• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cheney calls pardoning Snowden 'unconscionable' after Trump says he's considering it

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Cheney calls pardoning Snowden 'unconscionable' after Trump says he's considering it | TheHill

She came to the realization that Trump is going down hard, and looking for the fractures in a post Trump election aftermath

And after 2021 Trump will continue to have substantial support within the Republican party

Note- he will not show for Biden's Inauguration

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) said on Sunday that pardoning former National Security Agency (NSA) contractor and whistleblower Edward Snowden “would be unconscionable” after President Trump said he was considering the idea at a recent press conference.

“Edward Snowden is a traitor. He is responsible for the largest and most damaging release of classified info in US history. He handed over US secrets to Russian and Chinese intelligence putting our troops and our nation at risk,” Cheney, the No. 3 Republican in the House, tweeted on Sunday afternoon, adding; “Pardoning him would be unconscionable.”

Cheney calls pardoning Snowden 'unconscionable' after Trump says he's considering it | TheHill

She came to the realization that Trump is going down hard, and looking for the fractures in a post Trump election aftermath

And after 2021 Trump will continue to have substantial support within the Republican party

There is speculation that McCarthy's days as Minority Leader or numbered. Liz Cheney as number 3 in the leadership is making a strong case for herself to replace him.
That would be quite interesting.

Yet another real republican who won't vote for the fake republican Trump.

He'll write in "Jeb Bush" just like a million other real republicans will.

There is speculation that McCarthy's days as Minority Leader or numbered. Liz Cheney as number 3 in the leadership is making a strong case for herself to replace him.

All I know is that the party will go thru a civil war with their base, how long I have no idea.

Until they start back from the harder right, welcome to opposition land with Harris as a possible President

Under Biden, significant pressure will be on him to change the Filibuster to a simple majority vote

My money is on Scalise.

Yet another real republican who won't vote for the fake republican Trump.

He'll write in "Jeb Bush" just like a million other real republicans will.

Liz is a she.

All I know is that the party will go thru a civil war with their base, how long I have no idea.

Until they start back from the harder right, welcome to opposition land with Harris as a possible President

Under Biden, significant pressure will be on him to change the Filibuster to a simple majority vote

Twitter is abuzz witha rumor that there is a prominent republican congressman coming out for Biden tomorrow. Let's wait and see shall we?

The fact of the matter is we would not be talking about all the government did then, what they were capable of at the time, and how far they ultimately went to spy on all of us without Edward Snowden‘s actions. Historically ironic, leaning to the old USSR government model of dealing with their own.

We have been here before, several times actually, in showing why the government is the one that cannot be trusted... yet comes up with means to justify ignoring the Constitution in order to not trust all of us.

Liz Cheney is proving herself to be nothing more than a large and secretive government authoritarian lunatic, interested in branding anyone that steps out of line with her empire views of our government model as a “traitor,” and she is now the poster child for proving today’s Republicans (her supporters and enablers) can never again claim or argue for small government, Constitutional conservative values, individual liberties and rights, or anything of the like. The ship has sailed, she represents everything that is wrong with all this.

The Patriot Act was never about patriotism, and the Freedom Act had nothing to do with freedom.

Trump even considering this suggests what’s in it for him? There is no reason, and no history for Trump just doing something out of some principled reason. I can only image how many other Republican lunatics are wanting to join Cheney in championing sidestepping the Constitution.

Last edited:
If you haven’t realized lately, the neocons no longer control the party.

True the real crazy is at the top, oh and pls include his enablers

The deep state does not like Trump or Snowden and she is about as deep state as it gets.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The deep state does not like Trump or Snowden and she is about as deep state as it gets.

So who is the leader/Board of Deep State that make those decisions?

Not sure what Cheney's future plans are, but I happen to agree with her. Putler should send Snowden to Siberia, without mittens.

True the real crazy is at the top, oh and pls include his enablers

Don’t you got some brown kids In the Middle East to bomb?

If you haven’t realized lately, the neocons no longer control the party.

Trumps is scared ****less of Liz Cheney and doesn’t have the balls to criticize her before the election so he doesn’t lose that neocon vote you dismiss.

The fact of the matter is we would not be talking about all the government did then, what they were capable of at the time, and how far they ultimately went to spy on all of us without Edward Snowden‘s actions. Historically ironic, leaning to the old USSR government model of dealing with their own.

We have been here before, several times actually, in showing why the government is the one that cannot be trusted... yet comes up with means to justify ignoring the Constitution in order to not trust all of us.

Liz Cheney is proving herself to be nothing more than a large and secretive government authoritarian lunatic, interested in branding anyone that steps out of line with her empire views of our government model as a “traitor,” and she is now the poster child for proving today’s Republicans (her supporters and enablers) can never again claim or argue for small government, Constitutional conservative values, individual liberties and rights, or anything of the like. The ship has sailed, she represents everything that is wrong with all this.

The Patriot Act was never about patriotism, and the Freedom Act had nothing to do with freedom.

Trump even considering this suggests what’s in it for him? There is no reason, and no history for Trump just doing something out of some principled reason. I can only image how many other Republican lunatics are wanting to join Cheney in championing sidestepping the Constitution.

If he pardons Snowden my best guess is after the election.

Note I am not arguing for or against a pardon

Trump will do as you stated, what ever he wants. No reasoning, does not give a crap whether there is a moral basis for it, forget that.

He will do whatever he wants and if he loses well Trump will go out in his own style. Scary ain't it?

Putin told trump he wants traitor snowden out of Ru$$ia. Take it from there with this trial balloon.

"...start back from the harder right..."? The GOP has never been more left than it is today.

Sacrificial lamb sent out after the slaughter

Thing is what happens after these symbolic lambs are served up?

Major fractures within the party

And those Dems that think it cannot happen with their party, well it is also coming for Dems if they take all, Senate, House & President

Back
Top Bottom