• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Child Predators on the internet

Constance

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
"Police believe they have found the body of Jamie Rose Bolin, 10, in the apartment of Kevin Ray Underwood.
Underwood is now behind bars, suspected of kidnapping and killing Bolin, whom officers said he met on the Internet."
http://www.nbc5i.com/news/8692236/detail.html

This outrages me. Parents need to keep a "hawk's eye" on thier children's activities on internet. Research the best software to block/monitor thier every move. Have the computer in an area where they aren't alone. Have only set times. Lock the computer down. I know there are devices that block internet access after a certain hour. Please, people. Take this seriously. It scares me to death that I have a 13 yr old step-daughter that lives 2 states away and I can't be there. My husband has talked to her about her internet habits but it's still scary when you don't have control. But, really, can we have control? Kids are going to find ways. We also need to talk to our kids. And tell them the dangers. As a teacher, I discovered that one of my students had an "online" boyfriend that was 7 years older and they had apparently been 'dating' since she was 12! She was then 14. I called her parents. I talked to her. SHe was planning on moving in with him after graduation. The parents were grateful. The student said he was nice and would never do anything like that. I don't know what came of in since but at least I did what I could. Please don't hesitate taking action and making parents aware if you see any activity like this. THe only power we have is awareness, knowledge and education.
I pray for the child's (in the story I linked to) family and I pray that the monster who did this gets what he deserves! I pray that justice is swift and fair. Personally, I'd vote for the death penalty.

Back
Top Bottom