• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chicago now murder capital of U.S., FBI says

If anyone is going to try to pin Chicago's insane violence on either party, you're a dick.

The problem is a massive gang war.

Then you are not really that much informed about Chicago and don't know **** about Chicago Politics.

I'm sure it is. I'm just pointing out that as a percentage of population, the murder rate does not make either NY or Chicago "murder capitol" of the US.

Well.....those Gangbangers and Organizations say otherwise. Which doesn't include any Syndicated or Mob elements.

Who comprises these gangs?
Is there anything in common about them?..anything unusual that might stand out or that one might notice?

Yeah.....its called the Democratic Machine. Yeah the thing that will stand out about them is......no one is going to be able to stop them from getting guns and weapons.

When you're fighting a menace such as Chick-fil-A, you have to make sacrifices.

Hmm.....I thought more gun control equals less murder....poor Diane Feinstein!

Move over New York, the Second City is now the murder capital of America.

According to new crime statistics released this week by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Chicago had more homicides in 2012 than any other city in the country. There were 500 murders in Chicago last year, the FBI said, surpassing New York City, which had 419.

In 2011, there were 515 homicides in the Big Apple, compared with the 431 in Chicago.

Here's my two cents why Chicago has earned its reputation.

Chicago has been a sanctuary city for illegal immigrants for decades. It is no secret there is a link between illegals and drug smuggling. But as of late, the number of Americans crossing the border and smuggling in drugs has greatly increased especially where there is high unemployment as a means to make cash. Chicago and Illinois in general has one of the highest unemployment rates in the country.

Chicago has one of the highest dropout rates in the country. With jobs scarce the uneducated are in competition with illegal immigrants for minimum wage jobs. It's more lucrative to sell drugs than flip hamburgers at McDonalds. Prostitution is more lucrative as well. These illegal activities are at the heart of the increase in gangs. These groups of people who claim a territory and use it to make money through illegal activities.

Chicago has one of the highest number of births born to single women. These children are usually raised by Uncle Sam and have no father around to teach them by example personal responsibility. These children tend to be the ones that drop out of school and get involved in criminal activity to make extra cash while the government pays for their housing, food, utilities and health care. Chicago has been a Democrat stronghold for a very long time. Their policies of providing entitlements has actually taken away the incentive of individuals to become all they can. Why should they when the government is willing to provide the essentials. When a person is made to work for his food, he/she doesn't have much time or energy left for criminal activity.

Here's my two cents why Chicago has earned its reputation.

Chicago has been a sanctuary city for illegal immigrants for decades. It is no secret there is a link between illegals and drug smuggling. But as of late, the number of Americans crossing the border and smuggling in drugs has greatly increased especially where there is high unemployment as a means to make cash. Chicago and Illinois in general has one of the highest unemployment rates in the country.

Chicago has one of the highest dropout rates in the country. With jobs scarce the uneducated are in competition with illegal immigrants for minimum wage jobs. It's more lucrative to sell drugs than flip hamburgers at McDonalds. Prostitution is more lucrative as well. These illegal activities are at the heart of the increase in gangs. These groups of people who claim a territory and use it to make money through illegal activities.

Chicago has one of the highest number of births born to single women. These children are usually raised by Uncle Sam and have no father around to teach them by example personal responsibility. These children tend to be the ones that drop out of school and get involved in criminal activity to make extra cash while the government pays for their housing, food, utilities and health care. Chicago has been a Democrat stronghold for a very long time. Their policies of providing entitlements has actually taken away the incentive of individuals to become all they can. Why should they when the government is willing to provide the essentials. When a person is made to work for his food, he/she doesn't have much time or energy left for criminal activity.

Heya Vesper. :2wave: While most of that is true.....the black on black crime also comes into play due to the alliances thru the People and the Folks. What many are not seeing is how it is racial and between Blacks and Hispanics. While contending for the money makers.

Heya Vesper. :2wave: While most of that is true.....the black on black crime also comes into play due to the alliances thru the People and the Folks. What many are not seeing is how it is racial and between Blacks and Hispanics. While contending for the money makers.

That is a very good point you make MMC. I think much of the Black on Black crime is directly related to territory disputes between gangs. But your point of it being racial between Blacks and Hispanics is a very valid point.

No, even first offenders get harsher sentencing. Sell your Stormfront-lite racism someplace else.

It seems inevitable the whenever the problem of Black crime is mentioned liberals will be quick to charge 'Racism!' . This is largely why Black crime, which is destroying Black communities, continues unresolved.

Hmm.....I thought more gun control equals less murder....poor Diane Feinstein!

Move over New York, the Second City is now the murder capital of America.

According to new crime statistics released this week by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Chicago had more homicides in 2012 than any other city in the country. There were 500 murders in Chicago last year, the FBI said, surpassing New York City, which had 419.

In 2011, there were 515 homicides in the Big Apple, compared with the 431 in Chicago.

I'd love to know the liberal spin on this one.

Well this is just icing on the cake, I mean first the Stanley Cup and now? This? WOW! We are truly blessed here in my fair city, Blessed!

Some of the country's strictest gun laws and we still prevailed, what an accomplishment. Rahm, you know that dink of a mayor? Dissolved the gang task force, specialized units with the intel and capabilities to prevent and contain violence and he just gets rid of them and replaces them with beat cops, that's right old boys in Blue, because gangs in this city respect the badge, know what I'm saying jack?

City council sent a recommendation to rescind the asinine CFP and other intrusive and worthless gun control measures the city needlessly burdens it's law abiding citizens with, I suggest you sign off on in it Rahm...things can't get any worse...or what? Gonna listen to Brotha Jesse and send in Homeland? eh? Make it a complete cluster cluck of a cockadoodle doo? Ya listening to me Rahm? Ya dummy?...go to hell...

Rahm understands that a crisis is an opportunity - so a continued crisis means continued opportunities.

It is to the advantage of the Democrats that these problems remain in order that the liberals can promise to solve them. They will also threaten that if the opposition is elected they will take away the privileges that the Democrats have worked so hard to enact. Charter schools are essential in these neighborhoods, but an educated population is not to the benefit of the Democrats.

Chicago, LA, Detroit, DC, Miami, Boston, Philly........

It's no coincidence that the most dangerous and poorly run cities in the nation are also the bluest.

Rahm understands that a crisis is an opportunity - so a continued crisis means continued opportunities.

It is to the advantage of the Democrats that these problems remain in order that the liberals can promise to solve them. They will also threaten that if the opposition is elected they will take away the privileges that the Democrats have worked so hard to enact. Charter schools are essential in these neighborhoods, but an educated population is not to the benefit of the Democrats.

Heya Grant. :2wave: Yeah, and they are bitching about the Charter schools. Course up until Emanuel became mayor. The CPS Schools had it made. As most of them were letting kids out around 130 - 2 in the afternoon. The kids had the shortest school day in the Country and it went on for years over a decade. So that's how many more kids were out and about on the streets.

So as much as I don't care for Emanuel.....he did do Right. By making the School days longer for the kids. I'll give him that much.

Heya Grant. :2wave: Yeah, and they are bitching about the Charter schools. Course up until Emanuel became mayor. The CPS Schools had it made. As most of them were letting kids out around 130 - 2 in the afternoon. The kids had the shortest school day in the Country and it went on for years over a decade. So that's how many more kids were out and about on the streets.

So as much as I don't care for Emanuel.....he did do Right. By making the School days longer for the kids. I'll give him that much.

I didn't know that, MMC. Thanks for the heads-up and yes, some credit where it belongs. Of course there are still many larger areas of serious concern where changes could be made. Cheers!

I didn't know that, MMC. Thanks for the heads-up and yes, some credit where it belongs. Of course there are still many larger areas of serious concern where changes could be made. Cheers!

Yep.....no sooner can ya give him that credit.....then he turns around and closes 61 some schools. Causing kids to cross gang boundaries. Then they had to set up a Route where Cops, parents and Teachers could walk and keep an eye out on these kids. Course costing all kinds of money. Putting up cameras and the whole bit.

Then Right before they had their start date. 2 people.....bangers. Were killed on the route while 2 others were shot. That's with more police presence and their cameras.

Heya Bronson :2wave: .....then you would be mistaken.

You sure about that? )

Chicago - 3 million

NYC - 9 million

You sure about that? )

Chicago - 3 million

NYC - 9 million

"Ah".....yeah looks like I was wrrrehwroewroerwrong on that.
V4yc9.jpg
I thought NY had like Only 6 or 7 mil. Thanks for the Info. ;)

That's alright takes at least 50 of them to make up for one of us. :mrgreen:

did you miss the part where I said "my fair city"? ;)

Unfortunately, and you are right about the need for education reform, I'm not going to co-sign on Charter Schools exclusively. I feel when you only point out one alternative, and keep going to that particular one, you're only inviting the problems of the conventional to move along with the students rather than solving the problem.

Here's my complaint with what Rahm did, and don't get me wrong, I'm all for the students having longer days, so long as those extra hours aren't merely filled ith study halls where I know things haven't hanged that much and all the kids are doing is daydreaming, passing notes, or gossiping. The problem he has, is the same as the State has, is the same as every state has in the country. The government has to honor contracts. The public sector is the only sector I know for some reason that the people in this country find it acceptable to screw over. It doesn't matter if they "deserve it" if you feel they've earned it, if you think they're too generous, none of that matters. What matters is the people and the State entered into an agreement. An employment contract whether their is actually a physical contract or not. This contract states that they do this this and this and the State will give them this this and this. This must be honored. This doesn't mean that new or fairly new employees have to receive what the old one's who are vested receive, it means that those who are vested need to get what was promised.

Now, as it regards charter schools on the south and west sides of the city. This isn't going to be enough. You need a complete overhaul. You need to bring economic opportunities to these neighborhoods, you need to bring workplace education and training centers to these neighborhoods, you need to bring renovation to real estate to these neighborhoods. Unless you do that, it doesn't mean a hill of beans what educational alternatives there are.

The problem in these havens for liberal sympathies is that the people in the neighborhoods don't want...well, let me just show you a couple signs.

View attachment 67153933

humboldtgentrifstoreslogans.jpg

l-1.jpg

as you can see the natives are less than cooperative...
"
Now when you see this type of resistance which is only sampled here, why on earth would anyone in their right mind want to try and develop these neighborhoods? I won't even get into the Million man march that would parade down Halsted should the signs read "(minority of your choosing) go home, you're not welcome, this is a White Neighborhood" in Lincoln Park...

All of this plays out well for dems though, which is why the have a stranglehold over the city.

(p.s. be sure to click on the first link you won't want to miss that one, for some reason it isn't showing)

In more timely news, Chicago's murder rate has seen a dramatic decrease from 2012 to 2013. In the 262 days that have been completed thus far in 2013, there have been 311 murders in Chicago, putting us on pace for about 433 murders this year.

Should that projection hold up, it will be the lowest murder total Chicago has seen since the 60's.

Interestingly enough, last years' total number of murders was lower than the total number of murders seen in any year between 1988 to 2004. In fact, it was one of the lowest totals seen here since the 1960's.

During my teenage years, the murder rate in Chicago was about double what it is this year. The year I graduated high school, 1995, there were 828 murders in Chicago, down significantly from the 931 in 1994.

So crime here is down, big time, despite the narrative you are hearing in the media.

This city is FAR safer than it was when I was a kid. That's a fact.

did you miss the part where I said "my fair city"? ;)

Unfortunately, and you are right about the need for education reform, I'm not going to co-sign on Charter Schools exclusively. I feel when you only point out one alternative, and keep going to that particular one, you're only inviting the problems of the conventional to move along with the students rather than solving the problem.

Here's my complaint with what Rahm did, and don't get me wrong, I'm all for the students having longer days, so long as those extra hours aren't merely filled ith study halls where I know things haven't hanged that much and all the kids are doing is daydreaming, passing notes, or gossiping. The problem he has, is the same as the State has, is the same as every state has in the country. The government has to honor contracts. The public sector is the only sector I know for some reason that the people in this country find it acceptable to screw over. It doesn't matter if they "deserve it" if you feel they've earned it, if you think they're too generous, none of that matters. What matters is the people and the State entered into an agreement. An employment contract whether their is actually a physical contract or not. This contract states that they do this this and this and the State will give them this this and this. This must be honored. This doesn't mean that new or fairly new employees have to receive what the old one's who are vested receive, it means that those who are vested need to get what was promised.

Now, as it regards charter schools on the south and west sides of the city. This isn't going to be enough. You need a complete overhaul. You need to bring economic opportunities to these neighborhoods, you need to bring workplace education and training centers to these neighborhoods, you need to bring renovation to real estate to these neighborhoods. Unless you do that, it doesn't mean a hill of beans what educational alternatives there are.

The problem in these havens for liberal sympathies is that the people in the neighborhoods don't want...well, let me just show you a couple signs.

View attachment 67153933

View attachment 67153936

View attachment 67153937

as you can see the natives are less than cooperative...
"
Now when you see this type of resistance which is only sampled here, why on earth would anyone in their right mind want to try and develop these neighborhoods? I won't even get into the Million man march that would parade down Halsted should the signs read "(minority of your choosing) go home, you're not welcome, this is a White Neighborhood" in Lincoln Park...

All of this plays out well for dems though, which is why the have a stranglehold over the city.

(p.s. be sure to click on the first link you won't want to miss that one, for some reason it isn't showing)

Plus look at the man made lake they made there and the man made beach. Looks nice but it did cost. Humboldt Park. Moreover it still didn't reduce the bangers nor their influence.

Which they are the main problem with the shootings and murders.

Plus look at the man made lake they made there and the man made beach. Looks nice but it did cost. Humboldt Park. Moreover it still didn't reduce the bangers nor their influence.

Which they are the main problem with the shootings and murders.

Yeah, I had the opportunity to buy in HP about 7 years ago on the TIF, I took a pass, everyone was saying it was the next Bucktown...Glad I dodged that bullet (pun might have been intended...)

In more timely news, Chicago's murder rate has seen a dramatic decrease from 2012 to 2013. In the 262 days that have been completed thus far in 2013, there have been 311 murders in Chicago, putting us on pace for about 433 murders this year.

Should that projection hold up, it will be the lowest murder total Chicago has seen since the 60's.

Interestingly enough, last years' total number of murders was lower than the total number of murders seen in any year between 1988 to 2004. In fact, it was one of the lowest totals seen here since the 1960's.

During my teenage years, the murder rate in Chicago was about double what it is this year. The year I graduated high school, 1995, there were 828 murders in Chicago, down significantly from the 931 in 1994.

So crime here is down, big time, despite the narrative you are hearing in the media.

This city is FAR safer than it was when I was a kid. That's a fact.

Yeah, well the media does state it differently like they did in Jan of this year. From Chuck Goudie and the I Team Report.

Chicago murder rate far worse than during Al Capone 'gangland' days
Friday, February 01, 2013

February 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- In this I-Team report, Chicago's rising murder rate in a new context, how the numbers of shooting deaths compare to the city's most notorious crime era, the one that has tarnished Chicago's reputation around the world for a century.

The surprising stats show the city is worse off now in the category of murder than at the height of the era that has driven Chicago's reputation for almost a century, Capone's "gangland" Chicago.

Let's compare two months: January 1929, leading up to the St. Valentine's Day Massacre, and last month, January 2013. Forty-two people were killed in Chicago last month, the most in January since 2002, and far worse than the city's most notorious crime era at the end of the Roaring Twenties.

In January 1992 there were 77 murders in Chicago. That is the January record. Most of the murders then and this year were with guns. That was also the case in 1929.

There was no real gun control back in Capone's day. The first national firearms act wasn't signed until 1934. It required approval of the local police chief, federally registered fingerprints, federal background check and a $200 tax.....snip~

Chicago murder rate far worse than during Al Capone 'gangland' days | abc7chicago.com

Back
Top Bottom