• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chicago Police Dept. Plagued by Systemic Racism, Task Force Finds

CPD- evidence of racist behaviors?

• Not sure???

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yes, perpetuating contrived racial injustices means any and all legitimate issues that have led to inner city poverty, crime and violence get ignored

How is arriving onto a seen late and shooting someone 16 times even after they are down on the ground contrived? You guys funny.

Not what the report states now is it.

Nope but it is far easier to call the cops a bunch of racists than it is to look and the mirror and point to the one they see there. Looks like many people in Chicago need some serious counseling, me thinks it is not going to happen. The article, as most do, refuse to bring up Why some people are pulled over, arrested or even shot more often than others, you know, that they tends to be the ones committing crimes, oh wait we are not supposed to say that out loud. Heck I bet some here believe all the CPD are white, it is a selective outrage thing, I guess some see what they Want to see and ignore that which might not fit their POV.

How is arriving onto a seen late and shooting someone 16 times even after they are down on the ground contrived? You guys funny.

Which is wrong and needs further investigation and prosecution, so you are saying this is Typical, me thinks Not.

Yes, perpetuating contrived racial injustices means any and all legitimate issues that have led to inner city poverty, crime and violence get ignored

Rather smug, and only looking at the surface.

I doubt from inside you can see what people are trying to tell you. There are so many ingrained racial practices in the US you can't even see them. You keep sport statistics comparing whites and blacks. For what purpose? All it does is affirm differences and create resentments.

You can't see it because it's the norm. Others won't see it, saying "they" brought it on themselves." And just about every summer one or more cities will erupt in a race riot.

There isn't a day goes by that there isn't a thread about race, or about blacks this or blacks that, more about whites etc. There is both an obsession with race and major denial. The problem I see is actually getting worse, attitudes hardening and politicians playing to it.

Will there ever come a day when blacks or anyone will be thought of a "Americans" first, and their race way down the list?

Nope but it is far easier to call the cops a bunch of racists than it is to look and the mirror and point to the one they see there. Looks like many people in Chicago need some serious counseling, me thinks it is not going to happen. The article, as most do, refuse to bring up Why some people are pulled over, arrested or even shot more often than others, you know, that they tends to be the ones committing crimes, oh wait we are not supposed to say that out loud. Heck I bet some here believe all the CPD are white, it is a selective outrage thing, I guess some see what they Want to see and ignore that which might not fit their POV.

Federal, Sate and Municipal housing policies created the Ghettos that is a travesty. In 72 one Cabinet member tried to change it. He was shot down by Nixon. Mitt Romney fathers was this man, he tried to do right and was pilloried.

Those exact set of circumstances...no. Does CPD routinely shoot black people...yes.

Black Residents 10 Times More Likely Than Whites To Be Shot By Chicago Police: Analysis
And what were the circumstances of each case and what were they doing at the time of the shooting? Anyone can to one or two cases and say it proves their claims but the reality is No it does not prove anything other than that specific case. The devil is Always in the details, the Brown shooting in Ferguson would sound the same if one listened to what people were saying but if one looked at the facts one realized it was completely justified, sadly people still point to such cases as if it shows anything other than a criminal getting what they deserved. So unless you have data on all the shooting I will have remain skeptical. Oh, and while you are at it, find out Who it is that most often shoots Black People, we do want All the facts don't we, after all Black Lives Matter.

Cops follow the orders of elected officials along with their policies.

BS poll.

I am sure you have sources with which to back that up, in some fashion. However the image of an elected official saying go out and harass black people isn't happening for me. I have read the DOJ's report on Ferguson, and while those elected officials did put pressure on the cops for more income, it was the cops who chose who, when and how to clamp down

That is called "sympathetic fire". SOP for most departments. "Shoot to kill" has morphed into "make double sure he is double dead".

I do often wonder why they totally ventilate a corpse to the point you need a forklift to haul them away.

Federal, Sate and Municipal housing policies created the Ghettos that is a travesty. In 72 one Cabinet member tried to change it. He was shot down by Nixon. Mitt Romney fathers was this man, he tried to do right and was pilloried.

So, is there a point to that?

The US has a major race problem and far to many ignore it.

No one ignores it. In fact, you cant go 5 minutes without a liberal crying racism somewhere. What is interesting about this story is that the 'systemic' racism exists not in Mississippi, but in that tolerant, liberal enclave of Chicago. Maybe liberals should look in the mirror before smearing conservative southerners.

No one ignores it. In fact, you cant go 5 minutes without a liberal crying racism somewhere. What is interesting about this story is that the 'systemic' racism exists not in Mississippi, but in that tolerant, liberal enclave of Chicago. Maybe liberals should look in the mirror before smearing conservative southerners.

Racism is rife thru the US not just the South, not just the East, thru the US.

So, is there a point to that?
Take a look. Report was released in 68- 48 years ago.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/17/opinion/sunday/housing-apartheid-american-style.html?_r=0

The commission told white Americans what black citizens already knew: that the country was “moving toward two societies, one black, one white — separate and unequal.” It linked the devastating riots that consumed Detroit and Newark in 1967 to residential segregation that had been sustained and made worse by federal policies that concentrated poor black citizens in ghettos. It also said that discrimination and segregation had become a threat to “the future of every American.”

As part of the remedy, the commission called on the government to outlaw housing discrimination in both the sale and rental markets and to “reorient” federal policy so that housing for low- and moderate-income families would be built in integrated, mixed-income neighborhoods, where residents would have better access to jobs and decent schools.

Once again, the careful considerations from one living outside the problem, and coming from the most diverse country in the world. Racism is everywhere in the US, it knows no party boundary, liberals are as guilty as republicans.

You can't see it because its become the norm.

And the real ugly part is that both parties have been using it as leverage for votes.

Did you buy into that nonsense? Funny none of the blacks I know, like the friend of mine living right next door, bought into it, thankfully some people are smart enough to not let others determine their path in life.

You evidence is purely anecdotal.

You evidence is purely anecdotal.

Umm, it is real life experience and not some ignorance posted by people that are obviously clueless when it comes to reality. Separation my arse, I lived in a community for over 13 years and the population was made up of whites, blacks and every other shade we come in and guess what people got along and our crime rate was some of the lowest in the DFW area, mainly teens doing what teens do. The BS about separation is just that BS, and is actually part of the problem with the way some people think.

And what were the circumstances of each case and what were they doing at the time of the shooting? Anyone can to one or two cases and say it proves their claims but the reality is No it does not prove anything other than that specific case. The devil is Always in the details, the Brown shooting in Ferguson would sound the same if one listened to what people were saying but if one looked at the facts one realized it was completely justified, sadly people still point to such cases as if it shows anything other than a criminal getting what they deserved. So unless you have data on all the shooting I will have remain skeptical. Oh, and while you are at it, find out Who it is that most often shoots Black People, we do want All the facts don't we, after all Black Lives Matter.

The Brown shooting in my mind and in many peoples mind was NOT justified. He shot a known unarmed victim that was already wounded and trying to flee the scene. There was no reason to shoot him down. He would eventually arrived at an ER to treat his GSW and could easily be apprehended then without incident. Police do that all the time. Instead he shot him down dead.

Also there are not just 1 or 2 incidents with the CPD or police in general. At what point do you believe it is systemic? The Rialto police, since the mayor mandated body cams, has a 50% decrease in officer involved violence against civilians. Are criminals now running rampant in Rialto more than they were before body cams? No they are not.

So how do you explain if you are black and unarmed you have a 14% chance of being shot and killed by the police. If you are hispanic and unarmed you have 10% chance and if you are white and unarmed you have a 6% chance.

Again when do this suggest a systemic problem to you?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings/

Umm, it is real life experience and not some ignorance posted by people that are obviously clueless when it comes to reality. Separation my arse, I lived in a community for over 13 years and the population was made up of whites, blacks and every other shade we come in and guess what people got along and our crime rate was some of the lowest in the DFW area, mainly teens doing what teens do. The BS about separation is just that BS, and is actually part of the problem with the way some people think.
What was the average wage per capita?
What was the rate of verty?
Did your city as others have, Ghettos?

The Brown shooting in my mind and in many peoples mind was NOT justified. He shot a known unarmed victim that was already wounded and trying to flee the scene. There was no reason to shoot him down. He would eventually arrived at an ER to treat his GSW and could easily be apprehended then without incident. Police do that all the time. Instead he shot him down dead.

Also there are not just 1 or 2 incidents with the CPD or police in general. At what point do you believe it is systemic? The Rialto police, since the mayor mandated body cams, has a 50% decrease in officer involved violence against civilians. Are criminals now running rampant in Rialto more than they were before body cams? No they are not.

So how do you explain if you are black and unarmed you have a 14% chance of being shot and killed by the police. If you are hispanic and unarmed you have 10% chance and if you are white and unarmed you have a 6% chance.

They are disproportionately poor, live in or near high crimes areas, which raises their chances of being stopped by Police. Then bring in the stop and frisk, no weapons found, small amount of drugs, searches the group, finds a few more, off to court.
Officers working these high risk areas are going in well attuned to the risk, heighten senses can and does lead to over reaction.
Next - Cities that use the Broken Windows method, it has been proven to wreak havoc on the poor.
https://sunlightfoundation.com/blog...-cities-the-importance-of-open-police-data-2/

Anecdotal
http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...s-killed-more-jews-than-5.html#post1065770536

A judge I often worked with gave me my first lesson in criminal law, Cook County-style. He didn’t refer to the criminal code or even the Constitution. He taught me the Chicago Police Department’s brand of case acquisition. He said to watch for a string of cases where officers would reproduce the same police report detailing how drugs would “fall out” of defendants’ pockets as they “fled on foot” — common phrases used by police officers. The judge said that a “certain” neighborhood (which was code for black and Latino) had an epidemic of “holey” pockets.

The judge laughed at the fabrication of police reports as if it were a novelty, rather than an abuse of power. Never once did the judge try to teach me about the Fourth Amendment and whether such police practices fell within the boundaries of lawful search and seizure.

He had already attacked the officer once and after being shot in the hand he was returning to finish the job, had it been me I would not have stopped shooting the first time.
Unarmed, me thinks you like ignoring facts, you know like he was over 300lbs and had already attacked the officer, committed a strong arm robbery and missed the film of him beating an old man senseless to rob him. Brown was a dead man looking for someone to finish him off, good to know someone did before he killed someone first.
Again Who commits most of the crimes and Who is killing most Black People? Until you can answer either honestly do not bother with further replies.

What was the average wage per capita?
What was the rate of verty?
Did your city as others have, Ghettos?

40's to 100's
verty?
Nope

Police have roll calls before every shift and are given their marching orders. These orders come from the top. The top officials are the ones responsible for the heartbeat of their given towns and cities and create policy. Incompetent city officials are what gave us Ferguson, Baltimore, and Chicago.

Do I need to go further?

You sure as hell do. You need to name Rahm Emmanuel as the responsible party.

Back
Top Bottom