• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chills, aches, and feeling a little drunk...

Grizzly Adams

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Uh oh...

Urgent care opens in 12.5 hours...

And yes, I'm vaxxed. Been so since April. Some people here like to confuse me with others who might be COVID deniers...

Uh oh...

And yes, I'm vaxxed. Been so since April. Some people here like to confuse me with others who might be COVID deniers...
Stay hydrated. Since all this started, I've kept several quarts of Pedialyte on hand. Do you have any? If not, keep drinking water.

Hope it's gone in the am but if not, at least you'll be going in for supporting treatment. Take care of yourself.

Stay hydrated. Since all this started, I've kept several quarts of Pedialyte on hand. Do you have any? If not, keep drinking water.

Hope it's gone in the am but if not, at least you'll be going in for supporting treatment. Take care of yourself.
No, no Pedialyte. We are actually on vacation in Hawaii, which is the worst part of this. If I have to quarantine, this is gonna be a super-expensive trip.

Thank you for the hydration tip and the well-wishing.

Uh oh...

Good luck!

Uh oh...

Sorry to hear this. I hope you are able to feel better soon.

I hope that you're feeling better soon.

Well seems like it was hopefully a transient thing. No more chills, and aches have largely subsided. I still have a headache, but it's not as bad as it was yesterday.

Thanks for the support!

Well seems like it was hopefully a transient thing. No more chills, and aches have largely subsided. I still have a headache, but it's not as bad as it was yesterday.

Thanks for the support!
That's good news. Here's to hoping it isn't anything more serious. 👍

Thanks for the support!
Whew! Glad that bullet was dodged.

COVID test scheduled. Apparently, the symptoms of a common cold are all subsumed within the symptoms for COVID. Somehow, I hadn't managed to know that. I looked around and found that out this morning when I opened a jar of Vapo-Rub and got nothing in the nose department.

I don't feel that bad, really. Just a worse-than-usual headache that's easily managed with Advil, and a stuffy nose. And the smell thing.

That sucks! Can you still taste and smell? Do you have room service?

I gotta say, vaxxed or not, this is why I still will not get on a plane. I used to get colds every time I flew back east to see my family...that 5-6 hr flight got me either coming or going. Then I started taking Airborne before flights and never got sick again.

They say it's been proven it doesnt work...but it seemed to for me. In any case, I wouldnt bet on it for covid.

I hope you dont continue to feel lousy and get to have some fun.

That sucks! Can you still taste and smell? Do you have room service?
I have lost all taste and smell. The smell loss was what convinced me to get tested.

I hope you dont continue to feel lousy and get to have some fun.
Thanks, I'll keep y'all posted.

Vitamin D, Zinc, Magnesium and metric ton of C worked to help get me through it. The z-pak and Ivermectin from the doc helped too.

Lost taste/smell for about 3 weeks but was feeling better in a few days.

Thoughts are with you!

Pretty sure I'm on the mend. Congestion isn't as bad as it was a few days ago. Still have a headache. Still a little difficult to concentrate on things. Sore throat's almost gone. The taste and smell thing is SO WIERD. I was taking a nap on the couch last night and was stirred a little by my wife coming down to make dinner. I woke up a little later and saw an open can of cream of chicken in the sink. I thought it was a little strange that she hadn't asked me if I wanted anything (though my appetite has been pretty low lately and I've been making my own meals and we've been eating separately so it wasn't impossible), and also strange that she would have eaten just a can of cream of chicken for dinner. About 20 minutes later she came back down, opened the oven, and took out the chicken that was cooking the whole time. I had no idea it was in there because I couldn't smell it. She assured me it smelled delicious.

People tell me the taste and smell comes back in 2-3 weeks. This is going to be agony.

Pretty sure I'm on the mend. Congestion isn't as bad as it was a few days ago. Still have a headache. Still a little difficult to concentrate on things. Sore throat's almost gone. The taste and smell thing is SO WIERD. I was taking a nap on the couch last night and was stirred a little by my wife coming down to make dinner. I woke up a little later and saw an open can of cream of chicken in the sink. I thought it was a little strange that she hadn't asked me if I wanted anything (though my appetite has been pretty low lately and I've been making my own meals and we've been eating separately so it wasn't impossible), and also strange that she would have eaten just a can of cream of chicken for dinner. About 20 minutes later she came back down, opened the oven, and took out the chicken that was cooking the whole time. I had no idea it was in there because I couldn't smell it. She assured me it smelled delicious.

People tell me the taste and smell comes back in 2-3 weeks. This is going to be agony.
Any taste at all? Your wife probably doesn't expect you to tell her how delicious the chicken tasted.

QUARANTINE IS ENDED!

It's been ten days since onset of symptoms, and not only have I been fever-free for 24 hours, I've never had a fever at all that I know of (possibly the first night with the chills and aches, but I didn't have a thermometer to check). Still just a touch of congestion, and I'm still clearing the crap out of my throat, but I feel pretty good. Taste and smell are creeping back, but still a long way off from fully functional. I'm eager to find something to do in the morning. I've left the house three times since Friday and each time was to get the mail. Cabin fever is real.

No, no Pedialyte. We are actually on vacation in Hawaii, which is the worst part of this.

During Desert Storm we drank that stuff like Kool Aid...

If I have to quarantine, this is gonna be a super-expensive trip.

It doesn't have to be.

Check with the Red Cross. Tell them that you have to quarantine but that you simply don't have the resources to do it. People have this idea that the Red Cross only helps after a fire or a flood.

Not so.

Good luck!

Three weeks after onset of symptoms. Taste has returned, smell has mostly returned. Both have returned to the extent that I can enjoy a tumbler of whiskey without feeling like it's going to waste.

Three weeks after onset of symptoms. Taste has returned, smell has mostly returned. Both have returned to the extent that I can enjoy a tumbler of whiskey without feeling like it's going to waste.

Good to hear! I know people who had Covid over a year ago and are still waiting for their senses to return.

Did you have to quarantine on your trip?

Good to hear.

My daughter in law lost her sense of taste and smell for near 6 months. For a girl who was a pastry chef at one point in her life and loves food it was torture.

Good to hear! I know people who had Covid over a year ago and are still waiting for their senses to return.

Did you have to quarantine on your trip?
I didn't test positive until after I got home. I thought it was just a cold so I didn't go in until I lost my smell, which was a couple days after returning.

Back
Top Bottom