• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chicago Bears= NFC North champs !

It's probably the only break we'll get all year.

well if it is, that's fine with me, it would have been a disaster to lose to the lions on opening day, the lions are now on a 21 game road losing streak. were fortunate are defense is intact, they played superb.

well if it is, that's fine with me, it would have been a disaster to lose to the lions on opening day, the lions are now on a 21 game road losing streak. were fortunate are defense is intact, they played superb.

Except for those two rushing touchdowns where Best was untouched.

He should be fired for not benching Forte and Olsen, and that call too. How can he let them continue to play without covering up the ball? It's not like these are new problems. We deserved to lose that game.
i agree we should have lost that game, it was a bit bizzare to watch, as far as benching forte and olsen, i see where your coming from. But those two guys really are premiere young players at their postion(forte had 200yd's and 2 td's at critical moments).

What's your guys take on lovie not going for the fg to take the lead? personally i was shocked.:shock:
i was wondering what the hell he was thinking, or if he let martz make the call...that was forkin' stupid, you are a chipshot away from the lead, detroit hadnt moved the ball at all with hill at qb.....it was a no brainer, kick the damn ball...

i was wondering what the hell he was thinking, or if he let martz make the call...that was forkin' stupid, you are a chipshot away from the lead, detroit hadnt moved the ball at all with hill at qb.....it was a no brainer, kick the damn ball...

On top of that, you don't try a QB sneak from six inches out? Can't score on 3 consecutive plays from the goal line? You don't realize that Forte isn't a goal line back? Give the ball the Peppers, Briggs, or someone with size and a little speed!

We'll be lucky if we are a .500 team this year.

Yes, but they were both of turnovers, and he was inside the ten yd line on both scores, if im not mistaken.

Which makes it worse.

Un.

Touched.

It's not like they were fooled.

Which makes it worse.

Un.

Touched.

It's not like they were fooled.

What do you mean untouched on both touchdowns? The second one was reviewed and was very very close to not being a touchdown.

As far as the robbery at the end of the game goes, the call was correct according to the letter of the rule. It wasn't a touchdown. The refs actually did their job correctly.

But the fact that this didn't qualify as a touchdown according to the rules is pure idiocy on the NFL's part. They need to incorporate some common sense into the rule. The Bears deserved to lose that game and the Lions got robbed by the NFL's rules.

What do you mean untouched on both touchdowns? The second one was reviewed and was very very close to not being a touchdown.

As far as the robbery at the end of the game goes, the call was correct according to the letter of the rule. It wasn't a touchdown. The refs actually did their job correctly.

But the fact that this didn't qualify as a touchdown according to the rules is pure idiocy on the NFL's part. They need to incorporate some common sense into the rule. The Bears deserved to lose that game and the Lions got robbed by the NFL's rules.

He had both feet down, a knee, his ass, and made three controlled movements with the ball firmly in hand all before the ball touched the ground. Thats possession by any reasonable standard.

Well, for most teams, if you are 6 inches from the goal line, it's pretty automatic that you are going to score. Of course, the Bears have long been the exception to the rule. But yeah, he was touched at the goal line on the second one.

I remember when a catch was obvious. It's really sad that they have changed it and changed it until now it's absurd. The ball was never bobbled. He wasn't diving. It was a catch, though not according to the absurd rule. I say take the rule back to what it was in 1985.

He had both feet down, a knee, his ass, and made three controlled movements with the ball firmly in hand all before the ball touched the ground. Thats possession by any reasonable standard.

Absolutley.

And that's why I feel that the current standard is not a reasonable one.

I agree...I cannot fathom how they could call that play an incompletion. What happens now if a receiver drags his toes barely in bounds...does it not count because his momentum then carries him out of bounds? What if a player crosses the plane of the goal with the ball then drops it...does he have to keep running? Does he have to maintain possession for a count of 5 mississippi?

the refs had money on the bears..lol

No, the refs ruled according to the rules of NFL. It's not the first time this has come up, it's been noted several times. The NFL has not changed the rules on it. Should it have been a touch down? It certainly feels like a touchdown. But it's not like the refs were biased on this call or anything; that is the rule as written by the NFL. There is a difference between a catch on field and one in the endzone, and that rule is there to make that difference. In essence they want you to be able to take the ball to the ground. If you caught a ball in the endzone, drug your foot on the way out to get two feet in, fell to the ground out of bounds, and lost the ball; not a touch down. Thus by the rules, the call was correct. It sucked, but Detroit had other opportunities too. And people want to get on the refs for this call; all it would have taken was for the receiver to bring the ball into his body and hold on. The players know the rules too. Or should.

Looking forward to the Dallas game, i think that is a very winnable one. The Cowboys receiving threats consist of Austin and witten. If we can handle Calvin Johnson, we can handle Austin.As far as Witten, if i'm not mistaken one of our elite line backers will shadow him when he goes out for a pass(most of the time). We should concentrate on snuffing the run and getting pressure on Romo. I have faith in our D on all three levels. On offense, this is a game where will see the benefit of martz, instead of running at a brickwall, he's going to decimate their inferior secondary with precison timing routes. The x factor is no turnovers.

No, the refs ruled according to the rules of NFL. It's not the first time this has come up, it's been noted several times. The NFL has not changed the rules on it. Should it have been a touch down? It certainly feels like a touchdown. But it's not like the refs were biased on this call or anything; that is the rule as written by the NFL. There is a difference between a catch on field and one in the endzone, and that rule is there to make that difference. In essence they want you to be able to take the ball to the ground. If you caught a ball in the endzone, drug your foot on the way out to get two feet in, fell to the ground out of bounds, and lost the ball; not a touch down. Thus by the rules, the call was correct. It sucked, but Detroit had other opportunities too. And people want to get on the refs for this call; all it would have taken was for the receiver to bring the ball into his body and hold on. The players know the rules too. Or should.

Actually, the rule is the same regardless of where it happens on the field.

A player who goes to the ground in the process of attempting to secure possession of a loose ball [with or without contact by a defender] must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, there is no possession. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, it is a catch, interception or recovery.

Cutler nominated for Fed Ex Player of The Week. I think he has a good chance for the pro bowl this year.

Cutler nominated for Fed Ex Player of The Week. I think he has a good chance for the pro bowl this year.

only if he can cut down on his INTs

Looking forward to the Dallas game, i think that is a very winnable one. The Cowboys receiving threats consist of Austin and witten. If we can handle Calvin Johnson, we can handle Austin.As far as Witten, if i'm not mistaken one of our elite line backers will shadow him when he goes out for a pass(most of the time). We should concentrate on snuffing the run and getting pressure on Romo. I have faith in our D on all three levels. On offense, this is a game where will see the benefit of martz, instead of running at a brickwall, he's going to decimate their inferior secondary with precison timing routes. The x factor is no turnovers.
I hate to quote myself, but this is our game plan .

LOL Bears winning the NFC North. The Bears will have a hard time winning anything against a decent team.

I'm from Minnesota but I'm not a huge Vikings fan, so I think I can say without clouded judgment that Minnesota will win the NFC North, but Chicago could very well be a 9-7 team. They're awfully lucky to have beat Detroit on a garbage rule, but that's not going to happen every week. I like Cutler's targets, Knox/Bennett/Hester/Olson are probably the best he's ever had to work with. Forte's going to have a great year too, but Julius Peppers is their only great lineman on either side of the ball and they're going to lose a lot of battles on the line. The Vikings will absolutely crush them, and Cutler will be lucky to walk away from his meeting with Jared Allen. But they're a decent bet for the wild card as long as they beat Green Bay.

Actually, the rule is the same regardless of where it happens on the field.

Except when a player runs a ball across, as soon as it breaks the plane of the end zone its a TD regardless if he takes it to the ground or not, but anywhere else on the field its a fumble. I would think possession and two feet in constitutes control and the ball is controlled beyond the plane of the goal-line and thus a TD. This isn't ****ing rugby.

I'm not necessarily in disagreement with the call made, based on how the rules are, but I think its more consistent the way I think about it. Armchair Reffing FTW!!!

As long as our d line is healthy, we are fine. Peppers is one of the best defensive ends in the league. Tommie Harris is also an exceptional talent,he is our bulwark. Idonjie is also gifted and versatile playing de and dt as needed. we had to give him more loot, Buffalo not to long ago tryed to snag him. Marcus Harrison is still a very raw young talent also, he's no pushover. His first career sack was against Peytton Manninng.

Our Linebacking corp with Urlacher, Briggs, and Tisinoma is one of the best in the league! then you got experience and talent , with regards to our depth roach and hillenmeyer; they have been in the system for years and have it down pat.

I predict da Bears will whoop my Cowboys this comming sunday. Maybe the Boys will fire Jason Garrett next off season and maybe a loosing season will put them in a position to draft an offensive line.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom