• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chicago Mayor pushes back against question about rioters being encouraged by 'lack of consequences'

Michael Johnson

Libturd Destroyer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Hell's Kitchen - Where I cook Lying Libs for break
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot on monday pushed back after a reporter questioned whether rioters and looters who caused more than $60 million in property damage overnight had been emboldened by the "lack of consequences" during summer rioting in the city after the police custody death of george floyd.

Even the reporters are seeing the writing on the wall! LOL

No excuses whatsoever! And the BLM terrorists have been emboldened enough to come out on national television and say the riots and looting are "justified reparations!

The reporter directed his question to Chicago Police Superintendent David Brown during an afternoon press conference.

"It almost sounds as though you were saying the reason we have this is the courts and the prosecutors were not doing their job, that they were going too easy on the looters from the last time around," the reporter asks.

"Don't take it from me. Just go about what's been done. There were no consequences for the people arrested," Brown replied.

How right you are, Chief! Nothing permanent has been done to the thugs! Which is why the police department has thousands of unsolved cases going back decades! And why the shooters keep shooting every day! They know the department is overworked and under manned! Trump needs send a minimum of 20,000 extra officers to overwhelm the stronghold of gangs and drug traffickers that plague the city!

Lightfoot then stepped up to the podium and accused the reporter of trying to pit city officials against the police department.

"Do not bait us. This is a serious situation," Lightfoot said. "People are concerned about their safety. Officers are concerned about their safety. So, don't bait us. What we're saying is, as a result of what happened last night, there have to be consequences. We've got teams of people that are aggressively out there identifying the people responsible, looking at the plates, and working on bringing them to justice."

"When we do make those arrests, our expectation is that is going to be treated with the level of seriousness that it should be. Don't try to bait us, mischaracterize, pit one against the other. We're not playing that. We're in a serious situation here, and we need a serious response."

The typical emotional response from a Lying Lib when called on their apparent hypocrisy and lack of accountability! Deflect and resort to ad hominems!

I told you Libs time and time again you cannot run away from this! The evidence is piling against you!

Brown suggested that the lenient treatment of people who were arrested during the summer unrest over the death of George Floyd, played a role in what happened in Chicago overnight.

"Not many of those cases were prosecuted to the full extent," Brown said. "These looters, these thieves, these criminals being emboldened by (the lack of) consequences....emboldened to do more."

He added that many of the arrests made during May and June, were not "prosecuted the fullest extent."

"We have to have consequences for the arrests that Chicago police officers make through great threat to their own safety. They're being shot at to make these arrests," Brown said.

Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx has disputed any suggestion that her office had shied away from prosecuting people who were arrested for ransacking businesses weeks ago. She said none of those cases had been dropped.

"That is simply not true," she said. "Those cases are coming to court now."

No they're not, Lying Lib. You keep releasing them back onto the streets where they continue their rampage.

Kim Foxx drops more felony cases as Cook County state’s attorney than her predecessor - Chicago Tribune

Chicago Mayor Lightfoot pushes back against question about rioters being encouraged by '''lack of consequences''' | Fox News

The Chicago Mayor and Police will do little else but bitch about this, perhaps an arrest or two and that will be the end of it.

... onto next weekend's likely double digit body count and bloodshed the city is becoming world known for.

Even the reporters are seeing the writing on the wall! LOL

No excuses whatsoever! And the BLM terrorists have been emboldened enough to come out on national television and say the riots and looting are "justified reparations!

How right you are, Chief! Nothing permanent has been done to the thugs! Which is why the police department has thousands of unsolved cases going back decades! And why the shooters keep shooting every day! They know the department is overworked and under manned! Trump needs send a minimum of 20,000 extra officers to overwhelm the stronghold of gangs and drug traffickers that plague the city!

The typical emotional response from a Lying Lib when called on their apparent hypocrisy and lack of accountability! Deflect and resort to ad hominems!

I told you Libs time and time again you cannot run away from this! The evidence is piling against you!

Chicago Mayor Lightfoot pushes back against question about rioters being encouraged by '''lack of consequences''' | Fox News

You're over the edge. Official lunatic-fringe radical right. People like you are the reason we need the lunatic-fringe radical left, because extremism on one side needs to be countered by extremism on the other side if a balanced centre is to be found.
Go give a big, sloppy Covid kiss to an ANTIFA activist. He and you are soul mates.

The Chicago Mayor and Police will do little else but bitch about this, perhaps an arrest or two and that will be the end of it.

... onto next weekend's likely double digit body count and bloodshed the city is becoming world known for.

Atlanta's murder rate is 20.2 per 100,000.

Chicago's is 15.65 per 100,000.

I am unsure what you are on about.

Mayor Beetlejuice is breathing down the neck of Brown. I'm sure after that press conference she gave him a piece of her mind after he basically told the truth about the violence in Chicago to the media.

The media has also been a willing accomplice. They dont get to act like thier hands are clean.
My response to the mayor, the prosecutor, and the media is this:
[emoji91] Burn baby, burn[emoji91]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mayor Beetlejuice is breathing down the neck of Brown. I'm sure after that press conference she gave him a piece of her mind after he basically told the truth about the violence in Chicago to the media.

No one cares... not Democrats or Republicans, not CNN or FoxNews, not BLM or anyone else anywhere near association with civil rights.

The only reason this one made the news is it caught everyone off guard and it makes them look bad. That is it.

Next weekend when 10+ people are gunned down in somewhere in Chicago only two things will happen. FoxNews will run plenty of political opportunism coverage of the whole thing, ever giving a care to whoever died. CNN and other left leaning news organizations will gloss over the story quickly assuming they even mention it, again never giving a care to whoever died.

As for "lack of consequences"... that misses the point, and has for decades now, right up to the point that we have the largest criminal justice system and are the incarceration capital of the planet.

The issue has always been sociology and economics, but no one wants to talk about that.

In the meantime, more violence is on the way. Count on it. Not because of anything I want or do not want, because no one cares.

Next weekend when 10+ people are gunned down in somewhere in Chicago only two things will happen.

Your city is worse than Chicago.

Get that beam out of your eye, my dude.

Over100 arrests were made in real time. More are coming thanks to plate number identification and video surveillance.

"Greater consequences" has never been a policy proven to be an effective deterrent. The death penalty still exists, it doesn't deter murder. If LWOP or death don't deter crime, how could any consequences? What else you got? Wanna add torture to the sentence? Maybe punish their families? Because that's the only place you have to go.

Edit: Some right winger is going to interpret this and respond as if I said "therefore no crime should ever be punished," and I am preemptively warning that person that I'm going to laugh at their dumb response.

You're over the edge.

Nope. Your Lib city is over the edge.

Official lunatic-fringe radical right. People like you are the reason we need the lunatic-fringe radical left, because extremism on one side needs to be countered by extremism on the other side if a balanced centre is to be found.

So in addition to ad hominems, you're attempting to justify leftist terrorism because you dislike the fact that Chiraq's bloody reputation is constantly being addressed in the media. LOL

Go give a big, sloppy Covid kiss to an ANTIFA activist. He and you are soul mates.

LOL yeah keep those ad hominems coming. How about you redirect some of that misdirected anger right back at the criminals running rampant in Chiraq? Can't do that, right?

You're over the edge. Official lunatic-fringe radical right. People like you are the reason we need the lunatic-fringe radical left, because extremism on one side needs to be countered by extremism on the other side if a balanced centre is to be found.
I love this post but I could of written the same thing except I would put the blame on your side. I marvel at how our partisan views can effect our objectivity.
The bigger question for me is what is the path forward to getting both sides to disarm the extreme elements of their party. How do we meet in the middle when nobody trusts anyone to be reasonable and act in good faith?

No one cares... not Democrats or Republicans, not CNN or FoxNews, not BLM or anyone else anywhere near association with civil rights.

The only reason this one made the news is it caught everyone off guard and it makes them look bad. That is it.

Next weekend when 10+ people are gunned down in somewhere in Chicago only two things will happen. FoxNews will run plenty of political opportunism coverage of the whole thing, ever giving a care to whoever died. CNN and other left leaning news organizations will gloss over the story quickly assuming they even mention it, again never giving a care to whoever died.

As for "lack of consequences"... that misses the point, and has for decades now, right up to the point that we have the largest criminal justice system and are the incarceration capital of the planet.

The issue has always been sociology and economics, but no one wants to talk about that.

In the meantime, more violence is on the way. Count on it. Not because of anything I want or do not want, because no one cares.

Republicans care more about blacks than Dems do. And Trump has done more than Mayor Beetlejuice has.

Your point is to hate on Chicago because you've been told that it's this horrible war zone, when your own city is far worse.

You don't care about dead people, either. They're a talking point you can pretend to care about in an effort to push your agenda.

Atlanta's murder rate is 20.2 per 100,000.

Chicago's is 15.65 per 100,000.

I am unsure what you are on about.

Atlanta has more dead black bodies than Chicago!
Oh well then...never mind:roll:

Atlanta has more dead black bodies than Chicago!
Oh well then...never mind:roll:

Sorry I ****ed up your Fox News two minute hate.

Republicans care more about blacks than Dems do. And Trump has done more than Mayor Beetlejuice has.

"Blacks"... of course.

And you would be wrong, no matter what President OrangeGlow tells you.

Your point is to hate on Chicago because you've been told that it's this horrible war zone, when your own city is far worse.

You don't care about dead people, either. They're a talking point you can pretend to care about in an effort to push your agenda.

And you would still be wrong.

Trump has done more for black Americans than Obama, certainly.
Lightfoot is a lightweight and completely out of her depth. It's so obvious. I can't imagine anyone living there who would defend what's going on in that city.
I love that Trump is taking it right to these failed Democrats in their failed Democrat sholes. Name them. Isolate them. Shine the brightest spotlight possible on them.
Make them answer for rather being woke upholding the Constitution and protecting their citizens.

Over100 arrests were made in real time. More are coming thanks to plate number identification and video surveillance.
Better late than never I suppose but if they dont make examples of these people it will continue to happen.

Sorry I ****ed up your Fox News two minute hate.

Oh this isn't from FOX, dear. It's from Chicago local news.
You see, you can't hide this **** anymore. The looting. The violence. The crime. The dead bodies. The CHILDREN taking bullets.
You can deflect and ad hom, but America has been watching and deciding what they want.
Democrats sholes coming to their suburbs, or Trump's law, order, prosperity and liberty.

Better late than never I suppose but if they dont make examples of these people it will continue to happen.

ALL this **** can turn around FAST if and when these anti-America activists disguised as elected officials decide to uphold their oaths, act as leaders and utilize the LAW to stop the rampant crime and destruction.

The arrests were made while the looting was taking place. CPD don't take no ****. The only real long term solution to these sorts of incidents and gang crime(this goes for all metropolitan cities) investment, the local Alderman need to get off of their asses and bring in jobs and work to build infrastructure and help fund the local schools. All of this WITHOUT displacing the residents as gentrification does with rezoning and Alderman taking money from developers to build $500.000 condos that serve no one except those that can afford them. There is also a strong need for more community outreach organizations like CRED ans Cease Fire.

Back
Top Bottom