• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chicago Mayor Bans Protestors on Her Block

Schism

Destroyer of Propaganda
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Lori Lightfoot defends ban on protesters on her block, citing her right to safety | www.foxnews.com

The Democratic mayor said her family required heightened security due to the threats she receives daily.​

Mayor Lori Lightfoot defended the Chicago Police Department banning protesters from the block where she lives, citing her right to safety.

The Democratic mayor said her family requires heightened security due to threats she receives, but did not elaborate.

“I think that residents of this city, understanding the nature of the threats that we are receiving on a daily basis, on a daily basis, understand I have a right to make sure that my home is secure,” Lightfoot said, according to the Chicago Tribune.

She said comparisons to how the police department protected previous mayors’ homes, such as that of Rahm Emanuel, were unfair because: “This is a different time like no other,” Lightfoot told reporters.

After massive street protests after the killing of George Floyd in May, Chicago police banned protests near the mayor’s home. Officers were instructed to arrest anyone protesting near her Logan Square residence.

Leaders in the Democratic Party, like Lori Lightfoot, Ted Wheeler, Pelosi, Schumer, et al, are elite, arrogant snobs that deserve police protection while your businesses are looted, burned, and destroyed. So you're out of work because your home and business are in the riot zone? Too bad, loser. Suck it up. Lori doesn't care if you're financially ruined. She's getting paid.

That woman is a piece of work. BUt hey, liberals vote these dopes into power so they get what they deserve. The weekend is coming in Chiraq. ~70 people will get shot but Lori Lightweight will be safe in her home and likely will get her hair cut so she looks good in front of the cameras.

That woman is a piece of work. BUt hey, liberals vote these dopes into power so they get what they deserve. The weekend is coming in Chiraq. ~70 people will get shot but Lori Lightweight will be safe in her home and likely will get her hair cut so she looks good in front of the cameras.

Beetlejuice will never look good in front of any camera.

Trump gassed people so he could do a photo op and you guys hypocritically complain about this? All Trump supporters can **** off.

Trump gassed people so he could do a photo op and you guys hypocritically complain about this? All Trump supporters can **** off.

So you support the mayor restricting the right to peacefully protest on her block?

So you support the mayor restricting the right to peacefully protest on her block?

Did the mayor gas those protestors? If not, she did less than Trump did for a bible photo op. Do you support Trump gassing folks for a photo op?

Did the mayor gas those protestors? If not, she did less than Trump did for a bible photo op. Do you support Trump gassing folks for a photo op?

So are you ok with the mayor denying people the right to peacefully protest and have them arrested on her block as long as she doesn't gas anyone?

Trump is not the topic of this thread no matter hiw much you wish to derail it.

Lori Lightfoot defends ban on protesters on her block, citing her right to safety | www.foxnews.com

Leaders in the Democratic Party, like Lori Lightfoot, Ted Wheeler, Pelosi, Schumer, et al, are elite, arrogant snobs that deserve police protection while your businesses are looted, burned, and destroyed. So you're out of work because your home and business are in the riot zone? Too bad, loser. Suck it up. Lori doesn't care if you're financially ruined. She's getting paid.

What happened to my first amendment right to protest racial injustice.
These people are such hypocrites and the people in Chicago are stupid to continue to vote them into power.

Yea trump gassed people who where violent. I have no sympathy.
Trump called in the national guard to protect people and property. In comparison lightfoot has problems protecting businesses and people’s safety. How many black people dead or shot in the last months, hundreds. Lightfoot does care.

So are you ok with the mayor denying people the right to peacefully protest and have them arrested on her block as long as she doesn't gas anyone?

Seems Trump set the standards on what is allowed don't you? He's president and all, lead by example.

Trump is not the topic of this thread no matter hiw much you wish to derail it.

Of course he is. that's the GOLD standard, so are you against the gold standard he set?

What will lightfoot do if her order is not followed. Will she arrest the protesters?
I think I would rather be gassed than arrested and charged.

Yea trump gassed people who where violent. I have no sympathy.
Trump called in the national guard to protect people and property. In comparison lightfoot has problems protecting businesses and people’s safety. How many black people dead or shot in the last months, hundreds. Lightfoot does care.

So you have no problem with what the mayor did and they didn't even gas the protestors. Good to know you support the mayor. This is what you get supporting Trump, he set the standard and the mayor didn't even gas anyone like your HERO did.

What will lightfoot do if her order is not followed. Will she arrest the protesters?
I think I would rather be gassed than arrested and charged.

Well if she followed your Hero's standards, she would gas them for a photo op. Let me know when that happens like your Hero Trump did.

Seems Trump set the standards on what is allowed don't you? He's president and all, lead by example.

Of course he is. that's the GOLD standard, so are you against the gold standard he set?

Well I guess if you can't defend her actions you can hope the look over there ploy works.

So do you support Lightfoot denying people the right to peacefully protest in her neighborhood?

Well I guess if you can't defend her actions you can hope the look over there ploy works.

So do you support Lightfoot denying people the right to peacefully protest in her neighborhood?

So you defend your hero's Trump standards of just gassing people instead right? Why won't you answer those questions? I guess if she gassed them you'd support her actions. That is what YOU are saying. So sorry she isn't doing what YOU would support.

So you defend your hero's Trump standards of just gassing people instead right? Why won't you answer those questions? I guess if she gassed them you'd support her actions. That is what YOU are saying. So sorry she isn't doing what YOU would support.

Blah Blah once you answer the question I asked you then I will show you the same respect until then keep derailing and going off topic if that's all you have.

Blah Blah once you answer the question I asked you then I will show you the same respect until then keep derailing and going off topic if that's all you have.

Ok so you are OK with Trump gassing people for a photo op with a bible, but you complain about this. Thank you for admitting you are ok with Trump gassing people for a photo op with a bible but you some how feel yourself against this mayor. Yeah your comments can piss off. You're comments are hypocritical garbage as people thought. You're dismissed. Go cry your outrage to some dumb **** paint sniffing trump supporter like you try to gain sympathy from.

Ok so you are OK with Trump gassing people for a photo op with a bible, but you complain about this. Thank you for admitting you are ok with Trump gassing people for a photo op with a bible but you some how feel yourself against this mayor. Yeah your comments can piss off. You're comments are hypocritical garbage as people thought. You're dismissed. Go cry your outrage to some dumb **** paint sniffing trump supporter like you try to gain sympathy from.

No need for peraonal insults. I have admitted nothing and will happily converse once you answer the question posed to you. That's how a conversation works you answer a question I answer a question.

Lightfoot has been a terrible mayor who has failed to protect Chicago from the rioters.

No need for peraonal insults. I have admitted nothing and will happily converse once you answer the question posed to you. That's how a conversation works you answer a question I answer a question.

Another Trump supporter who doesn't understand that criticizing their comments isn't a personal attack. You admitted everything I claimed and have NOTHING in defense. go continue on lying about everything else you can. Lying comments are all you have.

Another Trump supporter who doesn't understand that criticizing their comments isn't a personal attack. You admitted everything I claimed and have NOTHING in defense. go continue on lying about everything else you can. Lying comments are all you have.

Once you answer the question I will happily repay the favor. Until then you are speculating and assuming.

Stop trying to derail the thread.

The topic is Chicago mayor Lori Lightfoot's double standards: her security vs. her constituents security. We know this is a democrat thing because this is exactly what Minneapolis city council members did after defunding police and getting threats anyways.Ditto for Portland mayor Ted Wheeler and Seattle mayor Jenny Durkin.

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." Animal Farm, by George Orwell."

"Rules for thee, but not for me!"

It's important to note, and impossible to ignore - these protesters are lashing out at their own mayor. Lori Lightfoot is afraid of Chicagoans. Here's the first black, female, lesbian mayor - how perfect is that trifecta for equality? - and the local populace is angry at her.

Not federal troops, not Trump, not the GOP...but rather their own mayor. She was supposed to have been one of their own.

What happened? More broken promises and lies. Another bull****ter democrat.

Once you answer the question I will happily repay the favor. Until then you are speculating and assuming.

Sorry I asked the question first.

Stop trying to derail the thread.

The topic is Chicago mayor Lori Lightfoot's double standards: her security vs. her constituents security. We know this is a democrat thing because this is exactly what Minneapolis city council members did after defunding police and getting threats anyways.Ditto for Portland mayor Ted Wheeler and Seattle mayor Jenny Durkin.

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." Animal Farm, by George Orwell."

"Rules for thee, but not for me!"

It's important to note, and impossible to ignore - these protesters are lashing out at their own mayor. Lori Lightfoot is afraid of Chicagoans. Here's the first black, female, lesbian mayor - how perfect is that trifecta for equality? - and the local populace is angry at her.

Not federal troops, not Trump, not the GOP...but rather their own mayor. She was supposed to have been one of their own.

What happened? More broken promises and lies. Another bull****ter democrat.

My questions stand, deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom