• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chelsea Manning Reportedly Hospitalized After Apparent Suicide Attempt in Prison

Re: "Chelsea" Manning tries suicide

Himself or herself or itself? I'm so confused.

Why is this news? Some convict tries to take the easy way out. I'm glad he doesn't like the consequences of his actions.

Why is this news? Some convict tries to take the easy way out. I'm glad he doesn't like the consequences of his actions.

IMO, the tax dollars for his sex operation is a huge disappointment. Why pay for him to 'turn into a woman' if he's just gonna off himself?

Consider these few words as proof that I give exactly zero poops about this clown!

Tim-

IMO, the tax dollars for his sex operation is a huge disappointment. Why pay for him to 'turn into a woman' if he's just gonna off himself?

Do you have a method for determining whether or not an individual will commit suicide, before the fact?

You could have just stopped with the bolded. Why pay for ANY convict's gender reassignment?

You could have just stopped with the bolded. Why pay for ANY convict's gender reassignment?

Because there can be a legitimate medical benefit to doing so.

Not that you'll ever ****ing understand that.

Side note for OP:

Putting Chelsea's name in quotation marks is just an asshole move. You don't get to decide whether or not someone's name is valid. If you don't refer to Muhammad Ali as Cassius Clay, you shouldn't be calling Chelsea Manning by another name either.

I hope she is okay. She is a hero when it comes to open government and freedom of the press.

Side note for OP:

Putting Chelsea's name in quotation marks is just an asshole move. You don't get to decide whether or not someone's name is valid. If you don't refer to Muhammad Ali as Cassius Clay, you shouldn't be calling Chelsea Manning by another name either.

That would be politically incorrect. We wouldn't want that. He has to experience accountability for his actions.

I hope she is okay. She is a hero when it comes to open government and freedom of the press.

There is some sort of heroism in trying to change gender after having been imprisoned for seditious acts? Sorry, I don't see it.

Because there can be a legitimate medical benefit to doing so.

Not that you'll ever ****ing understand that.

Please share your opinion of the legitimate medical benefits to an incarcerated person, at tax payer's expense, for funding a transgender reassignment.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1066049635 said:
Please share your opinion of the legitimate medical benefits to an incarcerated person, at tax payer's expense, for funding a transgender reassignment.

There are none. It's a complete waste of tax dollars.

There is some sort of heroism in trying to change gender after having been imprisoned for seditious acts? Sorry, I don't see it.

Ahhh... Yes... Because my comments had everything to deal with transgenderism?

Ahhh... Yes... Because my comments had everything to deal with transgenderism?

No. I said I see no heroism in it and that is what I meant. We have differing opinions. No surprise there.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1066049635 said:

Th term is gender dysphoria and it's a medical condition that appears to have physiological causes. There have been studies showing structural differences in the brain as well as genetic markers correlating with the condition.

A person can have a penis but have a brain literally wired more like a woman's.

The treatment can involve mental and physical therapy, hormone treatment, and sometimes surgery. The people recommending this aren't liberal college students on some politically correct spiel. The people doing this are called doctors and they take all of these very seriously.

But people like you? You'd rather just call them "sickos" and "freaks." Excuse me while I listen to the doctors instead of you.

Last edited:
First I do feel bad. It has to be hard being a transgender person and in jail. I also feel that had Manning not broken the law he would be free to transition into a woman anyway chosen. But the facts are laws got broken and jail is the result.

If a doctor can make a medical case a gender bender surgery is needed, for more than self image reasons, then tax payers pay. Otherwise the inmate or groups on their behalf can raise the funds for this elective surgery.

First I do feel bad. It has to be hard being a transgender person and in jail. I also feel that had Manning not broken the law he would be free to transition into a woman anyway chosen. But the facts are laws got broken and jail is the result.

If a doctor can make a medical case a gender bender surgery is needed, for more than self image reasons, then tax payers pay. Otherwise the inmate or groups on their behalf can raise the funds for this elective surgery.

That's what happened. Prisoners don't get to just do elective surgery, particularly military prisoners. Doctors said this was medically necessary.

Back
Top Bottom