• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

China Accuses Trudeau Govt of 'Double Standards' in Depiction of Hong Kong, Ottawa Protests

sanman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Xi Jinping asking Justin - why you better than us?

China accuses Trudeau govt of 'double standards' in depiction of Hong Kong, Ottawa protests

Accusing the Justin Trudeau government of "double standards" China has slammed Ottawa for the way the Freedom Convoy in Canada was portrayed in comparison with the protests in Hong Kong.

This comes as the trucker protests in Ottawa were quelled using emergency powers what the government termed an "occupation" and "blockade" of the nation's capital that presented a "threat to democracy."

According to China's Embassy in Canada, this characterization stood in stark contrast to Ottawa's support for the unruly protests that swept Hong Kong in March of 2019 and ended several months later.

"In the eyes of some people in Canada, similar protests and demonstrations should be referred to differently in different places. In Hong Kong, they are 'human rights movement,' but in Canada they are 'a threat to democracy.' Such stark double standard is unacceptable," Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Wang Wenbin said in a regular press conference on Tuesday.

The Chinese diplomatic mission noted that Canadian police used violent means to disperse the peaceful protesters that set up base in Ottawa's downtown core.

Xi Jinping asking Justin - why you better than us?

Interesting misread of the situation.

If the "truckers" wanted to protest against being required to be vaccinated before being allowed into the US, then they were staging their protest in the wrong country since that is NOT a requirement of the Canadian government.

What those "truckers" should have done is stage their protest in Washington DC (the home of the government that "mandated" that they be vaccinated before entering the United States of America.

Mind you, if they had done that then there wouldn't have been any "cause" for their protest as they would all have already been vaccinated so that they could get in to the US.

I mean, seriously, what kind of an asshole promotes a genocidal regime's propaganda on anything.
True. But, it doesn't absolve Trudeau from his tyrannical totalitarian actions either. Why hasn't Biden done what Jinping did and call Trudeau out for fascist and commie actions?

True. But, it doesn't absolve Trudeau from his tyrannical totalitarian actions either. Why hasn't Biden done what Jinping did and call Trudeau out for fascist and commie actions?

The China regime "calls people out" because it benefits them to pretend they're different. You see, the regime wants to hide their genocide. One way they hide their genocide is to criticize others as if they have any ground to stand on. When you grant them ground to stand on, you are denying the genocide they commit. You are playing their game. You are their sucker.

Well, I'm not a sucker for genocidal regimes so I don't parrot them like a stupid piece of shit.

You can blame politics: "the Dems made him do it!" But garbage is garbage.

Some people suck regime dick and some don't. That's all it comes down to. I'm not a regime sucker.

The China regime "calls people out" because it benefits them to pretend they're different. You see, the regime wants to hide their genocide. One way they hide their genocide is to criticize others as if they have any ground to stand on. When you grant them ground to stand on, you are denying the genocide they commit. You are playing their game. You are their sucker.

Well, I'm not a sucker for genocidal regimes so I don't parrot them like a stupid piece of shit.

You can blame politics: "the Dems made him do it!" But garbage is garbage.

Some people suck regime dick and some don't. That's all it comes down to. I'm not a regime sucker.
That doesn't answer my question on why Biden didn't call out Trudeau for his tyranny totalitarian actions and words. A true totalitarian was able to do so regardless of his motives. And, you defend Biden for this? That makes you what you claim you aren't. That shoe you are chewing on must be quite tasty.

The only thing China should be schooling Canada on is that they have a leader who's not stupid and unsafe enough to get covid. They aren't superior in very much else.

Back
Top Bottom