• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Children's Suffrage

Voting is not a right, it's a privilege. It's a privilege that may or may not be granted.

A mother's influence is needed in the home. She can do little good by taking to the streets and neglecting her children. Let her teach her daughters that modesty, patience, and gentleness are the charms of a women. Let her teach her sons that an honest conscience is every man's first political law; to not take bribes, to not let fear allow him to surrender even the simplest rights of a free and independent citizen.

The mothers of this country can shape the destinies of the nation by attending to those duties. The influence of the mother in the home and the dignified influence of the teacher in the school will far outweigh all the influence of all the mannish female politicians on earth.

The men are able to run the government and take care of the women. Do women have to vote in order to receive the protection of man? Why, men have gone to war, endured every privation and death itself in defense of woman. To man, woman is the dearest creature on earth, and there is no extreme to which he would not go for his mother or sister, wife or daughter.

By keeping woman in her exalted position man can be induced to do more for her than he could by having her mix up in affairs that does cause him to lose respect and regard for her. Woman does not have to vote to secure her rights. Man will go to any extreme to protect and elevate her. As long as woman is woman and keeps her place she will get more protection and more consideration than man gets. When she abdicates her throne she throws down the scepter of her power and loses her influence.

Since women's sufferege was enacted, divorces have greatly increased, showing that it has been a home destroyer. Crime has also increased due to lack of the mothers in the home.

Woman is woman. She can not unsex herself or change her sphere. Let her be content with her lot and perform those high duties intended for her, and she will accomplish far more in governmental affairs that she can ever accomplish by mixing up in the dirty pool of politics. Keep the home pure and all will be well with the Republic. As it is now, the sanctity of the home is invaded by every little politician that may be running up and down the highway for office.
You'd make women victims all over again, Pete.

You're worse than any feminazi. Their fondest hope made real.

Victims of what?
Oppression. Or do you view slavery as empowering?

I resent guys like you, because you put me in the position of concurring with feminazis. We're not turning the clock back. **** all that. Not while I live. If you'd indulge some ahistorical wet dream, I suggest you relocate to some Sharia hellhole.

Voting is not a right, it's a privilege. It's a privilege that may or may not be granted.

A mother's influence is needed in the home. She can do little good by taking to the streets and neglecting her children. Let her teach her daughters that modesty, patience, and gentleness are the charms of a women. Let her teach her sons that an honest conscience is every man's first political law; to not take bribes, to not let fear allow him to surrender even the simplest rights of a free and independent citizen.

The mothers of this country can shape the destinies of the nation by attending to those duties. The influence of the mother in the home and the dignified influence of the teacher in the school will far outweigh all the influence of all the mannish female politicians on earth.

The men are able to run the government and take care of the women. Do women have to vote in order to receive the protection of man? Why, men have gone to war, endured every privation and death itself in defense of woman. To man, woman is the dearest creature on earth, and there is no extreme to which he would not go for his mother or sister, wife or daughter.

By keeping woman in her exalted position man can be induced to do more for her than he could by having her mix up in affairs that does cause him to lose respect and regard for her. Woman does not have to vote to secure her rights. Man will go to any extreme to protect and elevate her. As long as woman is woman and keeps her place she will get more protection and more consideration than man gets. When she abdicates her throne she throws down the scepter of her power and loses her influence.

Since women's sufferege was enacted, divorces have greatly increased, showing that it has been a home destroyer. Crime has also increased due to lack of the mothers in the home.

Woman is woman. She can not unsex herself or change her sphere. Let her be content with her lot and perform those high duties intended for her, and she will accomplish far more in governmental affairs that she can ever accomplish by mixing up in the dirty pool of politics. Keep the home pure and all will be well with the Republic. As it is now, the sanctity of the home is invaded by every little politician that may be running up and down the highway for office.

:lamo

This has got to be the most sexist thing I have read in a few years. Thanks for the laugh.

Seriously though bro, its 2013.

People of any age should be allowed to vote. There should only be one restriction...

1. you can't be accompanied in the voting both

The biggest argument against children voting is that they lack the information necessary to make an informed decision. ....

Children know what they want. They want Mommy and lollypops and Christmas. Grownups want cars and houses and eternal youth. I don't know that there is that much difference.

It's pretty much a sure thing that better decisions would be made for the country. That's what really counts. Women, children, novices, the unemployed, etc.... these people need to be TAKEN CARE OF.

If you need to be taken care of, you're in no position to be making decisions for society. Leave that to the people who do the caretaking.

I can assure you, sir, that I DO NOT need to be taken of. I raised my children alone when my husband left me in 1980. I got off welfare when my kids were teenagers and started the long trek to a degree and a graduate diploma, without help from anyone, without a car because I never learned to drive, walking 30 kms a week and travelling on a train for 15 hours a week to get to the university. NO ONE took care of me, I did it alone so don't be so bloody condescending to women.
In Australia it is compulsory to vote in all three levels of governement. If anyone DARED to take my vote away from me, they would be walking funny for a long time after I shoved a heap of ballot papers where the sun don't shine! It is my duty as a citizen to vote and I would vote even if it was not compulsory.

Children know what they want. They want Mommy and lollypops and Christmas. Grownups want cars and houses and eternal youth. I don't know that there is that much difference.
Unlike the adults, the kids aren't sad.

Only a complete ****ing moron thinks children should vote.

If you were on welfare, then you did need to be taken care of.

As for your physical threats, I'm not sure what you're trying to prove, but not very ladylike of you.

I can assure you, sir, that I DO NOT need to be taken of. I raised my children alone when my husband left me in 1980. I got off welfare when my kids were teenagers and started the long trek to a degree and a graduate diploma, without help from anyone, without a car because I never learned to drive, walking 30 kms a week and travelling on a train for 15 hours a week to get to the university. NO ONE took care of me, I did it alone so don't be so bloody condescending to women.
In Australia it is compulsory to vote in all three levels of governement. If anyone DARED to take my vote away from me, they would be walking funny for a long time after I shoved a heap of ballot papers where the sun don't shine! It is my duty as a citizen to vote and I would vote even if it was not compulsory.

Oppression. Or do you view slavery as empowering?

I resent guys like you, because you put me in the position of concurring with feminazis. We're not turning the clock back. **** all that. Not while I live. If you'd indulge some ahistorical wet dream, I suggest you relocate to some Sharia hellhole.

Go burn a bra in protest then.

People of any age should be allowed to
vote. There should only be one restriction...

1. you can't be accompanied in the voting both

The biggest argument against children voting is that they lack the information necessary to make an informed decision. When I was a little kid my mom made me go to church. I also had to frequently read the bible and pray. If kids had been allowed to vote back then...then she probably would have dragged me to the voting booth and tried to make me vote like her as well...fiscally liberal and socially conservative. Make some noise if you're fiscally liberal and socially conservative. I'm not...I'm the opposite...and I've been an atheist since the age of 11.

So if you want to argue that kids wouldn't have enough information...then you're arguing that parents don't have enough information. Therefore, you're arguing that parents should not be allowed to vote.

If you want to argue that kids don't understand the issues...then you're arguing that parents don't understand the issues. Therefore, you're arguing that parents should not be allowed to vote.

Kids shouldn't be allowed to vote because they don't pay taxes? Therefore adults that don't pay taxes shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Kids shouldn't be allowed to vote because they don't have enough life experience? Therefore, those of you who have never lived in a developing country should not be allowed to vote. Same thing with those of you who haven't experienced war first hand.

Therefore, either everybody votes or nobody votes. If there's value in allowing some people to vote...then we maximize value by allowing everybody to vote.

Another argument is that people with kids would have more influence than people without kids. So what? Then you're arguing that the 1% shouldn't be allowed to vote because they have more money (influence) than the 99%.

Voting is a numbers game. Kids, being in the minority, even in the unlikely situation that they all agreed on the same issue...would never have the numbers to win against adults. Not only would kids not have the numbers...but they wouldn't even have the dollars. So they would get trounced in any kid vs adult issue.

Clearly though, just because people vote for the "wrong" thing isn't any evidence that they shouldn't be allowed to vote. Otherwise women shouldn't be allowed to vote...given that they voted for prohibition.

The fact that so many of you believe that kids shouldn't be allowed to vote...is proof positive that kids should be allowed to vote.

Children already are allowed to vote but we call them " Democrats".

This is only the second thread that I've read the OP's posts. I have to say, that
he has to be one of the most thought provoking posters I've read on this board.

Well done.

Its you on a another account. under a different IP, isn't it ?

Cmon, you can tell me. Your'e the same poster that posted the ridiculous children voting nonsense aren't you ?

You should be proud. Good for you! :thumbs:

one job = one vote
two jobs = two votes
no job = no votes

the only exception being if you are retired from a job, you get to vote.

one job = one vote
two jobs = two votes
no job = no votes

the only exception being if you are retired from a job, you get to vote.

You measure someone's worth by how many jobs they have, not the actual work they do?

Also....no. Votes shouldn't be based on if you have a job at all.

18 years of age and U.S Citizen are the only requirements needed, and it should and probably will stay that way.

Last edited:
You measure someone's worth by how many jobs they have, not the actual work they do?

Also....no.

if you don't work...you don't vote

Thanks for rewording your post. I totally agree with you now and have seen the light, :roll:

sorry that it hurts your feelings that I believe that those who don't contribute to society (or even their own upkeep) shouldn't be able to determine the course of society.

sorry that it hurts your feelings that I believe that those who don't contribute to society (or even their own upkeep) shouldn't be able to determine the course of society.

Yes, because if someone doesn't have a job it is always 100% of the time their fault and they are just lazy and don't want to contribute to society...normal conservative stuff.

You're conservative preconceived notions about unemployed people are wrong. I used to live in a county where unemployment was over 20% during the end of my time there. I just looked it up and now that number is 15.5%, which is still huge. I did a lot of stuff in the community there, and I would say that the vast majority of those people were victims of an economic situation that was in no way their fault. They wanted to work, but couldn't.

Should those people be denied a vote? I don't think so.

I'm pretty sure this should link you to the right county:
https://www.google.com/publicdata/e...060600&ifdim=country&hl=en_US&dl=en&ind=false

Just for laughs, here is a comparison between the liberal stronghold of San Francisco(which is a city and county), and the county I used to live in which was WAY, WAY more conservative than SF, and the state as a whole:
https://www.google.com/publicdata/e...060000&ifdim=country&hl=en_US&dl=en&ind=false

Last edited:
The fact that so many of you believe that kids shouldn't be allowed to vote...is proof positive that kids should be allowed to vote.

FdUp.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen....the opening bell shall now be rung by President of the United States......Dora the Explorer.

Go burn a bra in protest then.
I have something with a little more finality in mind. Not that you'll appreciate it right now, but history will record that you stood in the way.

Wouldn't wanna be you when the not so fair sex finds out. :lol:

No children voting. That's absurd since they lack adult judgment. But if them kill someone we can send them to prison for life or execute them. That makes sense.

Hell man. Many adults lack adult judgement.

Back
Top Bottom