• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chicago Police Union Head Urges Cops to Defy Vaccine Mandate

How about you discuss the thread topic instead of discussing the O/P and we'll call it good?

Yeah, talk about Irony? Discuss the OP like you are doing? Your trolling posts are so weak

Obviously, you're not paying attention.
Oh irony...

Look like you got leftwing Cable New's memo. ;)

Is she, the original poster, supposed to make a thread after finding someone who disagrees with her? :giggle:

whatabout, whatabout, whatabout....

Around 2% of all COVID deaths this year were breakthrough cases.

In addition, almost as many officers have died from COVID in 2021 as in 2020 -- and we have 2 1/2 months to go.

In other words, there is no question whatsoever that the safest thing they can do, for themselves and the public, is get vaccinated.

:rolleyes:

From what I can tell, some wore masks and washed hands. Some resisted mask mandates. I don't see any indication that they closed police stations, moved meetings outdoors, or otherwise practiced social distancing.

More to the point: Masks, social distancing, frequent hand washing etc are not valid alternatives to vaccination for society as a whole. While they are effective -- as the example of Australia clearly shows -- they are only a stopgap until we can get enough people vaccinated.

Again: There is no question whatsoever that the safest thing they can do, for themselves and the public, is get vaccinated. If you actually care about the lives of police officers, then you should be doing everything you can, including endorsing mandates, to get them to vaccinate.
Are we running a special on fallacies today? Your conclusion does not follow from your premise. It's a strawman argument.

Being willfully obtuse

I'm describing who supports BLM. IT is millions of black people, and millions of white people. Is that the black supremacist movement you're referring to, guy who thinks Jews have a conspiracy to make everyone forget about the non-Jewish victims of WWII?

No more hiding.

😃

LOL. I havent heard a single chant yet.
But then: I don't do stuff like throw my money at NFL games.

the last NFL game I went to was 80,000 drunken salty LOSERS, and I said "Hmmmmm, you are probably watching your last NFL game in person."
depends on your definition of loser... some of those seats are damn expensive.

No, I wouldn't "back the mandates". Not a chance of that.
So, you want police officers to die of COVID. Noted.

I think those are insane and I'm beginning to think the December 8th mandate date many government employees are expected to adhere to - just might not happen..
It's happening.

Few people are quitting because of the mandates. Attempts to stop them in court are failing, because the courts recognize, as they have for over 100 years, that you don't have a right to spread a lethal disease. Daily vaccination rates are rising.

Nor is this the first time in US history that we've seen resistance to vaccines. It's consistent, even with a far more lethal disease like smallpox, there were idiots who didn't want to get vaccinated. That's why we already have lots of vaccine mandates.

Don't let a pesky thing like facts get in the way of your ideology.

I think Biden might "back away" in some way...
He won't. Stop deluding yourself.

and millions of white people.

Its sad, watching these poor fools peacocking their White Shame.
-sigh-
I just don't know where it all ends.

Around 2% of all COVID deaths this year were breakthrough cases.

In addition, almost as many officers have died from COVID in 2021 as in 2020 -- and we have 2 1/2 months to go.

In other words, there is no question whatsoever that the safest thing they can do, for themselves and the public, is get vaccinated.
Well, that is pretty obviously the smart move. But blah blah blah, Biden, blah blah blah liberals, blah blah blah communists. So we shouldn't do the obvious smart thing, we should instead do the obvious stupid thing.

Few people are quitting because of the mandates. Attempts to stop them in court are failing, because the courts recognize, as they have for over 100 years, that you don't have a right to spread a lethal disease. Daily vaccination rates are rising.

Some are making it sound as if crushing numbers are quitting. They aren't, generally the numbers are very small and given the job's they are freely walking away from are good payingng jobs, there will likely to be no problem filling them.

Are we running a special on fallacies today? Your conclusion does not follow from your premise.
lol... Are you even trying to be serious?

The CDC tracks deaths and hospitalizations of breakthrough cases. It's less than 2% of the total.

So... if 98% of all COVID deaths in the US in 2021 are unvaccinated.... and police officers are in the US... then yes, it makes sense that only a tiny percent of vaccinated officers are dying.

And of course, you have absolutely no data to show otherwise. Yet another bad faith "argument" from you. Yawn.

