• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chicagoland: First lady campaigned at polling place?

Soccer's doing a good job, but I figured I'd throw in a clip of my own:

Emphasis mine.

Ah, the Wall Street Journal, that bastion of liberal brain-rot. :lol:

It's always hilarious to see the hyper-partisan jokes around here flinging their own poo at the people they hate so blindly.

If see continued the conversation and took it over i would say she is also guilty.

LA Times are liberal rag that would never speak against Obama?
MG_119.gif

By saying to vote initiated political speech.

Don't worry it is Chicago. Daley will make sure nothing happens to her highness the first Lady.

How about the WSJ? Go ahead, tell me how the WSJ is totally in the tank for Obama. :lol:

If see continued the conversation and took it over i would say she is also guilty.

So, despite the fact that a publication which is not typically associated with her cheering section and an assortment of other experts say she didn't do anything wrong, you're so ready to believe she broke the law that you totally blind yourself to reality?

Oh, about the last time the truth mattered to the freakishly partisan hacks around here who bought the first interpretation they could find that the First Lady did a bad thing. :lol:

I would say the same about Chicago politics which is where this happened. Nothing will come of this in Chicago where they vote and vote often. Even the dead are encouraged to vote there.

So, despite the fact that a publication which is not typically associated with her cheering section and an assortment of other experts say she didn't do anything wrong, you're so ready to believe she broke the law that you totally blind yourself to reality?

I am saying it is Chicago and it does not matter there she is an Obama and a democrat so nothing will happen but justification for her actions.

I am saying it is Chicago and it does not matter there she is an Obama and a democrat so nothing will happen but justification for her actions.

Right, and I'm saying that a reputable source of information which is not in bed with the President is clearly stating she did nothing wrong.

Please explain to me why you are ignoring that? Do you want to be regarded as little more than a hyper-partisan joke?

Right, and I'm saying that a reputable source of information which is not in bed with the President is clearly stating she did nothing wrong.

Please explain to me why you are ignoring that? Do you want to be regarded as little more than a hyper-partisan joke?

What I see is Chicago politics defending their own

So they quote a Chicago newspaper and that means they agree?

You aren't reading the WSJ article.

Read the WSJ article.

I highly recommend reading the WSJ article.

Reading the WSJ article may prove beneficial for you.

All the cool kids are reading the WSJ article.

How many freaking ways do I have to say it, huh? :lol:

You aren't reading the WSJ article.

Read the WSJ article.

I highly recommend reading the WSJ article.

Reading the WSJ article may prove beneficial for you.

All the cool kids are reading the WSJ article.

How many freaking ways do I have to say it, huh? :lol:

As I said thet use a chicago newspaper report.

Michelle Obama and Illinois Election Law - Washington Wire - WSJ

The question arose after the first lady, who voted early at her Chicago precinct Thursday, responded to voters who voiced support for her husband. It’s unlawful in the state to have a “political discussion” or engage in “electioneering” within 100 feet of a polling place.

A pool report by Chicago Sun-Times reporter Abdon Pallasch said Obama had a photo taken with electrician Dennis Campbell, 56 years old. It quoted Campbell as saying, “She was telling me how important it was to vote to keep her husband’s agenda going.”

Honestly, who really cares? Even if she did do something wrong, the fact that it was so tiny, speaks more to it being a simple mistake. She has the money, power, fame and contacts to go nutz campaigning for her husband's agenda. Why she would ignore that and go after a small group of people is ridiculous.

I don't like her. I think she's too much of a Marie Antoinette for this time, but this story is just silly.

You stopped reading there because it doesn't fit your hackery:

“Usually we picture electioneering as somebody with a sign, a concerted effort to convince voters,” said Richard Hasen, a professor at Loyola Law School, Los Angeles. “It’s hard to imagine that a casual comment like that would be taken seriously as a violation of the law.”

Deanna Mool, who practices election law in Springfield, Ill., said the statute is intended to protect voters from being pressured at the ballot box. She said she hadn’t heard of anyone being prosecuted for violating the statute. Instead, poll workers generally ask violators to stop or move their activities 100 feet outside the polling station.

While electioneering is usually understood as involving signs or pamphlets, “political discussion” doesn’t seem to have a legal definition, Mool said.

Oh well, feel free to continue making a complete ass out of yourself. :lol:

Michelle Obama and Illinois Election Law - Washington Wire - WSJ

The question arose after the first lady, who voted early at her Chicago precinct Thursday, responded to voters who voiced support for her husband. It’s unlawful in the state to have a “political discussion” or engage in “electioneering” within 100 feet of a polling place.

A pool report by Chicago Sun-Times reporter Abdon Pallasch said Obama had a photo taken with electrician Dennis Campbell, 56 years old. It quoted Campbell as saying, “She was telling me how important it was to vote to keep her husband’s agenda going.”

And the Fox News source said that officials say she didn't. You are just so hung up on her being guilty of something you are ignoring the fact she didn't do anything wrong.

Honestly, who really cares? Even if she did do something wrong, the fact that it was so tiny, speaks more to it being a simple mistake. She has the money, power, fame and contacts to go nutz campaigning for her husband's agenda. Why she would ignore that and go after a small group of people is ridiculous.

I don't like her. I think she's too much of a Marie Antoinette for this time, but this story is just silly.

The fact is if she did something wrong in Chicago she will be given a pass just like here. Facts do not matter it was such a small thing. So I guess election laws are a small matter and it is OK for the white house that is to be an example to the nation to bend them.

You stopped reading there because it doesn't fit your hackery:

Oh well, feel free to continue making a complete ass out of yourself. :lol:

No it is a lawyer in IL. That would make it another IL political person. IL and Chicago will never go against the Obama's that come from there

I think it's hilarious that you of all people are accusing others of not caring about the truth, when you've clearly demonstrated that the only truth you're interested in is the kind that fits your agenda.

And the Fox News source said that officials say she didn't. You are just so hung up on her being guilty of something you are ignoring the fact she didn't do anything wrong.

Chicago Officials? They are so credible. They even let the dead vote.

I think it's hilarious that you of all people are accusing others of not caring about the truth, when you've clearly demonstrated that the only truth you're interested in is the kind that fits your agenda.

That is different from you and Obama and the liberal press how?

Do you have any evidence that any of these people are actually lying that you could present to the rest of the class, or is your whole argument, "Well, they're from Chicago, so they must be lying!"

The fact is if she did something wrong in Chicago she will be given a pass just like here. Facts do not matter it was such a small thing. So I guess election laws are a small matter and it is OK for the white house that is to be an example to the nation to bend them.

Works for me! :nails

It's better than going on a witch hunt.

That is different from you and Obama and the liberal press how?

I generally don't defend Obama or the liberal press. I'm not a left-wing cheerleader. As for me, I've demonstrated during my time here that I'm willing to consider other points of view and that I'm capable of admitting that I'm wrong.

By all means, continue making yourself look silly.

And you are just hung up because you want the First Lady to be guilty of something. Face it she didn't do anything wrong. The fact that you think if she was talking to some one about politics when they approached her and continued the conversation just goes to show you want her to be guilty of something.

The fact that you think if she was talking to some one about politics when they approached her and continued the conversation just goes to show you want her to be guilty of something.

"Show me the man and I'll find you the crime.”
Lavrentiy Beria

Isn't it hilarious when the hyper-partisan right-wingers end up just as Communist as they accuse the hyper-partisan left-wingers of being? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom