• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chicago Mayor pushes back against question about rioters being encouraged by 'lack of consequences'

Trump has done more for black Americans than Obama, certainly.
Lightfoot is a lightweight and completely out of her depth. It's so obvious. I can't imagine anyone living there who would defend what's going on in that city.
I love that Trump is taking it right to these failed Democrats in their failed Democrat sholes. Name them. Isolate them. Shine the brightest spotlight possible on them.
Make them answer for rather being woke upholding the Constitution and protecting their citizens.

Trump should file federal charges against her. I'd be willing to replace her with Brown since for the most part he's not afraid to tell the truth like it is even with that Beetlejuice looking beast looming over him.

"Greater consequences" has never been a policy proven to be an effective deterrent. The death penalty still exists, it doesn't deter murder. If LWOP or death don't deter crime, how could any consequences? What else you got? Wanna add torture to the sentence? Maybe punish their families? Because that's the only place you have to go.

Edit: Some right winger is going to interpret this and respond as if I said "therefore no crime should ever be punished," and I am preemptively warning that person that I'm going to laugh at their dumb response.

I laughed first so your response in my thread was already dumb.:lamo

Your lame ass argument only sounds good to the unaware because your Libs choose not to prosecute to the full extent of the law.

And yes your response does show that you don't want crime to be punished.

And I'm gonna laugh some more. LOL

Trump should file federal charges against her. I'd be willing to replace her with Brown since for the most part he's not afraid to tell the truth like it is even with that Beetlejuice looking beast looming over him.

Chicago and other cities will be sued for damages and even murders, because of their inexplicable abject failure to protect citizens and property. To withhold enforcing the law and withhold local, state and Federal protection and aid has been criminal. These riots and mass crime have been aided and abetted by Democrat officials and they should pay.
They've chosen opportunity over duty.

The realities are that cities are becoming obsolete. There's not much point in retail stores when Amazon is delivering 2nd day, and Covid is a threat to shoppers. What was the beauty of urban areas is being destroyed by statue bashers and miscreants that pee in parks with impunity. Work at home is becoming more attractive to business owners. The internet has changed the dynamics of what employment means, so in a nutshell, the rioters are simply the last vestige of what will soon become a wasteland. The only thing Chicago will be good for - as per most cities - will be its airport and a few - I hope - heavily guarded museums. Thanks!!

The realities are that cities are becoming obsolete. There's not much point in retail stores when Amazon is delivering 2nd day, and Covid is a threat to shoppers. What was the beauty of urban areas is being destroyed by statue bashers and miscreants that pee in parks with impunity. Work at home is becoming more attractive to business owners. The internet has changed the dynamics of what employment means, so in a nutshell, the rioters are simply the last vestige of what will soon become a wasteland. The only thing Chicago will be good for - as per most cities - will be its airport and a few - I hope - heavily guarded museums. Thanks!!

I used to risk my life for the food in Chicago. And you're right about the phenomenal museums.

Damn shame how Libs can destroy a once beautiful city.

I'll never forget that BLMatard having the nerve to say the recent looting in Chiraq was justified reparations and the businesses have insurance.

And no Lib has condemned this mess.

Will Amazon deliver power?

Will Amazon deal with sewage?

No, there will be continue to be cities and there will continue to be hayseeds.

Will Amazon deliver power?

Will Amazon deal with sewage?

No, there will be continue to be cities and there will continue to be hayseeds.

As long as Libs have control over Chiraq the city will continue to be a shell of itself. Fixed it for you.

As long as Libs have control over Chiraq the city will continue to be a shell of itself. Fixed it for you.

Yeah, at an annual gross production of $609 billion, it's a shell. :lol:

Economy.

So what you're saying is that because the city government is running at a deficit, no businesses are making money? Is that what you're saying? You're so adorable.

The city is a ****hole destroyed by LeftLies. Face it.

Next time you wanna get cute read the ****ing stats.

I provided you with stats. Chicago isn't a shell at all. I know this offends your sensibilities and bruises your feelings, but it's still one of the top cities, economically, in the world.

Beats the hell out of Mayberry or whatever idealized version America you are thinking of, at any rate.

