• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chicago Murders --- Why isn't gun control working? Where's the outrage?

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Here's a website that posts the murders of Chicagoans - sorted by month and year. The link goes to this month - but add 6 more people to the list from just this weekend. Why isn't strict gun control working and where is the outrage here?

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2016-chicago-murders

That data is interesting, but not exactly useful for forming conclusions. What would the murder rate be without those laws? That's the key piece of info we need to see before claiming the laws are ineffective or not.

Gun laws are never 100% effective anywhere in the world, but that's not the same as saying they're not effective at all.

Here's a website that posts the murders of Chicagoans - sorted by month and year. The link goes to this month - but add 6 more people to the list from just this weekend. Why isn't strict gun control working and where is the outrage here?

Because the gangs are well established enough to have money to burn picking up weapons illegally, well organized enough to survive the turnover of leadership, well armed enough to give CPD problems, and ruthless enough that people are terrified of crossing them.

Chicago isn't an island. The surrounding areas in Illinois have laxer gun laws as well as near by Indiana.

the Democrats cannot use it to bash our rights and the killers are mostly the people the Democrat party sees as constituents

it also proves gun bans don't stop gang bangers

Chicago isn't an island. The surrounding areas in Illinois have laxer gun laws as well as near by Indiana.

true, and gun crime rates much much much lower than the place where the Democrat party disarms honest citizens

Because it's not enforced at the borders, simple.

This is the same reason that all local gun controls have limited efficacy- you just have to drive farther to buy a gun.

Outrage? Come on...black perpetrators...black victims. No one gives a **** about the victims and to address the perpetrators might be construed as 'racist'. Cant have that.

So why do the surrounding areas not have even higher murder rates???

Because it's not enforced at the borders, simple.

This is the same reason that all local gun controls have limited efficacy- you just have to drive farther to buy a gun.

Not so simple. If it is about access to firearms, why do the areas from which the firearms are imported, not see similar murder rates?

The outrage is that gun control canNOT work if it's not the law EVERYWHERE. Strict gun control laws can't work if the same laws aren't in effect everywhere, instead of this stupid patchwork of strict laws here, loose laws there. Most gun-rights activists know this, but refuse to admit it, and instead try to use the results of the above mentioned patchwork as an excuse to say "see, they don't work!"

The outrage is that gun control canNOT work if it's not the law EVERYWHERE. Strict gun control laws can't work if the same laws aren't in effect everywhere, instead of this stupid patchwork of strict laws here, loose laws there. Most gun-rights activists know this, but refuse to admit it, and instead try to use the results of the above mentioned patchwork as an excuse to say "see, they don't work!"

Good, if you believe this then give the **** up already.. Unless is important enough to you to have another civil war over, because that's what it would take, then drop it..

Lets see, what are our options..

A. Civil war, millions of lives lost, confiscate guns.. In all reality you liberal banners would probably loose anyway.. Who do you think the people that have all the guns and know how to use them are? The military? I bet they aren't banners..

B. Quit annoying us with your constant attack on our rights.. Before you loose a civil war..

If some dude wants to rob a liquor store or kill a rival drug dealer or perhaps enjoy a good old fashioned drive-by, I think that stricter gun laws are EXACTLY what we need to get this person on the right side of the law. Once we outlaw guns, surely they will stop their life of crime, being the law-abiding citizens that they are. :doh

So basically, you admit that the gun control laws in cities like Chicago are not working, but in other areas, say Indiana or Virginia or North Carolina with far less strict laws, there are less gun deaths so the laws must be working better. So your solution is to extend the laws that aren't working to areas where they are working.

Have I got that correct?

Explain then how England's murder rate didn't change after they banned handguns.

au contraire....Chicago is an island. A long time island of govt. corruption, voter fraud, gangstas, moonshine, drug running and murdering scum...in the middle of some very nice farm land and good people.

the Democrats cannot use it to bash our rights and the killers are mostly the people the Democrat party sees as constituents

You would think so called edjeeecated libs could get this....BUT THEY DON'T. :cool:

true, and gun crime rates much much much lower than the place where the Democrat party disarms honest citizens

But libs don't get that either.....

Outrage? Come on...black perpetrators...black victims. No one gives a **** about the victims and to address the perpetrators might be construed as 'racist'. Cant have that.

All the Democratic party does, is give lip service and make promises....and this has been going on for over 40 years.......are these Black people just stupid? They don't see what the lying liberal Dems are doing.

Gun control is not working because guns are not the problem.

BINGO!!!

Here is what I know.......you don't have a clue what you are talking about.......

Good, if you believe this then give the **** up already.. Unless is important enough to you to have another civil war over, because that's what it would take, then drop it..

Lets see, what are our options..

A. Civil war, millions of lives lost, confiscate guns.. In all reality you liberal banners would probably loose anyway.. Who do you think the people that have all the guns and know how to use them are? The military? I bet they aren't banners..

B. Quit annoying us with your constant attack on our rights.. Before you loose a civil war..

MEGA DITTOS!!! :applaud

If some dude wants to rob a liquor store or kill a rival drug dealer or perhaps enjoy a good old fashioned drive-by, I think that stricter gun laws are EXACTLY what we need to get this person on the right side of the law. Once we outlaw guns, surely they will stop their life of crime, being the law-abiding citizens that they are. :doh

Shirley!

So basically, you admit that the gun control laws in cities like Chicago are not working, but in other areas, say Indiana or Virginia or North Carolina with far less strict laws, there are less gun deaths so the laws must be working better. So your solution is to extend the laws that aren't working to areas where they are working.

Have I got that correct?

Mega Snicker!

Yes, obviously the "Democrat Party" courts gangbangers. :roll:

Gun control isn't working because criminals don't pay a tinker'sDAM to gun control. If the murders were happening in Chicago suburbs, just five miles from the city border, local gvmt said would ask for the National Guard. I figure the City of Chicago figures the gangs (who are responsible for the outrageous number of homicides) are expendable.

The communities have a hard time helping themselves...snitches are bitches, after all. My mom would've lived in a cardboard box under a bridge before she would have put me in that danger...yet little kids are killed there "by accident" pretty regularly. Yikes.

The whole region is a disaster. My hometown Rockford is on this list as the #10 most violent city in America, Milwaukee is #9, And Detroit is #1.

By the numbers: Here are the 20 ‘most dangerous’ cities in America | FOX31 Denver

It is crazy what happened to Rockford. The place was never spiritually OK after the Dutch Elm Disease came through and and took the cities most valuable possession around 1960, during the mid 70's it was clear that the economy was starting to rot, but it was relatively safe. But man after we starting to send our industry overseas in the 80's the place just really went to Hell.

Last edited:

Shh!! Reality scares people.

Detroit is #1.

Been in Detroit for the last month straight for work and will likely be there all summer.. Working on the street doing sidewalks, driveways, curbs, ashfault, and lawn repairs such as sodding and seeding.. Needless to say I am getting a good dose of the local cultureS..

One of these days I will post a synopsis of my observations to this board.. It will not be PC..

Teaser..

Black areas are trashed and they are the most racist people I have ever scene in my life.. Become straight up sesspools at about 5pm and by 7 ish we GTFO.. Deal drugs and smoke blunts right infront of us, talking about "what do you want me to steal".. Streets are littered with HUNDREDS of whippet containers everywhere they throw them out like cigarett butts..

Muslim areas are slathered in government money they are always asking for anything they think they can get for free at times being very demanding.. And I've has hem lie their asses off to try to get us to do things for them that is not part of our contract..

Mexicans are kinda nice actually, a lot of work trucks in there areas and people actually leaving in the day for work as opposed to especially the muslim areas (GTFO of our way so we can pour your new sidewalks).. They are quite friendly chatting with us also..

Indiana will not sell to out of state residents.

Back
Top Bottom