• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Children, Coyotes & Over-supervision

They are fantastic as attack dogs. If you don't mind the attempted murder charge by all means acquire a Golden-doodle.

Hah! I never would have guessed that!

The Goldies I'm familiar with, and there's been many, have been among the friendliest, calmest, mellowest dogs I've know.

However I must admit, despite some public stereotypes, Poodles indeed can be surprisingly ferocious!

True enough - if you don't care about your pets, who cares how or when they die?

We all die, and there's nothing we can do to stop that. Our parents die. Does it matter if they're beaten to death while healthy, happy, living a good life, versus die of old age? If we don't witness the beating, I'd say no! Why do we even bother arresting murderers? So they speed the inevitable death ahead by a few months, years, decades - who should care? Dead is dead, amirite? Great points you're making!
A coyote eating a prey animal is not murder.

A coyote eating a prey animal is not murder.
Hey Siri, use non-sequitur in a sentence!

So what? You're suggesting a coyote attacking and killing a beloved pet that you've labeled a "prey animal" above is no big deal. What difference does it make that coyotes, being animals, are not prosecutable for "murder."

It's also not "murder" if I walk into your house and shoot all your pets that you say you have in the head. And, if you're not home, what's the big deal? You should thank me for saving you the heartache of putting your dogs down when they get old and sick!!

We had a golden retriever and several labs (growing up) and the lab tail is far more lethal!

Lab tails should be registered as a lethal weapon!

I've seen them totally beverages left on a cocktail table during gatherings!

Hey Siri, use non-sequitur in a sentence!

So what? You're suggesting a coyote attacking and killing a beloved pet that you've labeled a "prey animal" above is no big deal. What difference does it make that coyotes, being animals, are not prosecutable for "murder."

It's also not "murder" if I walk into your house and shoot all your pets that you say you have in the head. And, if you're not home, what's the big deal? You should thank me for saving you the heartache of putting your dogs down when they get old and sick!!
First, I don't see pets as prey animals, coyotes most certainly do.

Second, it's not murder, but you'd go to jail if you did that.

First, I don't see pets as prey animals, coyotes most certainly do.

Second, it's not murder, but you'd go to jail if you did that.
I'm somewhat bored, but this isn't even good trolling so I'll quit here. 🥴

Lab tails should be registered as a lethal weapon!

I've seen them totally beverages left on a cocktail table during gatherings!
LOL, yes, we/my parents had three labs over the years, and that was just part of life! And of course we couldn't and didn't blame the dog - generally it was one of us, or a guest, engaging/petting the dog when her rear end was near this particular 'coffee table' in the den, and she'd.....wag her tail, like they do. Then the drinks/food/decorations go flying! We'd just go get the mop and broom.... Another day of owning a lab. 🤪

LOL, yes, we/my parents had three labs over the years, and that was just part of life! And of course we couldn't and didn't blame the dog - generally it was one of us, or a guest, engaging/petting the dog when her rear end was near this particular 'coffee table' in the den, and she'd.....wag her tail, like they do. Then the drinks/food/decorations go flying! We'd just go get the mop and broom.... Another day of owning a lab. 🤪

Oops - when formatting my post, I typo'd and missed putting "decimate" (beverages) in there. Nice job reading through it!

During high school, and in the years after, my neighborhood crowd often had dogs around at our gatherings and parties. I'll never forget how quickly a lab could wipe-out a coffee table's items in one quick sweep of the tail! And often, they don't stop with one sweep! The stay put, and continue sweeping back & forth, happy for the excitement! Of course the guests are unaware of the tendency, so the table is just loaded!

Hah! I never would have guessed that!

The Goldies I'm familiar with, and there's been many, have been among the friendliest, calmest, mellowest dogs I've know.

However I must admit, despite some public stereotypes, Poodles indeed can be surprisingly ferocious!
They hit hard with their tails.

Back
Top Bottom