• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chicago: 6 Dead, 63 Wounded In Memorial Day Weekend Shootings

But anything except something proven to be effective, like stop and frisk, right?

Effective at subjecting the municipality for lawsuits for racial profiling.

Chicago and Oak Park's gun laws were deemed unconstitutional in 2010 by McDonald v. Chicago.

We've had 6 years of a pro-gun person's dream.

Gun restrictions in Chicago match DC. Toughest in the country.

Do I need to explain the prohibition and marijuana examples to you or can you figure that out for yourself?

When a gang member needs a gun it isn't much different from an addiction. Where there is a need and a prohibition the black market will provide and always has.

Again, do you have any idea how many of those shootings were with legally acquired firearms? I would guess most are illegal, save for any that were used in self defense.

Arguing with a wall is better than with liberals. At least walls do not talk back saying illogical crap.

The cause of what is going in Chicago is simple. Global warming make the cockroaches come out and act up.

The second contributor: Those racist and bigoted feds don't offer free abortions with free phones.

Effective at subjecting the municipality for lawsuits for racial profiling.

Also proven to be effective at controlling the people with illegal firearms.

Just too bad that the people with illegal firearms have so much in common.

Oh well. Guess we'll just have to continue to allow the blood letting.
At some point it may be that they run out of people to shoot at, and it'll quite down then.

When a gang member needs a gun it isn't much different from an addiction. Where there is a need and a prohibition the black market will provide and always has.
Again, do you have any idea how many of those shootings were with legally acquired firearms? I would guess most are illegal, save for any that were used in self defense.
Baloney. Guns are as "addictive" as leaded gasoline and Kinder Surprise.
The target is supply and demand. It's how most all bans work.
How many common criminals do you think are able to afford a gun when the going-price is tens of thousands of dollar for a gun?

No idea - I haven't recently researched the number of home and auto robberies occurring for legal gun owners.

Come through my front door with bad intentions...............and you will see.

Except when you're not home, because that's how quite a few guns end up on the streets and in the hands of criminals.

Again, do you have any idea how many of those shootings were with legally acquired firearms?

As for legal firearms alone,

Last year, a Washington Post analysis found that toddlers were finding guns and shooting people at a rate of about one a week. This year, that pace has accelerated. There have been at least 23 toddler-involved shootings since Jan. 1 [through March 1st], compared with 18 over the same period last year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...dlers-have-shot-at-least-23-people-this-year/

Baloney. Guns are as "addictive" as leaded gasoline and Kinder Surprise.
The target is supply and demand. It's how most all bans work.
How many common criminals do you think are able to afford a gun when the going-price is tens of thousands of dollar for a gun?

No idea - I haven't recently researched the number of home and auto robberies occurring for legal gun owners.

The demand for guns from organized crime is huge, and the black market will always supply. Organized crime will always pay for the tools they need. Your argument that new laws will drive up the cost of guns like the old laws didn't is just ignoring reality.

The demand for guns in the organized crime is huge, and the black market will always supply. Your argument that new laws will drive up the cost of guns like the old laws didn't is just ignoring reality.

How so? Are guns freely available or cheap in other developed countries that have done this?

As for legal firearms alone,

Last year, a Washington Post analysis found that toddlers were finding guns and shooting people at a rate of about one a week. This year, that pace has accelerated. There have been at least 23 toddler-involved shootings since Jan. 1 [through March 1st], compared with 18 over the same period last year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...dlers-have-shot-at-least-23-people-this-year/

Changing the subject, I see.

Again I ask: How many of the shootings in Chicago were done with legal firearms?

Actually I think it is easier to blame "socioeconomics" than anything else. In reality there are probably a few thousand citizens of Chicago in organized crime who are responsible for the war zone. The vast majority of the people in those poorer neighborhoods are not thugs and do not kill their neighbors. As such, "socioeconomics" is painting with far too broad a brush. Not only that, but there are numerous poor communities outside of big cities that are not subject to this level of weekly carnage.

Still would like to see what your thoughts are as to the reason it is the way it is.

Still would like to see what your thoughts are as to the reason it is the way it is.

It's partly do to a diminishing police response out of the officer's fear of becoming the next target for the angry mobs or BLM gang banger looking to kill some cops, and partly the various gangs realization that a diminished police response means they can move on other gangs more openly.

Only 6 dead?

Attention...all bangers...please report to your local range for remedial target practice. Shame on you.

A handful of assclowns throwing shots over a baby daddy and you REALLY are asking why things are the way they are?

Well, that was a silly question. Have you ever tried to buy guns from a nonexistent shop?

'Guns' are not an addictive substance. Drastically reducing the availability of guns drives up prices. Even in the black market. It prices out the common criminal.
It also prices out the common man. The right to self defense should not be something only the wealthy can enjoy.

A handful of assclowns throwing shots over a baby daddy and you REALLY are asking why things are the way they are?

Yes I am. And I realized you didn't really answer the question. Jmotivator gave his answer.

Police data states that it's roughly 1500 individuals driving the violence in pockets on the South and West sides. The police are focusing on those people. The gangs are fighting for control over street corners for sales of meth and heroin.

Yes I am. And I realized you didn't really answer the question. Jmotivator gave his answer.
General lack of respect for ones self, for others, for life in general. Too much time on the street, not enough time around the dinner table. Homes without parents. Bangers, thugs, and Jerry Springer as role models.

We can look at society in general...but look at the individuals. Those are just some real ugly people making some really bad choices in life. And they have chirruns.

Lets play some more. A community devastated by liberal government policies. A community exploited by race baiting charlatans and 'community organizers'. A community centered around excuse for failure more than personal responsibility. Community leaders that bemoan the percentage of black people in prison as opposed to the number of black people killing other black people.

Lots of reasons. Start with the individuals.

General lack of respect for ones self, for others, for life in general. Too much time on the street, not enough time around the dinner table. Homes without parents. Bangers, thugs, and Jerry Springer as role models.

We can look at society in general...but look at the individuals. Those are just some real ugly people making some really bad choices in life. And they have chirruns.

Lets play some more. A community devastated by liberal government policies. A community exploited by race baiting charlatans and 'community organizers'. A community centered around excuse for failure more than personal responsibility. Community leaders that bemoan the percentage of black people in prison as opposed to the number of black people killing other black people.

Lots of reasons. Start with the individuals.

I see, start with the individuals but ultimately blame liberals using loose generics. :lol:

It also prices out the common man. The right to self defense should not be something only the wealthy can enjoy.

The common man deserves to be free from the tyranny that violence imparts. A truly free man should never need to pick up a gun.

Back
Top Bottom