• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

China: a new hegemonic power

Kelzie said:
It could be both....and maybe with the "o" too.

"cooommmmiiiiiing"

Except it kind of looks like cooming. And that just sounds weird.
Like some sort of Canadian accent...

How do answer "The British are cooommmmiiiiiing"?...

It's aboot time?....:doh

cnredd said:
Like some sort of Canadian accent...

How do answer "The British are cooommmmiiiiiing"?...

It's aboot time?....:doh

Eh?....:mrgreen:

jfuh said:
Hmmm, it may have something to do of belonging to China to begin with? Why are your historical knowledge in the region so one sided? I wonder if it'd be any different had China never become communist, would you think the same way?

North and west? Hmmm when did China expand north and west? The places you've named thus far are south and east.

What a load of crap. Hem China in for the purpose of what?
With ICBM's, submarines and so on, China hardly needs to break through any of those regions to "show force". Not to mention with a naval and air power that is still 30 years behind all those other nations, 50 years behind the US (these estimates include air tactics and refueling capability), there's no possible way of China going out even with occupation of any of those areas.

Bull ****, utter compelte bullshit. Name one single expansionist war China has ever launched. Name one brutal international war China has launched. If you want to refer to the mongolian conquerer Ganghas Kang, wow, surprise surprise, he was Mongolian.
You're concept of an expansionist China is just baseless rhetoric.
Oh and yes you will be able to live to call home as that blue passport will easily bring you home probably on a C-130 flying the red-white and blue.

china's expansionist policy towards tibet caused it to go to war with India....I'm sure that counts as aggression. As for brutal international war, yes , you are right, china has launched none.

I'll argue that China is expansionist in that it is attempting to expand its economic and social reach... but what country isn't (US included).

I agree that China is destined to become the next Superpower, unless i am mistaken China has the fastest growing economy in the world, i would like to ask the knowledgeable people of the forum a question:

1. What is Americas financial situation in comparison to China's?
2. How does this effect America and China and the relationship they would have as the worlds biggest superpowers?

Just chuck us a link where i might educate myself if you can't be bothered to answer.

Thanx.

nkgupta80 said:
china's expansionist policy towards tibet caused it to go to war with India....I'm sure that counts as aggression. As for brutal international war, yes , you are right, china has launched none.
]
When you speak of expansionist, seems almost you have two terms, one simply in terms of projected power, the other as absolute power. Which one are you refering to in tibet?

Mickyjaystoned said:
I agree that China is destined to become the next Superpower, unless i am mistaken China has the fastest growing economy in the world, i would like to ask the knowledgeable people of the forum a question:

1. What is Americas financial situation in comparison to China's?
2. How does this effect America and China and the relationship they would have as the worlds biggest superpowers?

Just chuck us a link where i might educate myself if you can't be bothered to answer.

Thanx.

1. China's financial situation is excellent; America's is so-so. China has a booming trade surplus; America has a huge deficit. China's middle-class is growing; America's is shrinking. Chinese education is getting better; American education is stagnating or getting worse. China does have some economic problems that the United States doesn't, but overall I would say that China's financial situation is much better than America's.

2. I think it means that our economies will continue to become more integrated. Unlike the adversarial relationship between the US and USSR, I think that both the United States and China will realize (actually they already have realized) that it's in both of their best interests to keep the economy of the other strong. I highly doubt that there will ever be another Cold War between the US and China.

1. China's financial situation is excellent; America's is so-so. China has a booming trade surplus; America has a huge deficit. China's middle-class is growing; America's is shrinking. Chinese education is getting better; American education is stagnating or getting worse. China does have some economic problems that the United States doesn't, but overall I would say that China's financial situation is much better than America's.

2. I think it means that our economies will continue to become more integrated. Unlike the adversarial relationship between the US and USSR, I think that both the United States and China will realize (actually they already have realized) that it's in both of their best interests to keep the economy of the other strong. I highly doubt that there will ever be another Cold War between the US and China.

Thankyou for that, it seems from your explanation that America is on her way down while China is on her way up.

What about the Oil situation and general energy consumption, isn't China a big customer of Iran, what will this partnership with Iran mean in terms of the current UN sanctions?

If as is expected Iran continues Nuclear production will Iran have the support of China in opposition to the west?

Or what if Israel is compelled to take military action against Iran, surely China can't just sit and watch.

Won't this become a dangerous state of affairs for America?

Mickyjaystoned said:
Thankyou for that, it seems from your explanation that America is on her way down while China is on her way up.
Not quite, China is riding a very dangerous economic wave. Anytime you have economic development far surpasing social development you're going to have a failure. ie, 1920's booming economy in the US vs the 1930's great depression. It's unlikely to occur with the instance of China in such a dramtic turn of events such as that of the GD, but nevertheless this wave will end. The US will eventually make another turn around but investors need to be more productive in thier investments as opposed to be riding something as virtual as the .com bubble.

Mickyjaystoned said:
What about the Oil situation and general energy consumption, isn't China a big customer of Iran, what will this partnership with Iran mean in terms of the current UN sanctions?
Fortunately Chinese do not live as lavishly as Americans, no such thing as a single house with a two car garage and living 40min~1hour driving distance away from work, the CHinese mostly rely upon mass transport since there this centralization of the populice along coastal cities.
As for the partnership with Iran, Iran really only has China today that has a voice loud enough to support Iran, however as of yesterday, both China and Russia both agreed to impose the proposed measures of the EU, GB, and the US. Iran really has no one else to turn to for support now that the nuke family is all against them.

Mickyjaystoned said:
If as is expected Iran continues Nuclear production will Iran have the support of China in opposition to the west?
Already a none-issue. China has sided with the Western Nations.

Mickyjaystoned said:
Or what if Israel is compelled to take military action against Iran, surely China can't just sit and watch.
I doubt that Israel will take such an act against Iran, especially now since the US is in Iraq and Afganistan. Both Eastern and Western fronts are covered, as well as the Persian Gul - Southern Front.

Mickyjaystoned said:
Won't this become a dangerous state of affairs for America?
When dealing with ppl who regard thier religion as the literal truth, yes any action is always Dangerous, however in this instance we're not dealing with fundamentalist individuals, or for that matter terrorists who are an ideology, Iran is a nation state. Unlikly they will not reason in the event they come to the facts that there is no support for them.

Yahoo has been accused of working with China's secret police. They helped gather evidence against chinese citi izens. two of who were inprisoned. Money hungry American companies are becoming an embarassment to America. Little things like concentration camps don't seem to bother them. They love the idea of no labor unions or minimum wage.

Back
Top Bottom