• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Children don't deserve homosexual parents

ethanhulse

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Children have always been one of the most important parts of the worlds society. Children often unintentionally teach lifelong lessons to those who need them the most. Children have always been the next great thing in the progression of our world. The new generation that we must nurture to achieve great possibilities. But the lives of our children are at risk, a child's life is based off of a familial structure. A real family consists of a mother and a father, joined happily in marriage. The children are arguably the most important part of family. But the idea of family has been diluted by society, the prospect of homosexuality has destroyed the family. Studies show that children adopted into homosexual parentage have much higher risk factors when it comes to mental and social disorders such as depression, bipolar disorder, PTSD, and speech difficulty. Children are so important to the future of our planet, therefore they do not deserve discordant gay parents. Because those parents can never give the child a real life, a good life, a life where they have the loving care of a mother, and a strong willed, proud father at the same time. In a homosexual relationship, the child will never be able to experience what a child needs to grow and become stronger. I am not against homosexual marriage, but I am and always will be against homosexual adoption, because I believe in doing what is best for the future generation of our planet.

Children have always been one of the most important parts of the worlds society. Children often unintentionally teach lifelong lessons to those who need them the most. Children have always been the next great thing in the progression of our world. The new generation that we must nurture to achieve great possibilities. But the lives of our children are at risk, a child's life is based off of a familial structure. A real family consists of a mother and a father, joined happily in marriage. The children are arguably the most important part of family. But the idea of family has been diluted by society, the prospect of homosexuality has destroyed the family. Studies show that children adopted into homosexual parentage have much higher risk factors when it comes to mental and social disorders such as depression, bipolar disorder, PTSD, and speech difficulty. Children are so important to the future of our planet, therefore they do not deserve discordant gay parents. Because those parents can never give the child a real life, a good life, a life where they have the loving care of a mother, and a strong willed, proud father at the same time. In a homosexual relationship, the child will never be able to experience what a child needs to grow and become stronger. I am not against homosexual marriage, but I am and always will be against homosexual adoption, because I believe in doing what is best for the future generation of our planet.

Do you have any of those studies you mention handy?

OP is simply putting into words what the anti LGBT folks actually believe.

As someone who is a fairly strong advocate for the traditional structure of the family, I would point out here that your logic is broken, because you are failing to accurately depict the alternatives. The option for a child being adopted by homosexual parents isn't return to a married biological mother/father pair, but the state, and, perhaps, a parade of foster homes that deny permanence.

Thank you for pointing this out to me, I will attempt to clarify anything else that you might not understand logically or otherwise.

Adopted children thrive in same-sex households, study shows

New research shows that children adopted into lesbian and gay families are as well-adjusted as children adopted by heterosexual parents, and follow similar patterns of gender development, said Charlotte J. Patterson, PhD, a psychology professor at the University of Virginia.
Patterson discussed the results of a study in press in Applied Developmental Science at an APA Annual Convention symposium on same-sex marriage.
Patterson and co-authors Rachel H. Farr, a psychology doctoral student at UVA, and Stephen L. Forssell, PhD, of George Washington University, studied 106 families — including 56 same-sex couples and 50 heterosexual couples — who adopted children at birth or in the first few weeks of life.
In the study, parents assessed their own parenting styles and relationship satisfaction. They also filled out the Preschoolers’ Activities Inventory, which assesses whether gender role behavior conforms to expected patterns or not, and the Child Behavior Checklist. Teachers and day-care providers were asked to complete the Caregiver-Teacher Report Form, which assesses a child’s somatic complaints, anxiety, depression and withdrawn behaviors.
By looking at parents’ self-reports and reports of others, the researchers found that the children of gays and lesbians were virtually indistinguishable from children of heterosexual parents.
Patterson and her co-authors point out that while numerous studies have documented patterns of healthy development among children born to lesbian and gay parents, very little research about adoptive gay and lesbian families has been reported. With an estimated 100,000 children waiting to be adopted in the United States as of 2008, the research indicates that policies in states that forbid gay and lesbian couples from adopting need to be re-examined, Patterson said.

Question?

Since you obviously are living in the late fifties...how are you able to transport this message to us in 2016?

Oh...can you do me a big favor and put a bet on Syracuse winning the 1959 NCAA Football National Title for me? Say $50 bucks? Yes...they are going to win it so I would put a few dollars on them if I were you.

After they win, just let me know and I will tell you which one of my parents I want you to give it to.

Thanks very much.

Last edited:
Yeah. We should just leave those children in those ****ty foster homes, where they'll live terrible lives. That would be WAY better than giving them parents who'd actually care and love them.

How many homosexual families do you know well?
The ones I know have strong families, well adjusted, successful kids, you know, the opposite of destroying families....whatever that means.

What's the divorce rate for hetero these days? Deadbeat hetero dads? I think people do a fine job of destroy families regardless of sexual orientation (that's a fact).

:popcorn2:

This should get entertaining... and quickly.

"A new study called the Australian Study of Child Health in Same Sex Families (ACHESS), the largest of its kind, has confirmed what years of research on same-sex parenting has been finding: children of same-sex couples are just the same as children with heterosexual parents, and in fact possibly healthier and happier than their counterparts." Study shows children raised by same-sex parents thrive | GLAAD

Here is the study: http://www.achess.org.au/7801.html

:2wave:

I am tired debating folks like you because of how poorly you research your position before you open your mouth. Studies of single mothers are not indicative of "gay parenting" just because a father is not in the picture. Studies of broken homes resulting from a parent coming out as gay later in life is also not indicative of all parents who happen to be gay.

Yes. It's a real confidence-builder, isn't it?

So if gay = discordant then straight = concordant.

Well we all know that's a pile of ****.

Yep. It's despicable how the left is using children as pawns in its game.

Back
Top Bottom