• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cheney calls pardoning Snowden 'unconscionable' after Trump says he's considering it

There is speculation that McCarthy's days as Minority Leader or numbered. Liz Cheney as number 3 in the leadership is making a strong case for herself to replace him.
That would be quite interesting.

That seems quite likely to me.

1- You don't know the extent of his betrayal.
2- If the fact that he sought, and was granted, asylum in Russia doesn't alarm you then you should think a bit more pragmatically.

Do you think maybe it was Obama and Mueller's involvement that makes you defend Snowden?

Nope. I think there are very rare individuals in this world that do very good things for a simple reason: that it's the right thing to do. Of course Russia was going to grant him asylum. It's no different than the US granting various foreigners asylum. A lot of countries would have taken him in but were too afraid of us. The United States government enacted legislation based on what Snowden revealed. If he hadn't revealed it, who knows how far the intelligence agencies were willing to go to compromise the freedom of Americans and their right to privacy. We already have a "secret court," the existence of which is unconstitutional by any measure. Sorry, but Snowden is right up there with Nathan Hale as far as I'm concerned, and I'm glad that Russia gave him an opportunity to live his life by protecting him. He deserves better from the United States government, which has continued to hypocritically disavow his obvious national - and global - contribution. I hope Trump has the courage to rectify the government's deplorable treatment of a very good and courageous man. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom