• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cheney Rips Trump, Pompeo for 'Praising' Russian President: 'Putin Is Evil'

Tucker is all in for Putin. We know why SOME Republicans think like they do. Most see Putin for what he is.

Yeah. This woman is a complete dolt. She keeps focusing on what Trump said and not what he did. Did Obama and his VP lackey supply defensive weapons and training to Ukraine? No, it was Trump. Now, AFTER dragging his feet in his first year in office and AFTER the Russians invaded Ukraine, Sleepy wants to send weapons. Well, guess what, pal? IT’S TOO LATE, MORON!

You don’t know what you are writing about, questioning who the moron is here.

Trump held up weapons delivery until Zelenskyy dug up dirt on Biden.

WASHINGTON ― U.S. President Joe Biden has authorized the State Department to send another $350 million in weapons, including Javelin anti-tank weapons, to help Ukrainian forces fight back the ongoing Russian invasion.
….

This marks the third time Biden has used his presidential drawdown authority to send emergency security assistance from U.S. stockpiles to Ukraine, and it brings the total commitment of U.S. security assistance to $1 billion for this year.

Even if that happens, it doesn’t negate that your party has been captured by nuts.
Your party is fighting for transgender (men in a dress) rights to compete in women's sports. For taking down the border wall with Mexico. That shit is nuts.

Which was worse? Hanoi Jane of "not Fonda Jane" or Moscow traitor Trump? Jane Fonda was an actress....Trump was the effin president of the United states. The answer should be easy.

All the radical right winged trolls here not codemning the shit out of what traitor Trump said are traitors to my country as well.

Your party is fighting for transgender (men in a dress) rights to compete in women's sports. For taking down the border wall with Mexico. That shit is nuts.
Is that the hill you choose to die on?

Putin has planned this all out years in advance. He stockpiled billions in cash so that sanctions would be meaningless to him. He brainwashed his people with propaganda for years convincing the majority of his people that Ukraine is full of Nazis. He has set back NATO 20 years because of this. Putin is an asshole, but he is very smart
The events of the past week suggest otherwise. These Russian "stockpiles" won't last forever especially given the expense of waging war in Ukraine and, if they even manage to capture the country, trying to hold it. And they're already talking about ejecting Russia from the UN security council. Cutting off Russian banks from SWIFT is effectively a blockade, and Putin's threats to other non-NATO countries may very well end up expanding and strengthening the NATO presence in Europe and bring NATO weapons right up to Russia's borders in the coming decade.

All for a misguided attempt at revenge for the loss of territory after the collapse of the USSR. I would call Putin prideful and foolish. Pride goeth before a fall.

She has proven to suck. She will therefore either not run for reelection or be roundly beaten in the primaries.
Why? Because she's not a Trump knob slobberer like all the rest of you are? Trump destroyed this country plain and simple. Total destruction. And now he wants to destroy our democracy. What a guy you chug koolaid to.

Which was worse? Hanoi Jane of "not Fonda Jane" or Moscow traitor Trump? Jane Fonda was an actress....Trump was the effin president of the United states. The answer should be easy.

All the radical right winged trolls here not codemning the shit out of what traitor Trump said are traitors to my country as well.
Nobody should condemn a badly cut up fake quote sentence that you all are pushing.

I don't care for Cheney's politics 95%+ of the time. But, she is absolutely correct about praising putin is evil.
Trump praised Pelosi and Democt unity too. That was evil. True but evil.
No doubt Putin is more savvy than sleepy Joe.

The events of the past week suggest otherwise. These Russian "stockpiles" won't last forever especially given the expense of waging war in Ukraine and, if they even manage to capture the country, trying to hold it. And they're already talking about ejecting Russia from the UN security council. Cutting off Russian banks from SWIFT is effectively a blockade, and Putin's threats to other non-NATO countries may very well end up expanding and strengthening the NATO presence in Europe and bring NATO weapons right up to Russia's borders in the coming decade.

All for a misguided attempt at revenge for the loss of territory after the collapse of the USSR. I would call Putin prideful and foolish. Pride goeth before a fall.
Well the Russians are just using a bunch of old shit they have laying around at the moment to fight this war. They have tons of arms. If by stockpile you mean money, Putin has apparently horded a ton of cash. as far as the security council and removing Russia, how exactly would that be done? By a vote? That is not possible. About SWIFT, I think it would be a big mistake to monkey with the confidence of the system. Better to directly country by country ban purchases from Russia. I am not sure how far Putin intends to go with this. At the very least he is going to eliminate the pro west government and install a puppet one. That is going to result in revolts and riots and will end up being a thorn in his side. What if he wants to go a bit farther? I think he will push into Moldova. What is NATO planning to do about that? Moldova is a non-NATO country. What if Putin pushes into Finland? Finland is non-NATO. What would we do then?

Are you saying you see Jane Fonda as a traitor?

Yeah. This woman is a complete dolt. She keeps focusing on what Trump said and not what he did. Did Obama and his VP lackey supply defensive weapons and training to Ukraine? No, it was Trump. Now, AFTER dragging his feet in his first year in office and AFTER the Russians invaded Ukraine, Sleepy wants to send weapons. Well, guess what, pal? IT’S TOO LATE, MORON!

Obama sent weapons to Ukraine, yes.

Trump illegally tried to STOP weapon shipments to Ukraine.

Right wing propaganda is just so goddamned lazy and boring. We get it. You're on Russia's side. Just say it. It's a free country.

Well the Russians are just using a bunch of old shit they have laying around at the moment to fight this war. They have tons of arms. If by stockpile you mean money, Putin has apparently horded a ton of cash. as far as the security council and removing Russia, how exactly would that be done? By a vote? That is not possible. About SWIFT, I think it would be a big mistake to monkey with the confidence of the system. Better to directly country by country ban purchases from Russia. I am not sure how far Putin intends to go with this. At the very least he is going to eliminate the pro west government and install a puppet one. That is going to result in revolts and riots and will end up being a thorn in his side. What if he wants to go a bit farther? I think he will push into Moldova. What is NATO planning to do about that? Moldova is a non-NATO country. What if Putin pushes into Finland? Finland is non-NATO. What would we do then?
I expect NATO would turn Russia into the next North Korea if it tried this. That seems to be the path they are on now with the SWIFT move. Russia is going to be on the back foot for a good long while regardless of how the invasion plays out, so there is an opportunity for another country to step in and fill the void in the oil market.

Finland and Sweden don't have the problem that Ukraine has. Ukraine doesn't qualify for NATO membership. Finland and Sweden already do. All they have to do is commit, and they are effectively members. I don't think they would absent substantial provocation, but if Putin were to line up an invasion army on their borders as he did with Ukraine, I suspect that stance would change quickly.

And Russia could be removed from the UN under the argument that it's seat was never valid in the first place. The dissolution of the USSR should have dissolved its seat on the Security Council. If Yeltsin wanted a seat, then he should have been required to negotiate for it rather than simply "inheriting" it from a former government that simply occupied the same geographical area.

I expect NATO would turn Russia into the next North Korea if it tried this. That seems to be the path they are on now with the SWIFT move. Russia is going to be on the back foot for a good long while regardless of how the invasion plays out, so there is an opportunity for another country to step in and fill the void in the oil market.

Finland and Sweden don't have the problem that Ukraine has. Ukraine doesn't qualify for NATO membership. Finland and Sweden already do. All they have to do is commit, and they are effectively members. I don't think they would absent substantial provocation, but if Putin were to line up an invasion army on their borders as he did with Ukraine, I suspect that stance would change quickly.

And Russia could be removed from the UN under the argument that it's seat was never valid in the first place. The dissolution of the USSR should have dissolved its seat on the Security Council. If Yeltsin wanted a seat, then he should have been required to negotiate for it rather than simply "inheriting" it from a former government that simply occupied the same geographical area.
I agree about all but what about Moldova? Seriously I think he is going to invade it. Also would the removal of Russia from the security council not at least require a vote? China will not vote in favor of this. Or do you think the USA representative just stands up and says "starting today Russia is out".

He brainwashed his people with propaganda for years convincing the majority of his people that Ukraine is full of Nazis.
::sighs::

Thats why there are protests in Moscow protesting the invasion.

Tucker is all in for Putin. We know why SOME Republicans think like they do. Most see Putin for what he is.

Of course he is - because he worships Trump the Terrorist, who is Vladimir Putin's best friend outside of Russia.

Oh look, another right winger who took that Trump lie as gospel.

Obama sent weapons. Trump tried to stop it.
No Obama did not send weapons. He sent night vision goggles and medical supplies. He was intentionally sending no arms.

No Obama did not send weapons. He sent night vision goggles and medical supplies. He was intentionally sending no arms.
Trump tried to send nothing.

By March 2015, the US had committed more than $120 million in security assistance for Ukraine and had pledged an additional $75 million worth of equipment including UAVs, counter-mortar radars, night vision devices and medical supplies, according to the Pentagon’s Defense Security Cooperation Agency.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/26/poli...tary-aid-sheets-pillows-fact-check/index.html
That assistance also included some 230 armored Humvee vehicles.
Part of the $250 million assistance package that the Trump administration announced (then froze and later unfroze) included many of the same items that were provided under Obama, including medical equipment, night vision gear and counter-artillery radar.

Back
Top Bottom