Its sad, watching these poor fools peacocking their White Shame.
-sigh-
I just don't know where it all ends.

Better keep hoping people only get their news from TV so they can't always tell who is on who's side.

Your recruiting will get a lot harder otherwise.

😃

lol... Are you even trying to be serious?
Yep. You used a fallious argument. Why should I take you seriously when you do that?
The CDC tracks deaths and hospitalizations of breakthrough cases. It's less than 2% of the total.

So... if 98% of all COVID deaths in the US in 2021 are unvaccinated.... and police officers are in the US... then yes, it makes sense that only a tiny percent of vaccinated officers are dying.

And of course, you have absolutely no data to show otherwise. Yet another bad faith "argument" from you. Yawn.

Medical choice.
Great, your choice not to do the right thing for the greater good, should come at a price. Higher insurance or none, unable to travel out of state.

Great, your choice not to do the right thing for the greater good, should come at a price. Higher insurance or none, unable to travel out of state.
Why not just put a unvaccinated symbol on their person so we all know who the bad people are?

Why not just put a unvaccinated symbol on their person so we all know who the bad people are?

I'd support tattooing a big M on their foreheads. For "Moron".
Thats right, we have to know who to stay away from.

Do you any specific quote of Tucker saying "you should not trust the vaccines"?

The stupidest argument at DP is pretending you can erode trust in the vaccine for months, and then pretend you're telling people to do something other than not trust the vaccine.

Tucker Carlson: Democrats and the CDC have been lying about COVID and the vaccine​

You will dance around this, you will tell us that you know what Tucker really meant, but it is obvious from your posting history that you're dead set on telling people not to trust the vaccine. How could you not be? You're a team player, not some independent pretending to be right leaning.

Such silliness from an adult degrades the quality of a forum.

How about people just stop being ****ing stupid and get vaccinated. The more unvaccinated people we have, the longer Covid stays around, the more frequent variants appear. Unvaccinated people aren't just risking their own health, but also the health of others.

Odd comment given I have often said things are not going well for Biden these days as detected in the polls. I am quite capable of seeing the good and the bad and calling bad out when I see it. I see and hear what is happening and some of it is on Biden and some of it is on the unavoidable issues surrounding Covid. However, what I see coming from RW media particularly Fox is very one dimensional and heavily biased. If Fox has nothing to do with it why is Fox quoted so often here often times just using the name of some anchor or contributor as if everyone knows who they are?

I happen to disagree that the mandates are causing the sky to fall or are nearly as cataclysmic to the country, or to Biden, as some would like them to be and, speaking of ignoring polls, the majority of Americans support the mandates. Yes, some unions are challenging them as being something that should be negotiated. That is hardly a shocker. Other unions are OK with the mandates. Yes, there are very small percentages of employees choosing to leave their jobs rather than be vaccinated and that is their right, just as it is the right of the company to protect the health and safety of their employees as well as their bottom line.

It is my view that this entire thing is being dramatically overblown by the RW media for one purpose only.....to rile the base and hurt Biden politically......and it is working. They don't give a damn about the American people and their " freedoms" much less their health they only care about ratings and dollars.

Your opinion is noted. I don't think the **** Biden chants, and Biden's decreasing popularity has anything to do with Fox.
Biden's popularity has decreased with both minorities, (especially Blacks) and Independents..... Fox's fault?

How about people just stop being ****ing stupid and get vaccinated. The more unvaccinated people we have, the longer Covid stays around, the more frequent variants appear. Unvaccinated people aren't just risking their own health, but also the health of others.
Because people are stupid lol

It's so simple and yet so hard for them. They are all crying about wanting to go back to normal, yet refuse to do the one thing they can to help make that happen.

I do not like Elon Musk. I do not buy his products. I do not think he's a genius. I think he's a grifter that benefits from government tax relief to get rich. If someone asked me whether I argue that others trust Elon Musk, I would say no. Hell, I'll wear the anti-Musk arm band proudly.

But at DP, right wing posters can spend 9+ months claiming all sorts of wild shit about vaccines using everything including QAnon sources to YouTube videos, and then pretend to be shocked when people don't believe they're anything but antivaxxers, and so are the media cucks they go to bat for.

Grow up, folks. Wear your ideas proudly.

Back
Top Bottom