• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chicago prepares for a rough night as body cam footage of police killing a 13 year old boy is about to be released

Yes. Moving the evidence to a more secure location is disturbing the crime scene. And your use of "oopsie" is just a sign of your own absurd thinking. In this case nothing nefarious can be suggested because Scott did indeed taser him and he did indeed know he was being videoed. What it wasn't was "planting evidence" as you absurdly characterized it.

As for "lying"? You haven't shown any lie. I suspect we both could show an untruth that was made, but I have no way of showing it was made with the intent to deceive, and neither could you.

Hahaha because the only secure spot where a bunch of police were showing up to block off the crime scene was next to the guys body who he said stole his taser so he had to shoot him. Had that video not shown up (and no he didn't know) I think he would have had some serious explaining to do on why he claimed he shot a guy because he had the taser, but the guy was several yards away and shot in the back. And then when asked about how his statement the day of the shooting didn't match up he said her couldn't remember.

But regardless, his worthless butt is where it should be. Justice served.

slager.jpg

Not good enough in my opinion. If it's good enough in the cop's opinion, he'll rest easier. If it wasn't, he won't. In his heart, he knows.

I saw this kind of thing in the service. All I can say is thank god it never happened to me.

I read he's pretty torn up about it. He wasted no time to try and keep the kid alive. Had he wanted him dead he could have meandered about a little bit till the kid bled out I guess.

I read he's pretty torn up about it. He wasted no time to try and keep the kid alive. Had he wanted him dead he could have meandered about a little bit till the kid bled out I guess.

Please. I never said he wanted the kid dead. He made the wrong decision.

Wrong as usual.

No I'm not wrong.

Yes. Moving the evidence to a more secure location is disturbing the crime scene. And your use of "oopsie" is just a sign of your own absurd thinking. In this case nothing nefarious can be suggested because Scott did indeed taser him and he did indeed know he was being videoed. What it wasn't was "planting evidence" as you absurdly characterized it.

As for "lying"? You haven't shown any lie. I suspect we both could show an untruth that was made, but I have no way of showing it was made with the intent to deceive, and neither could you.

BS

Please. I never said he wanted the kid dead. He made the wrong decision.
He made the right decision based on what he could see. Sadly, the kid chose to toss the gun where the cop couldn't see him do so, and then spin around where the last thing the cop saw was a gun in his hand. The cop fired.

No I'm not wrong.

BS

I agree with BS. Slager had no idea he was being recorded. He knew it would be a hard sell to say he shot Scott in self defense of Scott trying to use the taser and the body being several yards away with NO taser. SLED was already finding discrepancies in his account of the incident before the video surfaced a day or two later.

Hahaha because the only secure spot where a bunch of police were showing up to block off the crime scene was next to the guys body who he said stole his taser so he had to shoot him. Had that video not shown up (and no he didn't know) I think he would have had some serious explaining to do on why he claimed he shot a guy because he had the taser, but the guy was several yards away and shot in the back. And then when asked about how his statement the day of the shooting didn't match up he said her couldn't remember.
He looked right at the phone/camera prior to going back and picking up the taser, and you want to say he didn't know? Your opinion is hilariously incongruent with the known evidence.
Yes, he shot because he had the taser. You can't show he didn't. You can't even show he knew Scott tossed the taser before firing either.
I am aware of the facts. Like I said, you could not show he lied.

But when he whirled around the weapon was gone.
Cop was already firing by then. Last he saw the hand that was about to come around toward him, it was holding a gun. There's no 'waiting' when something like that happens, unless one wants to be gambling with their own life.

Cop was already firing by then. Last he saw the hand that was about to come around toward him, it was holding a gun. There's no 'waiting' when something like that happens, unless one wants to be gambling with their own life.
Look, this isn't rocket surgery. The cop told him to show his hands and drop the weapon only seconds before he fired. Watch the video. The kid complied. The cop fired. Now, is it cut and dry? No. But the cop should have waited the extra second. He had a vest on, he's a trained police officer.

Look, this isn't rocket surgery. The cop told him to show his hands and drop the weapon only seconds before he fired. Watch the video. The kid complied. The cop fired. Now, is it cut and dry? No. But the cop should have waited the extra second. He had a vest on, he's a trained police officer.
Yes, the cop told him to show his hands and drop the weapon seconds before he fired. The kid turned, gun in hand, and outside of the officer's sight, tossed his gun before beginning to whirl around at the officer. The officer shot. As he should have, given what he was personally aware of. He had no knowledge that the dumb kid had thrown his gun out of his sightline.

I'm just glad for your family's sake that you never have to make such decisions, as you'd be dead in the course of a week.

Chris Como interviews head of Chicago Police Union.

Back
Top Bottom