• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chicago To Become A Military Compound

When it comes to murderous thugs, rapists, etc...there is a simple solution. Build more prisons. Pay what it costs. the alternative is to release them back into society...and why would you want to do that to those communities???

The education component with the goal of MAYBE possibly being able to compete for some rapidly diminishing high end jobs...thats just a completely thoughtless 'solution'.

arm more good people. don't need more prisons but merely ME's and Morgues

arm more good people. don't need more prisons but merely ME's and Morgues

There are more than a few filling morgues already in Chicago. It is a city screwed. Their governor stands opposed to armed lawful citizens and their mayor and elected representatives are too gutless to blame those responsible for the deaths. At the end of the day...let em bleed.

If the UN gets sent in I can promise you they will be shot to pieces in weeks by gangsters and patriots alike.

If the National Guard does, it would give every single libertarian in the country very considerable confirmation of their beliefs, and would not be surprising in the slightest.

I used to commute from the northern suburbs to the southwestern ones, and every Friday on the way back I would always see a single military truck being taken south on a flatbed as I passed Chicago proper... This happened for months, just one truck every Friday. You really gotta wonder what that's about.

Last edited:
By Tracy Connor, Staff Writer, NBC News
The onslaught of gun crime in Chicago has spurred members of Congress to convene a summit on urban violence and prompted a state lawmaker to demand the National Guard be called in to stop the “mayhem.”

So ONE state lawmaker is asking for the national guard to come in, and your headline reads: "Chicago to become a military compound."

Seems legit.

:lamo

I'm pretty sure a couple of politicians tried this **** a few years ago and they got put down on NPR, of all places.

By Tracy Connor, Staff Writer, NBC News
The onslaught of gun crime in Chicago has spurred members of Congress to convene a summit on urban violence and prompted a state lawmaker to demand the National Guard be called in to stop the “mayhem.”
Rep. Booby Rush speaks on Capitol Hill Thursday about the growing violence in Chicago, Illinois, which has reached staggering proportions so far in 2013.

“Every single day we wake up in the city of Chicago, some child, some young adult, some African-American male has been murdered,” state Rep. Monique Davis said Thursday. “This is not acceptable.
“I’m hearing from mothers that they are afraid to go outside,” she said. “Hospitals are overburdened with 70 gunshot wounds in one day. Ambulances are so busy people are driving victims in their own cars.”
Advertise | AdChoices

Davis held a press conference this week to ask Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn to call in National Guard “to protect our children so they can go to the park and swim and play and have a childhood.” She said the governor has not responded.
130711-chicago-crime-vmed-317p.380;380;7;70;0.jpg
Scott Olson / Getty Images
Police investigate a crime scene where seven people were shot on July 6 in Chicago.

Meanwhile, Congressman Bobby Rush and two other Illinois Democrats announced plans Thursday for an “emergency” summit July 25 at Chicago State University.
The event will be national in scope, but Chicago was chosen because it is “the epicenter of gun violence in the nation,” said Rush’s spokeswoman, Debra Johnson.
Chicago ended last year as the city with the highest number of murders in the nation. Three weeks later, its reputation as a crime capital was cemented when Hadiya Pendleton, 15, was shot dead days after performing in Washington for President Obama’s inauguration festivities.
Police say anti-gang and crime-fighting strategies launched after Pendleton’s slaying are working. Official statistics show murders were down 28 percent, from 260 to 188, and shooting incidents fell 24 percent, from 1,117 to 849, in the first half of the year.
However, a bloody Independence Day weekend left at least nine people dead and dozens wounded – including two young boys shot in city parks – making many worry that progress is slowing midway through a long, hot summer.
“It’s mayhem,” said Davis. “And nobody seems able to stop it.”

So the great city of Chicago cannot legislate and juducate so it calls in the military with automatic weapons and tanks like the Chinese did in Bejing. This boys and girls is today's America. Take a good, hard look at what your left wing government is going to do to you if you do not obey. I was in this degenerate city in 1968 when the "Anatomy of A Police Riot" took place during the Democratic National Convention. Let's all praise Obama, "Change Has Come To America" and it is in military uniform and ready to kill.
This is exactly what the second amendment was meant to prevent.

Dust off and nuke the site from orbit. The only way to be sure.

This state is truly beyond hope, and the military will just make it worse. People will just stop shooting at each other and shoot at them, and the gangsters will make fortunes off weapons and ammunition sales.

Does that count as "gun violence", by the way?

Last edited:
Not sure that is what people meant when they said "bring the troops home".

