• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chicago: seven-year-old girl shot while trick-or-treating on Halloween

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Chicago: seven-year-old girl shot while trick-or-treating on Halloween | US news | The Guardian

Child in critical but stable condition after being hit when at least two men fired shots intended for a suspected gang, say police

A seven-year-old girl is fighting for her life in hospital in Chicago on Friday after she was shot while out trick-or-treating for Halloween, and police are on an intense hunt for at least one gunman.

The child was hit in the neck with a stray bullet when at least two men fired seven or more shots that were intended for a suspected gang rival nearby, police said.
======================================================
Chicago is not my kind of town.

Events such as Halloween should simply not be observed in "tough" neighborhoods.

As soon as it gets dark, no one in such areas should leave their homes.

The community should ask the police to patrol the streets at that time. Furthermore, the good people in that neighborhood should contribute to hiring a private security service to patrol the streets (they can then contact the police when they see suspicious activity).

Chicago is not my kind of town.

I have read that Chicago was once a wonderful city.

It was the railroad hub of the nation. Passenger trains from all over the nation converged on the Windy City.

During Prohibition, the gangsters limited their violence to other gangsters. They did not pick on perfectly innocent people.

My deepest sympathies to the good people of Chicago.

Little Village is has probably one of the highest concentration of illegal aliens in the country. The rather ironic thing is that 26th and California is where the court house and County Jail is.

I guess the strict gun laws and regulations in Chicago aren't helping.

So what justification is there to take those laws national? I'm not seeing it.

My deepest sympathies to the good people of Chicago, suffering under leftist rule.

It wasn't. It was in a business area.

Thank you for the info.

Yes, I have read that occasionally bad actors cause trouble outside of the tough neighborhoods.

Thank you for the info.

Yes, I have read that occasionally bad actors cause trouble outside of the tough neighborhoods.

From what I heard on the local news yesterday, it's traditional that the area hand out candy to Trick or Treaters. As for the shooting, it was possibly a result of a group of asswipes fighting in the area.

Events such as Halloween should simply not be observed in "tough" neighborhoods.

As soon as it gets dark, no one in such areas should leave their homes.

The community should ask the police to patrol the streets at that time. Furthermore, the good people in that neighborhood should contribute to hiring a private security service to patrol the streets (they can then contact the police when they see suspicious activity).

Was daylight when it happened

How absolutely heartbreaking. Our local mall does a trick or treat thing for the kids, as well as locals posting on NDN the best/safest areas for kids to go. This poor little girl (if she indeed survives) has been robbed of one of the best things a kid can enjoy while growing up. We always hit up our local school carnival and then hit up the local streets. Came home and did our up close neighborhood. I still remember one of the best houses not too far away always had one of those gigantic pumpkins with a strobe light inside. It was hooked up so the guy in the house could hear us and would talk to us from the pumpkin. And the topper was they gave those long tubes of candy with a plastic pumpkin head, witch or frankenstein on the top. I can never drive by that house that I don't think about the fun times.

Back
Top Bottom