I'm on topic, you ironically aren't. You think pulling up some WBC bull**** is gonna derail the thread? It won't.

I'm sorry Chicago is doing so well. It must keep you up at night.

I provided you with stats. Chicago isn't a shell at all. I know this offends your sensibilities and bruises your feelings, but it's still one of the top cities, economically, in the world.

Beats the hell out of Mayberry or whatever idealized version America you are thinking of, at any rate.

Wrong again. Chiraq is in a **** load of debt with hardly any assets. No city with a top violent reputation is going to have a strong financial portfolio.

But go ahead with your laughable daydreaming as a poor attempt to avoid discussion of the looting, rioting, and mass killings in Chiraq.

Chiraq is not doing well. What keeps me up at night is the threat of domestic Lib terrorists.

It has one of the best economies in the country.

It is not even in the top 20 cities for murder rate, despite all the screaming you guys do.

I know this bugs you. I know you are desperate to portray it as a pack of feral savages. But, sadly, it's one of the most functional cities left in a decaying nation, so you're gonna have to stay mad.

It has one of the best economies in the country.

False. The city is riddled with debt.

It is not even in the top 20 cities for murder rate, despite all the screaming you guys do.

False again, despite all of the ignorance you post.

I know this bugs you. I know you are desperate to portray it as a pack of feral savages. But, sadly, it's one of the most functional cities left in a decaying nation, so you're gonna have to stay mad.

Nope. You came to my thread bitching, so you're going to have to stay crying because your Liberal ****hole keeps getting exposed.

Chicago is far from a ****hole. I live in the most ethnically diverse neighborhood in Chicago and far from the most affluent. It is a perfect day outside. In a bit I'm going to take a walk and go pick up some produce from our local farm stand store. I suggest spending more time in your community and less time posting things on the internet that you apparently know very little about.

Chicago is far from a ****hole. I live in the most ethnically diverse neighborhood in Chicago and far from the most affluent. It is a perfect day outside. In a bit I'm going to take a walk and go pick up some produce from our local farm stand store. I suggest spending more time in your community and less time posting things on the internet that you apparently know very little about.

I suggest you spend more time cleaning up Chiraq instead of bitching to me about your sensitivities to this topic.

Chiraq is a ****hole and your party is responsible for it. Decades of ineptitude and destruction. Get over it.

I suggest you spend more time cleaning up Chiraq instead of bitching to me about your sensitivities to this topic.

Chiraq is a ****hole and your party is responsible for it. Decades of ineptitude and destruction. Get over it.

You need more fiber in your diet. And as another poster stated. Chicago isn't even in the top 20 NeighborhoodScout’s Murder Capitals of America – 2020 - NeighborhoodScout
The murder capital of America isn’t Chicago, but it is in Illinois for the second straight year. With nearly one murder per 1,000 residents, this year’s murder capital is East St. Louis, IL and has a murder rate 17.5 times the national average, and 4 times Chicago’s murder rate.

Louisiana has the highest number of murder capitals on the list with 4. Jackson, MS fell off the list this year with a pretty impressive drop from 60 to 37 homicides and a significant decrease in the overall violent crime rate. No cities in the entire New York-New England region or the western U.S. made the list.

Big cities and small, our crime research reveals the 30 cities in America with the highest number of murders per 1,000 residents. Murder is the willful (non-negligent) killing of one human being by another. We limited our research to cities with 25,000 or more people. Data used for this research are the number of murders reported to have occurred in each city, and the population of each city.

Crime data we use are the most recent data the FBI classifies as ‘Final, non-preliminary.’ It is the most up-to-date and fully vetted data with complete national coverage that is available. We insist on using Final, Non-Preliminary data for our analyses and analytics, rather than basing our research on preliminary data that may need to be updated or have errors in it. Based on the latest national data available at the time of publication, representing calendar year 2018 and released in September 2019, this report reveals interesting patterns about crime and murder in America.

Click on any city in the list below to see a full crime report and neighborhood crime map. For more information, see our FAQ on how we rank the cities with the highest murder rates in America.

Back
Top Bottom