• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Child COVID Deaths in Florida Double

Geoist

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
It’s a pointless criticism because the FDA hasn’t authorized any of the vaccines for children under 12 even on an emergency basis.

It’s a pointless criticism because the FDA hasn’t authorized any of the vaccines for children under 12 even on an emergency basis.
Not pointless when you have a governor doing everything in his power to keep the kids from being safe in schools. Until we get an approved vaccine for 5 and up, masks and vaccines should be mandatory in all schools with no exceptions. If I lived in Florida, my child would not be going to public school.

Right, because there are no other measures that can be taken to protect children and their families. :rolleyes:
Not really. The hubris of humanity in thinking it can completely immunize itself against natural selection is astonishing.

Not really. The hubris of humanity in thinking it can completely immunize itself against natural selection is astonishing.

Who said anything about complete immunity? Humanity can impact the spread of a virus because viruses depend on human social interaction to spread, reproduce, and evolve. Just taking the nihilistic approach, like some of you want to do, would just overload hospitals leading to overburdened healthcare system and unnecessary deaths.

Who said anything about complete immunity? Humanity can impact the spread of a virus because viruses depend on human social interaction to spread, reproduce, and evolve. Just taking the nihilistic approach, like some of you want to do, would just overload hospitals leading to overburdened healthcare system and unnecessary deaths.
Nature is weeding out the weak links in our species and there’s nothing more we can do about it. That’s just the reality.

Ivermectin and COVID-19: What's the deal with this controversial, unproven  drug? - CNET

To wit:

weekly Covid-19 reports from the Florida Department of Health shows that 10 children under the age of 16 died from Covid-19 from July 30 to present as the Delta variant — which is much more transmissible — became the dominant strain​

Experts fear the only remedy may be to indefinitely suspend Florida's 21.5 million citizens' right to work, travel, socialize, and offer medical consent.

In other news, a bad day in Chicago this past Sunday killed twice as many children as died from COVID in Florida in the past 2 months.

Nature is weeding out the weak links in our species and there’s nothing more we can do about it. That’s just the reality.
My elementary school started back in August with no masks. Within four days, classes were quarantining because of covid infections. Finally, every grade was sent home for two weeks except the kindies. We came back on September 7, masks required for every person in the building. So far, no infections.

So, based on my experience in a school with 400 children, there is something we can do about it. It's called "wear a mask".

My elementary school started back in August with no masks. Within four days, classes were quarantining because of covid infections. Finally, every grade was sent home for two weeks except the kindies. We came back on September 7, masks required for every person in the building. So far, no infections.

So, based on my experience in a school with 400 children, there is something we can do about it. It's called "wear a mask".
The surgical masks aren’t going to cut it.

Natural immunity is much more effective than a vaccine. Illegally forcing medical treatment is horseshit and shows todays liberals are nothing more than marxist totalitarian tools.

Get the vaccine if you want it. I did. But you can still get covid, you can still spread covid. So why dont we already have herd immunity? It should have happened already.

The left are nothing more than idiots.

Natural immunity is much more effective than a vaccine. Illegally forcing medical treatment is horseshit and shows todays liberals are nothing more than marxist totalitarian tools.

Get the vaccine if you want it. I did. But you can still get covid, you can still spread covid. So why dont we already have herd immunity? It should have happened already.

Welcome "new member". :ROFLMAO:

Not sure what that means. It reminds me of the argument “if God wanted us to fly, he would’ve given us wings“ when airplanes first came out.

We have effective vaccines against all sorts of infections diseases now. That’s the difference between modern medicine and medieval times.

In that case, get rid of all vaccinations. Let's really go after those weak links.

To wit:

weekly Covid-19 reports from the Florida Department of Health shows that 10 children under the age of 16 died from Covid-19 from July 30 to present as the Delta variant — which is much more transmissible — became the dominant strain​

Experts fear the only remedy may be to indefinitely suspend Florida's 21.5 million citizens' right to work, travel, socialize, and offer medical consent.

In other news, a bad day in Chicago this past Sunday killed twice as many children as died from COVID in Florida in the past 2 months.
20 children were killed?

clueless

To wit:

You're probably against gun control and social investments that would likely help "Chicago!"

Hey, I guess you are right!

did_my_own_research_2.jpg

Can't help but think of those 'Let Our Children Smile' signs. How many of those children dying in their hospital beds were smiling?

17 deaths aye?

Hmmm.....let's see.....

17 x 39.5 / 21.5 = 31.2 Hey! That's two less than the number of children who have died of Covid in CA, where public schools were closed for in-person learning for almost the entire 2020/21 school year, and where the weather is much milder during the summer so kids almost certainly spend a lot less time inside in the airconditioning.

What was the point of this thread again?

The law of small numbers is a statistical quirk that is vitally important in the understanding and interpretation of health data. In brief, it points out that when a sample size is small, small random changes have a large apparent effect on the analysis of the data.

17 deaths aye?

Hmmm.....let's see.....

17 x 39.5 / 21.5 = 31.2 Hey! That's two less than the number of children who have died of Covid in CA, where public schools were closed for in-person learning for almost the entire 2020/21 school year, and where the weather is much milder during the summer so kids almost certainly spend a lot less time inside in the airconditioning.

Keep believing no rules, no masks, no vaccines are working. 95% of covid deaths right now are from the unvaccinated. Pure idiocy.

Back
Top Bottom