But hey, maybe all that money will be spent on the American people after all.

My mayor decided to ax the gang task force and people wonder why it's the wild wild west?

Personally I'm beginning to think it is a conspiracy between Rahm and Obama targeting Chicago as the first metropolis for Obama's hair-brained, DHS backed Civilian Defense Force. Brotha Jesse already asked for Obama to bivouac the troops, now this one's calling for the cavalry... it's only a matter of time...

Clear signs of that moral decay we've been talking about. There is no respect for human life there. Generational welfare breaking down the family structure, acceptance of instant gratification at the cost of personal restraint, normalized murder for convenience, this is the predictable result. It's not like nobody saw it coming, Chicago will become the next Detroit. It's a shame really, it's a beautiful city, unfortunately it is an example of what decades of corrupt ''progressive" policies will inevitably lead to.

So when the policies of the short sighted fail, what do they call for? More guns. Just not in the hands of responsible citizens. These idiots want to arm anonymous strangers instead, as if a uniform imparts a higher level of responsibility. There is no single action that will fix it, and no speedy solution. The problem is likely to far advanced to correct it. At this point the thing to do may be to learn from it and change policies to prevent it from happening in other places, but the people are too numb to do it and the government too inept. Enjoy your new norm, it has been a long time coming.

The faster the scum kill each other off, the better. I say arm them and get everyone out that wants out.

Build a wall around it and fill it with water.

My mayor decided to ax the gang task force and people wonder why it's the wild wild west?

Personally I'm beginning to think it is a conspiracy between Rahm and Obama targeting Chicago as the first metropolis for Obama's hair-brained, DHS backed Civilian Defense Force. Brotha Jesse already asked for Obama to bivouac the troops, now this one's calling for the cavalry... it's only a matter of time...

Heya Chez. :2wave: Thats Right.....Jesse Jackson was the First. Right after they started the new task Force to go after the bangers with their version of the Rico. Now Poopy Rush and Dancin Danny are saying the same.

Aren't you glad they admit to their own selves being failures for each of their Illustrious 20 year careers. That they are unable to legislate.

Do you think they want their gangbanger friends that get out the vote for them.....to be affected? How many former bangers now are community activists, in the city? Guess that wont include them.....huh?

What do you think Chez? Should someone be in front of the Media saying these politicians should be psychologically evaluated to determine they are capable of holding an elected office. To make sure they have no mind affecting diseases which could affect the lives of all Chicagoans. Shouldn't their mental faculties and thinking processes be put on display for their fellow Chicagoans? Shouldn't people be on the media here to get on these guys and investigate into the medications they must take in order to cope with the jobs they have?

Should we test them to see if they are Bipolar like Jesse Junior? So we can make sure that they cannot cry out. It is not my fault. I am Bipolar. :lol:

Clear signs of that moral decay we've been talking about. There is no respect for human life there. Generational welfare breaking down the family structure, acceptance of instant gratification at the cost of personal restraint, normalized murder for convenience, this is the predictable result. It's not like nobody saw it coming, Chicago will become the next Detroit. It's a shame really, it's a beautiful city, unfortunately it is an example of what decades of corrupt ''progressive" policies will inevitably lead to.

So when the policies of the short sighted fail, what do they call for? More guns. Just not in the hands of responsible citizens. These idiots want to arm anonymous strangers instead, as if a uniform imparts a higher level of responsibility. There is no single action that will fix it, and no speedy solution. The problem is likely to far advanced to correct it. At this point the thing to do may be to learn from it and change policies to prevent it from happening in other places, but the people are too numb to do it and the government too inept. Enjoy your new norm, it has been a long time coming.

I disagree that there are no singular actions that will fix it.
It may take a few singular actions in different departments, law enforcement, education, parent responsibility. But it can be done, or this type of living will continue to fester and spread out across the nation.

So Chicago can't handle the mess they enabled, and needs Uncle Sam to bail them out. That's fine, just so long as there are grievous consequences placed upon the leadership. This is an egregious failure of an unfathomable magnitude. Clean up the mess by hunting down and killing every last gangster, dope slinger, pimp, and thug, forcibly oust the city leadership, sue them for the troubles they've caused, and shame the city so ****ing hard that they will never be allowed to live this down. Drench the entire city in tear gas if necessary. Do everything necessary to get the point across that this will never be allowed to happen again. Ever.

Something tells me that if we got the liberals out things might go better. They've been in power in this city for eighty years, and look how well that's turning out for us.

They've had their chance to pick up their own messes, and they have failed. Time to move on.

