• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chills, aches, and feeling a little drunk...

I didn't test positive until after I got home. I thought it was just a cold so I didn't go in until I lost my smell, which was a couple days after returning.

Well, glad to hear you're feeling better!

I didn't test positive until after I got home. I thought it was just a cold so I didn't go in until I lost my smell, which was a couple days after returning.
do you think you were COVID positive while on the plane?

Almost exactly two years later, ROUND TWO begins!

Oddly enough, it started while we were on vacation again.

Sorry to hear that. How did you travel, did you fly?
Yeah, we flew. I didn't get positive results until after we landed and got home (just like last time!), but masked anyway (for the first time in over a year) because the symptoms were consistent.

No, no Pedialyte. We are actually on vacation in Hawaii, which is the worst part of this. If I have to quarantine, this is gonna be a super-expensive trip.

Thank you for the hydration tip and the well-wishing.
Some people will do anything to avoid ending their vacations...

Yeah, we flew. I didn't get positive results until after we landed and got home (just like last time!), but masked anyway (for the first time in over a year) because the symptoms were consistent.

They've always said that the drier air environment in aircraft dry out mucus membranes and make it easier to get sick. Plus the re-circulated air. Did you wear the mask on the plane, going or coming home? (Wasnt clear)

It's just generally an environment where everybody is a bit more (or a lot more) vulnerable. I used to get a basic cold when I flew to the east coast or back. Every single time, either going or coming home. 5-6 hr flight. Not for shorter ones like Vegas.

So I started taking that Airborne and other immune system boosters before flying and it seemed to work. I know they've said now that Airborne doesnt work...but it seemed to for me. And yes, hydrating helps keep those mucus membranes hydrated...saw his comments. (y)

Edit: are you home or still in HI?

They've always said that the drier air environment in aircraft dry out mucus membranes and make it easier to get sick. Plus the re-circulated air. Did you wear the mask on the plane, going or coming home? (Wasnt clear)
Only on the way back. I wasn't sick on the way there, although I had been experiencing odd symptoms for a week or so before departing -- headaches, light-headedness, and a queasy feeling were very common in the several days previous. I was honestly concerned I had a brain tumor or something. But I always think I'm dying. Bit of a hypochondriac. As I get older, it only gets worse.

Edit: are you home or still in HI?
We got home yesterday, and we were in Vegas this time. The triple-digit temps helped with the chills.

Only on the way back. I wasn't sick on the way there, although I had been experiencing odd symptoms for a week or so before departing -- headaches, light-headedness, and a queasy feeling were very common in the several days previous. I was honestly concerned I had a brain tumor or something. But I always think I'm dying. Bit of a hypochondriac. As I get older, it only gets worse.

We got home yesterday, and we were in Vegas this time. The triple-digit temps helped with the chills.

Ah. OK.I was super careful when I flew to HI, another 5+ hr flight because I wanted to dive and scuba when all clogged up is a no-go. But this was pre-covid.

Back
Top Bottom