• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chemical weapons in Syria

Do you belive that chmical weapon was used in Syria?

• Yes, by the Syrian government

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Yes, by provocators

• No, no chemical weapons were used

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know

• I don't care

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Yes, by aliens

• Other

• Total voters
BBC News - Syria conflict: 'Chemical attacks kill hundreds'

I say all this chemical weapon story is a scam and a provocation.
Someone is trying to find an excuse to invade Syria.
What do you think?

I don't care. We should stay out of it. Let them solve their own problems. Because were going broke and it seems that a lot of times when we help a country it later bites us in the ass.So we are damned if we do and damned if we don't,so I would rather be damned and not spend a dime than to be damned and spend a **** load of money.

So we are damned if we do and damned if we don't,so I would rather be damned and not spend a dime than to be damned and spend a **** load of money.

That's fine with me but I don't think your politicians would listen. :roll:

Yep, there are no good guys in this war but, there are innocents who can't get out.

Let Allah sort them out.

I have mixed thoughts on things like this.

On the one hand it does seem like we are wasting tremendous amounts of resources getting bogged down in events such as this.

On the other hand opposition groups (like Hamas, Hezbollah, AQ) get involved and affect the outcome, and set themselves up as modern day "robin hoods". They are still bad guys but by helping the people they generate good will from the people and find new potential spots to set up shop and recruit from.

I lean more toward being involved but in a behind the curtain kind of way.

I think those trying to kick out Assad have used them because they want a western intervention and know the US is on record as saying if they were used we would have to intervene. The first one was a few months back; a very small one intended to cause minimal damage and just enough to trigger a US intervention against Assad. Not sure about the more recent one.

Too bad that area of the world is so vital to our national and economic security.

Back
Top Bottom