• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cheney shoots a guy

Cheney must have pretty bad eyesight if he can't see a man standing in front of him.

OMG......we are beat my friends, now he's killing folks!:shock:

Meh, the late-night comedians will joke about it for about a week. Other than that, I don't see this as being a big story.

The last time Cheney went hunting, it was to a range where people let doves out of cages and threw them so he could shoot them. There were a lot of people laughing at him for that. So what happens? Cheney decides to show what a man he is and go hunting for real. Guess we all know how good of hunter Cheney is now.

Hey Dick. Go back to the dove farms. At least you wont be a danger to others while showing them how much of a man you are.

:rofl

This folks is why I bow hunt. Less morons in the woods with firearms. Over the past 20 years or so I've had my truck shot twice during Elk rifle season. In fact I actually have a bullet hole in the side of my house. Rifle/road hunters have bad name for a reason.

Cheney maybe an idiot when it comes to firearm safety but he's got a lot of company.

Pacridge said:
This folks is why I bow hunt. Less morons in the woods with firearms. Over the past 20 years or so I've had my truck shot twice during Elk rifle season. In fact I actually have a bullet hole in the side of my house. Rifle/road hunters have bad name for a reason.

Cheney maybe an idiot when it comes to firearm safety but he's got a lot of company.

Maybe Cheney is not such an idiot after all. The guy he shot is a lawyer. LOL.

Napoleon's Nightingale said:
Cheney must have pretty bad eyesight if he can't see a man standing in front of him.

Looks like the victim is the one at fault to me.

Source

Armstrong said she was watching from a car while Cheney, Whittington and another hunter got out of the vehicle to shoot at a covey of quail.

Whittington shot a bird and went to look for it in the tall grass, while Cheney and the third hunter walked to another spot and discovered a second covey.

Whittington "came up from behind the vice president and the other hunter and didn't signal them or indicate to them or announce himself," Armstrong said.

"The vice president didn't see him," she continued. "The covey flushed and the vice president picked out a bird and was following it and shot. And by god, Harry was in the line of fire and got peppered pretty good."

danarhea said:
Maybe Cheney is not such an idiot after all. The guy he shot is a lawyer. LOL.

What really happened is Dick Cheney was attempting to shoot the only real competition he has for Best Living Vice President. That man is, of course, Dan Quayle. Knowing Quayle was hunting in the same woods, Cheney had a dog flush him out, and threw down with a bead on Quayle and just as he was about to fire, he had a myocardial infarction (he has about 3 heart attacks a day), which threw off his aim so he mistakenly shot a lawyer who thought secret wire taps were illegal, so, after all, the shotgun shell was not completely wasted.

So Che thinks someone getting shot is funny. Dana seems to agree. I'm waiting for aps and kidrocks and champs and hipster to follow suit. You guys have fun. Embarrass yourselves.

I think it's quite unfortunate. I'm sure the Vice President feels awful, just as anyone would.

KCConservative said:
So Che thinks someone getting shot is funny. Dana seems to agree. I'm waiting for aps and kidrocks and champs and hipster to follow suit. You guys have fun. Embarrass yourselves.

I think it's quite unfortunate. I'm sure the Vice President feels awful, just as anyone would.

Shut up, KC. Remember how upset you got with me when I assumed you were a gay basher? I really don't care enough about this to even comment about it. *yawn*

The only person embarrassing himself is you. Grow up. I hope you teach your children better manners than you display on here. I really hope so.

aps said:
Shut up, KC. Remember how upset you got with me when I assumed you were a gay basher? I really don't care enough about this to even comment about it. *yawn*

The only person embarrassing himself is you. Grow up. I hope you teach your children better manners than you display on here. I really hope so.
:2wave:

My my, what thin skin. Oh yes, I remember it perfectly. Seems you love to dish it out but .......well, you know the rest.

1: Guy gets shot
2: Liberals laugh

If there were ever a better illustration of true liberal compassion, I've not seen it.

Were they even wearing orange? Morons.

If Whittington was standing behind Cheney then how did he get shot?

I had an idiot Uncle shoot another idiot Uncle while hunting. It happens. In most these cases, the idiot hunters weren't wearing orange. It's real easy to get sight visioned while aiming at a moving target.

GySgt said:
I had an idiot Uncle shoot another idiot Uncle while hunting. It happens. In most these cases, the idiot hunters weren't wearing orange. It's real easy to get sight visioned while aiming at a moving target.

I think they were wearing camoflage.

tryreading said:
I think they were wearing camoflage.

The laws require that hunters wear an orange vest for easy recognization from other hunters.

GySgt said:

Okay but that doesn't change the fact that he was standing behind Cheney so how does a person shoot another person whos standing behind them?

KCConservative said:

"Guns don't kill people, people do."

Come on guys , we all know that guns don't kill people. Vice Presidents who
play with guns kill people, or almost.

LOL... and I love it!

KidRocks said:
"Guns don't kill people, people do."

Come on guys , we all know that Guns don't kill people. Vice Presidents who
play with guns kill people, or almost.

LOL... and I love it!

Gotta admit, when I saw the headline my reaction was, "Are you kidding me.....what next?"

Okay but that doesn't change the fact that he was standing behind Cheney so how does a person shoot another person whos standing behind them?

"Sight Vision."

Try it. Place a ruler or stick (something to simulate a rifle or shotgun) in front of you and aim down the top of it with one eye closed. Now simulate you are chasing your sights on a moving target (like birds or a deer). Notice how many things quickly jump in your aim. Now imagine you have your target perfectly and you squeeze the trigger only to find that something got in the way in that last split second. This is how it happens.

This sort of thing is why the military works with areas of aim rather than a free for all.

GySgt said:
"Sight Vision."

Try it. Place a ruler or stick (something to simulate a rifle or shotgun) in front of you and aim down the top of it with one eye closed. Now simulate you are chasing your sights on a moving target (like birds or a deer). Notice how many things quickly jump in your aim. Now imagine you have your target perfectly and you squeeze the trigger only to find that something got in the way in that last split second. This is how it happens.

This sort of thing is why the military works with areas of aim rather than a free for all.

If the man was standing behind Cheney and Cheney turned around the man would have blocked his view of the target and Cheney would have known he was there. How do you aim low enough to hit a person standing in front of you and not notice that a person is standing in front of you?

If the man was standing behind Cheney and Cheney turned around the man would have blocked his view of the target and Cheney would have known he was there. How do you aim low enough to hit a person standing in front of you and not notice that a person is standing in front of you?

Dude, I don't know. I wasn't there. It's bird shot, which means the pellets spray. It's not an exact aimed shot. I imagine he was chasing a target and swung his aim into his victim.

Also, keep in mind that a properly aimed shot requires a focused target and blurry sights. This means that the shooters focus should be on the target and not the sight. Everything in the immediate area should be unfocused and blurry. If focusing on the sight, your shot will be low.

If you try that little exercise I gave you, you'll see what I mean. When you finally pull the trigger, look and see what was in your way.

Back
Top Bottom