So Chicago can't handle the mess they enabled, and needs Uncle Sam to bail them out. That's fine, just so long as there are grievous consequences placed upon the leadership. This is an egregious failure of an unfathomable magnitude. Clean up the mess by hunting down and killing every last gangster, dope slinger, pimp, and thug, forcibly oust the city leadership, sue them for the troubles they've caused, and shame the city so ****ing hard that they will never be allowed to live this down. Drench the entire city in tear gas if necessary. Do everything necessary to get the point across that this will never be allowed to happen again. Ever.

Yeah but you can't do that here.....otherwise you would wipe out the Democrats and their outfit erm.....I mean Machine. :2razz:

Good News is.....the Democrats down South said they wont back who the Demos up here with who they want to run for Governor. So they are going to run their own Democrat from the Southern part of the state.

See there is a Silver lining in a few of those Blue Clouds. :lol:

Glad to see there's a glimmer of hope SOMEWHERE.

Yeah but you can't do that here.....otherwise you would wipe out the Democrats and their outfit erm.....I mean Machine. :2razz:

Good News is.....the Democrats down South said they wont back who the Demos up here with who they want to run for Governor. So they are going to run their own Democrat from the Southern part of the state.

See there is a Silver lining in a few of those Blue Clouds. :lol:

Realistically, it can't be done because of the outcry over how we're hurting and oppressing those poor murderers, thugs, and rapists. If the cops and legislators had any balls at all, they would have done what they should have a long time ago to end this. They want this to be a federal problem, the fed should handle it in a way that it will never be a problem again.

In a useful system with real teeth, that would mean military occupation, martial law complete with an enforced curfew. Active hunting and engagement of the criminal element, and summary execution of resisting offenders, regardless of any factor outside of they either ran, or resisted. That goes for cops and local government officials as well, since they created this problem. Just to be fair, the people of Chicago should have three days to evacuate. After that time, martial law goes into effect, and nobody is allowed in or out of the city except for the shipment of food and supplies. Basically, turn that bitch into Afghanistan, and fight it out until all the riff-raff is sifted out and exterminated.

Realistically, it can't be done because of the outcry over how we're hurting and oppressing those poor murderers, thugs, and rapists. If the cops and legislators had any balls at all, they would have done what they should have a long time ago to end this. They want this to be a federal problem, the fed should handle it in a way that it will never be a problem again.

In a useful system with real teeth, that would mean military occupation, martial law complete with an enforced curfew. Active hunting and engagement of the criminal element, and summary execution of resisting offenders, regardless of any factor outside of they either ran, or resisted. That goes for cops and local government officials as well, since they created this problem. Just to be fair, the people of Chicago should have three days to evacuate. After that time, martial law goes into effect, and nobody is allowed in or out of the city except for the shipment of food and supplies. Basically, turn that bitch into Afghanistan, and fight it out until all the riff-raff is sifted out and exterminated.

I wouldn't take it serious.....Boobie Rush didn't wear a hoodie like he did on the House Floor in Congress. So its not a really Important Issue. :lamo

I wouldn't take it serious.....Boobie Rush didn't wear a hoodie like he did on the House Floor in Congress. So its not a really Important Issue. :lamo

I've already constructed this Orwellian nightmare in my head, so I think we should at least give it a shot. Just for the hell of it.

What do you think Chez? Should someone be in front of the Media saying these politicians should be psychologically evaluated to determine they are capable of holding an elected office. To make sure they have no mind affecting diseases which could affect the lives of all Chicagoans. Shouldn't their mental faculties and thinking processes be put on display for their fellow Chicagoans? Shouldn't people be on the media here to get on these guys and investigate into the medications they must take in order to cope with the jobs they have?

Should we test them to see if they are Bipolar like Jesse Junior? So we can make sure that they cannot cry out. It is not my fault. I am Bipolar. :lol:

That actually sounds rather convincing. These dinks think mental heath checks should be required for gun ownership, why not a Psych Eval for all those seeking public office? You might be on to something...

That actually sounds rather convincing. These dinks think mental heath checks should be required for gun ownership, why not a Psych Eval for all those seeking public office? You might be on to something...

Yeah Chez.....not only the Pols. We should do this with any Judges while removing ALL, Lifetime Appointments. All should be psych evaluated every 3 years. Make sure they have No diseases of the Brain.

We also stop a lot of that garbage about.....how they misspoke. A nice Hard Smack to the Back of the head will also help to keep their Mouths in check. ;)

Back
Top Bottom