• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chicago Bears= NFC North champs !

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The Chicago Bears have a well rounded and balanced team this year.
1. Jay Cutler is a young pro-bowl caliber qb coming of an off year learning a new system.
2. Matt Forte is an excellent Rb who averages 1,000 yds rushing, aswell as being an excellent reciever out of the back field and a good blocker who can pick up blitzes. Along with chester taylor, da bears have an excellent 1-2 punch.
3. Greg Olson is one of the best tight ends in the NFL, he is also young,fast and has good hands. Along with desmond clark a solid 1-2 punch.
4. Devin Hester and Johnny Knox are two of the fastest wr's in the NFL, Knox was in the pro bowl last year as a rookie, and we all know about devin Hester.
5. Are offensive line is good, they have had also a year to gel even more.
6. Are defense has always traditionally been good, this year is no different. Chicago Bears lead the NFL in turnovers the past few years also. Their play was off last year because of injuries. Urlacher, Briggs, Harris, Peppers, and Tillman are among the best defensive players in the nfl today, also zach bowman the cb quietly had 6int's last year in only his second NFL season after being drafted in the fifth round.
7. Are special teams have been in the top 3 in the league for more than a few consecutive seasons now. Robbie Gould is a pro bowl fg kicker.
8. Favre is gone, which will hurt the vikes.
9. lions suck
10. The packers are a good team, but not as well rounded in all areas like the bears.

Yah, Favre is really gone. Suuuuuuuuuuure.

And you're praising Cutler? Really? We thinking of the same guy? Vanderbilt guy? Led the NFL in turnovers last year? 2 to 1 pick/TD ratio?

The Bears are a 6-10 team just waiting to happen.

And you're praising Cutler? Really? We thinking of the same guy? Vanderbilt guy? Led the NFL in turnovers last year? 2 to 1 pick/TD ratio?

Yes, im praising cutler, the guy just had an off year adjusting to a new team. And favre said he's not coming back. Don't disregard the bears defense, and special teams also.

1. Jay Cutler is a young pro-bowl caliber qb coming of an off year learning a new system.
2. Matt Forte is an excellent Rb who averages 1,000 yds rushing, aswell as being an excellent reciever out of the back field and a good blocker who can pick up blitzes. Along with chester taylor, da bears have an excellent 1-2 punch.
3. Greg Olson is one of the best tight ends in the NFL, he is also young,fast and has good hands. Along with desmond clark a solid 1-2 punch.
4. Devin Hester and Johnny Knox are two of the fastest wr's in the NFL, Knox was in the pro bowl last year as a rookie, and we all know about devin Hester.
6. Are defense has always traditionally been good, this year is no different. Chicago Bears lead the NFL in turnovers the past few years also. Their play was off last year because of injuries. Urlacher, Briggs, Harris, Peppers, and Tillman are among the best defensive players in the nfl today, also zach bowman the cb quietly had 6int's last year in only his second NFL season after being drafted in the fifth round.
7. Are special teams have been in the top 3 in the league for more than a few consecutive seasons now. Robbie Gould is a pro bowl fg kicker.
9. lions suck
10. The packers are a good team, but not as well rounded in all areas like the bears.

Actually Cutler tried to post in this thread, but everytime he tried, cyberspace intercepted it.

Actually Cutler tried to post in this thread, but everytime he tried, cyberspace intercepted it.
Cutler's int problems will be fixed with having a season to adjust under his belt, and the offensive guru mike martz as the new oc.

Cutler's int problems will be fixed with having a season to adjust under his belt, and the offensive guru mike martz as the new oc.

Agreed!

Martz employes a system based on timeing; which should help Cutler with his occasional "antsy" play.

I could see the Lions having a better record than the Bears. Not real likely, but not as impossible as the last couple years.

lol if the bears don't win the NFC North with the easy schedule they have this year. then they will never win anything with cutler in the picture. and you can't win alll games with D and our D aint all that good.

lol if the bears don't win the NFC North with the easy schedule they have this year. then they will never win anything with cutler in the picture. and you can't win alll games with D and our D aint all that good.

i am just hoping the panthers - now knowing pepper's vulnerability - will send lots of loose women to his room the nite before our bears game. then he won't have the energy to play well, even if he summons up the infrequent inclination to actually show up

Agreed!

Martz employes a system based on timeing; which should help Cutler with his occasional "antsy" play.

The problem isn't Cutler, its the receivers. I swear when I watched, his throws to the other team were usually the fault of the receivers running the wrong routes. I doubt this changes.

Ill be looking forward to Week 16 to see if Da Bear's offense can get through Gang Green's defense.

I will be looking forward to the ancient traditionial clashes aswell.

9. lions suck
this division is green bays to lose, if favre isnt back with minnesota

I don't think so. Cutler had a bad year last year, but not everything was his fault. We don't have good receivers who know how to act with a throwing QB and we had an O-Line that functioned like a sieve. Hopefully some of those problems have been addressed. But with the new OC and a lot of decent talent to spread the ball out to, I think the Bears really stand a good chance of coming out as a good team this year.

Jay Cutler, will make the pro bowl this year, he is the best young qb in the NFL.:boxer

The problem isn't Cutler, its the receivers. I swear when I watched, his throws to the other team were usually the fault of the receivers running the wrong routes. I doubt this changes.

Very true. although from the looks at camp, Knox has improved his route running. I have no faith in Hester learning how to run a route. He's dumber than a pile of cat****. I do have hope for Aromashadou, who learned in the Colts' system before coming to the Bears.

If the receivers and line are not improved from last year, Culter's going to look bad agin. I think the line will play a bit better just because Mike tice is a great line coach and there have been some minor tweaks, but I don't really expect them to be good. Just better than last year (which ain't all that hard).

Bears are essentially an 8-8 team that could get lucky and pull of 10-6 if the cards fall their way. Eitehr way, (and you know I hate to say this) Green bay would have to completely **** up for the Bears to win the North.

It kills me, but I think Green Bay will win the NFC this year.

Jay Cutler, will make the pro bowl this year, he is the best young qb in the NFL.:boxer

right now, it's between Aaron Rogers or Philip Rivers for the best "young QB" in the NFL (assuming young QB means under 30). I like Cutler, but he's not there yet. He's got the potential to be there.

I would like to add, that hester, ever since making the big transition from kick returner and defensive back to wide receiver has improved, last year he had close to 800 yds receiving. His speed is still something that has to be greatly respected by the opposing defenses. He could possibly get 1,000 yds receiving this year. I love johnny knox, the guy is extremely gifted, and a pro bowler who hasn't reached his potential yet.

Even though Brett Favre is back, If the Chicago Bears defense remain's healthy and Cutler protects the ball, I still think the bears win the divison.

I think the bears are more likely to have a fight with the Lions to keep out of the bottom then a fight with Green Bay or the Vikes for the #1 spot

There's a difference between being a fan and a "superfan". Superfans are blind.

For instance, take me:

Fan - Lions picked up some key players in free agency, and their youngsters are developing nicely. They may even hit .500 this year.

Superfan - LIONS BABY! TAKIN IT ALL IN DALLAS! BOOK IT!

One looks cautiously optimistic, one looks like a f'n idiot.

Take it down a notch, superfan.

There's a difference between being a fan and a "superfan". Superfans are blind.

For instance, take me:

Fan - Lions picked up some key players in free agency, and their youngsters are developing nicely. They may even hit .500 this year.

Superfan - LIONS BABY! TAKIN IT ALL IN DALLAS! BOOK IT!

One looks cautiously optimistic, one looks like a f'n idiot.

Take it down a notch, superfan.

Lions already lost a key player for the season. 6 wins, tops.

After watching the first half of today's game, I predict another 7-9 season for the beloved. :(

Back
Top Bottom