• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chicago prepares for a rough night as body cam footage of police killing a 13 year old boy is about to be released

Look, this isn't rocket surgery. The cop told him to show his hands and drop the weapon only seconds before he fired. Watch the video. The kid complied. The cop fired. Now, is it cut and dry? No. But the cop should have waited the extra second. He had a vest on, he's a trained police officer.
Your post is dishonest in that you fail to admit that the suspect was also turning toward the officer which is not what he was ordered to do.
That is not complying, but constitutes a threat on his part.

Dude...don't downplay the life and death danger of dungeons and dragons
True, true, I still have flashbacks to 15 years ago when my first character, a Dwarf Paladin, got its brain sucked out by a Mindflayer in a TPK. :)

He looked right at the phone/camera prior to going back and picking up the taser, and you want to say he didn't know? Your opinion is hilariously incongruent with the known evidence.
Yes, he shot because he had the taser. You can't show he didn't. You can't even show he knew Scott tossed the taser before firing either.
I am aware of the facts. Like I said, you could not show he lied.

Where I come from this is called a lie:
Slager was also charged with obstruction of justice for making false statements to South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) investigators with the intent to impede the investigation into the shooting. The indictment alleges that Slager intentionally misled SLED investigators by claiming that Scott was coming toward him with a taser at the time that Slager fired his weapon, when in truth, Scott was running away.

Where I come from this is called a lie:
*Sigh*
Interesting. From where I came from that is called an allegation.
And in this case, an unproven one.

And as already stated:
As for "lying"? You haven't shown any lie. I suspect we both could show an untruth that was made, but I have no way of showing it was made with the intent to deceive, and neither could you.
So, from wherever you are from, you have been mistaught. It is an untrue statement that neither you or I could show was made with the intent to deceive.

You can make emotive arguments all you like but shooting an unarmed kid sends you to prison.
not always. George Zimmerman walked. and so did the cop in Cleveland who shot that boy who had a toy gun

"head of Chicago Police Union."

Haha.
What is your issue with the head of Chicago's Police Union? Or is that just maniacal laughter to go along with the irrational thoughts you have displayed?

Your post is dishonest in that you fail to admit that the suspect was also turning toward the officer which is not what he was ordered to do.
That is not complying, but constitutes a threat on his part.

Right wingers really are the worst people

What is your issue with the head of Chicago's Police Union? Or is that just maniacal laughter to go along with the irrational thoughts you have displayed?

Blue wall of silence. Cops always protect cops. They'll lie to do it. They lie all the time to protect each other. Their "side" of the story just isn't interesting.

Poor baby.
I understand your admittance to acting in such a manner, but I certainty wouldn't say that to anyone as it is a personal attack and could result in an infraction. Especially if the person it was said to reports such attacks.

I understand your admittance to acting in such a manner, but I certainty wouldn't say that to anyone as it is a personal attack and could result in an infraction. Especially if the person it was said to reports such attacks.

Poor baby.

Right wingers really are the worst people
iLOL Wrong as usual.

Blue wall of silence. Cops always protect cops. They'll lie to do it. They lie all the time to protect each other. Their "side" of the story just isn't interesting.
iLOL And yet you can not show any lie on his part.
Go figure.

*Sigh*
Interesting. From where I came from that is called an allegation.
And in this case, an unproven one.

And as already stated:
As for "lying"? You haven't shown any lie. I suspect we both could show an untruth that was made, but I have no way of showing it was made with the intent to deceive, and neither could you.
So, from wherever you are from, you have been mistaught. It is an untrue statement that neither you or I could show was made with the intent to deceive.

This is more than simple to prove you know? This is the exact moment Slager takes his first shot. Does that look like Scott is going toward him? Therefore telling SLED that Scott was heading toward him was......a LIE. And yes I suppose we both could, however I've given you information proving my point while you're just all words. Done with this as it's not the thread topic.

away.png

Poor baby.
Again.

Don't say I didn't try to give you a heads up concerning that piss poor behavior you are exhibiting..

Again.

Don't say I didn't try to give you a heads up concerning that piss poor behavior you are exhibiting..

Poor baby. You'll be alright someday, maybe.

This is more than simple to prove you know? This is the exact moment Slager takes his first shot. Does that look like Scott is going toward him? Therefore telling SLED that Scott was heading toward him was......a LIE. And yes I suppose we both could, however I've given you information proving my point while you're just all words. Done with this as it's not the thread topic.
Wrong.
It was an untrue statement. You can not show it was made with the intent to deceive, and neither can I.

True, true, I still have flashbacks to 15 years ago when my first character, a Dwarf Paladin, got its brain sucked out by a Mindflayer in a TPK. :)

No idea WTF you just said lmao

Poor baby. You'll be alright someday, maybe.
Is that what you think? That's nice.
Too bad you haven't had any valid arguments in this thread. Maybe someday you will.

(Added)
And btw, whether you realize it or not, besides being hilarious, it is also pretty pathetic that you doubled downed on your idiotic thoughts. iLOL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom