• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chief justice of California Supreme Court quits GOP over Kavanaugh confirmation

Right, but she will have to go through some sort of re-election process down the road. I was responding to a comment that she did this to improve her re-election chances.

party affiliations are not listed on ballots for state supreme court justices far as I can remember

Chief justice of California Supreme Court quits GOP over Kavanaugh confirmation

6cda91b9-e8de-4780-9a7e-4f5832a7f91e-AP18340071709981.jpg

California Supreme Court Chief Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye.

Kudos to Chief Justice Cantil-Sakauye for being faithful to her mores and true to herself.

Oh, that's rich. Ground zero for due process which Kavenaugh was denied. I'm afraid I'm fresh out of ****s to care what a California lawyer thinks, let alone one on the 9th Circus. She probably was getting heat from her democrat pals... "Nice career you have here Tani. Hate to see something happen to it."

lol (laugh out loud) the person who said hillary would win by a landslide is callin other people wrong? lol (laugh out loud) thats priceless

Do you get paid by the word?

Or does "LOL" also mean "Lapdog of Leaders" to you?

Do you get paid by the word?

Or does "LOL" also mean "Lapdog of Leaders" to you?

LOL (LAUGH OUT LOUD) was that your idea of an "insult"? did you learn that from your hillary handbook???? too funny. you alt left radicals are gettin more and more hilarious

LOL (LAUGH OUT LOUD) was that your idea of an "insult"? did you learn that from your hillary handbook???? too funny. you alt left radicals are gettin more and more hilarious

Not at all. Just reaffirming your follower status.

In case you forgot.

Lulz. She's still the CJ at the CA Supreme Court.

Your rabid jealousy of her success is almost palpable.

That's what is so funny about the trumpster's silly response. She has only left the GOP. She is STILL a Justice of the California Supreme Court.

And given her gutsy decision, she might be considered to the US Supreme Court by a democrat president or a more sensible republican president (unlike the current one who is an absolute douchebag).

Not at all. Just reaffirming your follower status.

In case you forgot.

lol (laugh out loud) we could learn from you how you follow hillary even after she lost two times (three times if ya count the electoral college vote after the election).

yet you still create threads and post hillary-sympathizing posts.

hillary apologists quit the gop a long time ago. they also quit WINNING lol (laugh out loud)

Speaking of WINNING - tell me again how many House democrats won in the mid-terms? And in 2020, the Democrats will win back the Senate AND the presidency. And Pence will be remembered as the douche who pardoned crooked trump.

Speaking of WINNING - tell me again how many House democrats won in the mid-terms? And in 2020, the Democrats will win back the Senate AND the presidency. And Pence will be remembered as the douche who pardoned crooked trump.

lol (laugh out loud) the democrats and hillary robots lost the senate, lost the presidency, and are squirming to pretend everything is a "win" for them.

its like watchin a fish out of water.

you have until 2024 to figure out who to run for president though.

Oh, that's rich. Ground zero for due process which Kavenaugh was denied. I'm afraid I'm fresh out of ****s to care what a California lawyer thinks, let alone one on the 9th Circus. She probably was getting heat from her democrat pals... "Nice career you have here Tani. Hate to see something happen to it."

The only people who didn't want a proper investigation into Dr Ford's allegations were trump, the republicans and Kavanaugh. When the Democrats take over the House next month, they COULD and SHOULD re-open the investigation into Kavanaugh's alleged sexual assaults.

lol (laugh out loud) the democrats and hillary robots lost the senate, lost the presidency, and are squirming to pretend everything is a "win" for them.

its like watchin a fish out of water.

you have until 2024 to figure out who to run for president though.

Enjoying the Michael Cohen interview today with George Stephanopolous. No longer willing to take a bullet for the orange ***** grabber. trump will be tweeting about what a lousy lawyer Cohen was. Took him 10 years to discover that???? He only hires the best people remember?

What an effing idiot.

lol (laugh out loud) we could learn from you how you follow hillary even after she lost two times (three times if ya count the electoral college vote after the election).

yet you still create threads and post hillary-sympathizing posts.

Where exactly did you get the idea that I'm a Hillary supporter.

I don't do leaders, remember?

Of course you don't.

You are a follower, it is inconceivable to you that someone isn't a leader or follower.

Perhaps if I UseD RAndoM CapiTaLS.

Better?

That's what is so funny about the trumpster's silly response. She has only left the GOP. She is STILL a Justice of the California Supreme Court.

And given her gutsy decision, she might be considered to the US Supreme Court by a democrat president or a more sensible republican president (unlike the current one who is an absolute douchebag).

She is still the chief justice. ;)

Definite case of premature ejaculation by the misogynist Trumpsters in this thread who were giddy over the thought of her being out of a job.

The only people who didn't want a proper investigation into Dr Ford's allegations were trump, the republicans and Kavanaugh. When the Democrats take over the House next month, they COULD and SHOULD re-open the investigation into Kavanaugh's alleged sexual assaults.

Dont you believe in evidence, witnesses, corroboration? Or just blind accusations from any Jane Doe who walks in off the street.

successful? i thought this woman just quit her job?? LOL (LAUGH OUT LOUD)

oh man you alt left marxists walked right into that one. almost like hillary walks into....wait...i forgot...she cant walk without the help of her staff LOL (LAUGH OUT LOUD)

You don't seem to be able to read. She left the GOP and became 'independent'.

party affiliations are not listed on ballots for state supreme court justices far as I can remember

Interesting. Makes me wonder how things would be affected if party affiliations weren’t listed in the ballots for ANY political office.

I heard there are job openings at Walmart. What a stupid bitch. Kavanaugh had nothing to do with her. Good riddance if you ask me.
Wow, a lot of repressed mysogynistic anger here. What’s wrong, no strong male role model when you were a kid?

It's not like it's an elected position , but rather an appointed one.
I just googled the process. It’s actually both. CA justices are nominated by the governor, but have to be re-elected every 12 years. Cantil-Sakauye is up for re-election in 2022.

"Due Process" is a process for legal courts, but not in the court of public opinion, that is based on persuasion, and there, Kavanaugh failed miserably.

Though I concur on the douche part, methinks Mueller has a contingency plan to prevent a Trump pardon, or one would hope. I think it will be something like Pence being forced to step down, as well, owing to his complicity during the Transition phase, helping Flynn in the prevarication department, and so forth.

No one really knows. But, thinking about it, .... hmmmmm, President Pelosi?

I remember when people were kidding and using 'President Ford?' with the question mark, joking about it, little did they know it was to actually happen.

Ya never know.

I don't know if I'm all for a Pelosi presidency but it would be sweet ironic revenge for repubs giving us Trump.

Back
Top Bottom