• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chelsea Clinton's Future Father-in-Law a Crook

Goyboy

Reaction score
Classified. I don't want the Alien Task Force to
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Will Father of the Groom Be Welcome Figure at Chelsea Clinton's Wedding?

Story Excerpt:
If Ed Mezvinsky, the disgraced father of Chelsea Clinton's newly-announced fiancé Marc Mezvinsky, attends his own son's wedding, he might want to consider ducking out before the reception. Mezvinsky was convicted in 2002 of bilking his associates, friends and family members -- even his own late mother-in-law -- out of millions of dollars. Despite being released in April 2008 after serving five years in prison, Mezvinsky remains on federal probation and still owes almost $9.4 million in restitution to his victims.

Is Karma responsible for Chelsea Clinton's future father-in-law being a Democrat ex-Congressman ex-con?

It's news to me. And it's weird.

Maybe she finds comfort and familiarity with the Mezvinsky family. :shrug:

Maybe that's what made them feel kinship. both of their dads were crooks.

Children should not pay for the political views/crimes of their parents. Leave the kids alone.

Certainly not "news," but you left off the best part:

An ABC News investigation revealed that Mezvinsky, a former Democratic Congressman from Iowa, had been caught up in a series of Nigerian e-mail scams and began to steal from people to further his schemes.

Mezvinsky used those funds to travel to Nigeria to pursue one hare-brained scheme after another. He ultimately lost more than $3 million to the scammers, falling especially hard for the notorious "black money" scam, where victims are told millions of dollars have been coated with black ink so the money could be smuggled out of Nigeria. The scammers then offer to sell a special, expensive chemical to clean the ink off of the money. Prosecutors say Mezvinsky fell for at least three separate "black money" schemes.

In an interview with Des Moines Register from prison in 2003, Mezvinsky said he found the scam convincing. "The man later came out with a chemical, threw it on the money, and it all turned to $100 bills. He gave me 10 to have them tested back home. And they were real," Mezvinsky told the Register.

HELLO SIRS I HAVE 630.000.0000 OF DOLLARS TO SHARE OF YOU!

Certainly not "news," but you left off the best part:

HELLO SIRS I HAVE 630.000.0000 OF DOLLARS TO SHARE OF YOU!

Good to know that people dumb enough to fall for that somehow got themselves elected to Congress.

Good to know that people dumb enough to fall for that somehow got themselves elected to Congress.

Imagine what that says about the American eletorate

Not good to realize that the american electorate were and still are stupid enough to elect such people!

Back
Top Bottom