationist country.

China is at most a regional superpower. And that is only on land at this point. China has limited power projection capability at this point, not that the French don't want to help you to improve that. Fortunately, the rest of the EU has woken up to the true nature of the Chinese threat.

China has certainly abused its position on the Security Council, on matters ranging from Liberia to Haiti and Macedonia, China has used its veto power to influence the internal politics of those countries relating to their recognition of Taiwan.

The yuan is NOT being floated, it is fixed to a basket of foreign currencies. This basket has not even been released by the Central Bank. No transparency there.

China will resort to force regarding Taiwan once it feels like it can actually take over the country. If China were devoted to peacefully settling the situation, take away the missiles and let Taiwan determine its own future. Remember, you have no legal claim to this island. It belongs to the Taiwanese people, and no one else.

Fried Rice is Proud to be Chinese

And you should be. The Chinese have a proud and glorious history and have the potential to have a glorious future. Once China's government begins to democratize and respect the rights of its own people, I will be happy to welcome them as a responsible member of the international community, and as a friend both to Taiwan and to the United States. Until that happens, Taiwan, Japan, the United States and the rest of the free world should be wary.

BTW, I prefer fried noodles to fried rice, but to each his/her own... ;)

Urethra Franklin said:
You seem to be saying Taiwan would be better off if it accepted it's place as part of China.

No, because then Taiwan would lose the freedom that it now has. Of course, you have repeatedly voiced contempt for freedom and free nations, so I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

But the US turned its back on Taiwan.

Democratic presidents have certainly turned their back on Taiwan, but not Republican presidents, nor have a large portion of Congressmen and Senators of both parties. Sure, Carter (a democrat) changed recognition and Clinton (a democrat) denied sales of advanced weapons systems. However, Reagan was a strong supporter of Taiwan as is the current president Bush. Remember, the U.S. DOES NOT recognize Taiwan as being a part of China, it only acknowledges the Chinese stance on the issue, nothing more.

Your claim that the US loves freedom is laughable. Countries that love freedom don't selectively topple dictators in line with their own inetersts, and then allow that country to institiute a constitiution that will disadvantage 50% of the population (the women) it's claimed to have liberated. Countries that love freedom don't topple democratically elected governments (as in Chile) then stand idly by while their new friend tortures and murders thousands. The Chinese government is far from perfect, but you need to look a little closer to your real home.

THe U.S. can't topple every dictator in the world. It is better to have a constitution that allegedly disadvantages 50% of the population rather than 99% of the population.

As for Chile, that is often alleged, but with little proof to back it up. It is actually amusing that anti-U.S. people out there take as an article of faith that the U.S. CIA arranged the toppling of Allende, but there is little evidence to back that up, and plenty of evidence to point toward the fact that there was considerable domestic opposition within Chile to Allende at the time.

Comparing the U.S. to China is laughable. Are you claiming that China is a freer country with a more reponsible government than the United States? Be VERY careful how you respond to that question, should you dare tackle it in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom