• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chelsea Clinton: Republican Party Is the Party of ‘White Supremacists’

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Former first daughter Chelsea Clinton said Friday on ABC’s “The View” that the Republican Party was the party of “white supremacists.”

While discussing Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) announcing he will not vote to confirm Ketanji Brown Jackson to the Supreme Court, Navarro said, “I remember a couple of weeks ago when we started talking about this, I said I had some hope for Lindsey. Sunny called it right.”

snip

Ms. Chelsea should really keep her mouth shut when it comes to ethnic topics.

She is the perfect example of what her mother referred to as "White privilege."

Ms. Chelsea got a job in the media, but she bombed.

She was handed the job because of who she was.

Certainly not because she was talented.

Oh, I don't know whether her race has much to do with it, but entitled she definitely is.

"Yeah, just shut up and put dinner on the table, woman."

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"Yeah, just shut up and put dinner on the table, woman."

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Well, a lot people of every political and ethnic persuasion privately feel that this would be a happier country if the man earned enough money so that his wife could stay home and be there when the kids returned from school and to give her man a delicious hot dinner when he returned home every night.

Yes, I know this is not the 1950s (when I was a teenager).

But in some ways, people back then were happier.

It is of no concern who said it if a statement is true.

The Republican Party is the party of white supremacists.
Yes, it is true IF one defines the term "White Supremacist" as any African American or Asian American or Caucasian American or Hispanic American or Native American who feels (knows!) that this nation would be better off for everyone if it stays a Caucasian-majority nation.

Way back when Obama beat Hilary In the primary I predicted Chelsea would be our first female president.

I still think it’s very possible…

Well, a lot people of every political and ethnic persuasion privately feel that this would be a happier country if the man earned enough money so that his wife could stay home and be there when the kids returned from school and to give her man a delicious hot dinner when he returned home every night.

Yes, I know this is not the 1950s (when I was a teenager).

But in some ways, people back then were happier.
Well, a lot more people of every political and ethnic persuasion privately feel that it’s OK to have multiple breadwinners in a household, and are quite delighted that this antiquated thinking is disappearing.

After all, this is not the 1950s (when I was decades from being born).

But I hear from many people that life is much better today than it was back then, and people are happier today than they were back then.

As to the thread,
- I care about as much what Chelsea Clinton thinks as I do Don Jr. or Hunter Biden.
- It would be more accurate to say that the GOP is the party of choice for white supremecists. That is to say, not everyone in the GOP is a white supremecist (I suspect the majority are not) but if you’re a white supremecist, you’re likely voting GOP.

So what if she is intitled or a perfect example of white privilege... she is 10000% correct.

Yes, it is true IF one defines the term "White Supremacist" as any African American or Asian American or Caucasian American or Hispanic American or Native American who feels (knows!) that this nation would be better off for everyone if it stays a Caucasian-majority nation.
Racial and cultural diversity makes America great.

Hatred, fear and isolationism hurt us.

It is true that racists gravitate toward the Republican party. Trump calls them very fine people and directs them to stand back and stand by. At least up until Jan 6th 2021 he said that. On Jan 6th, he told them to fight like hell; and sent them to the capitol where they did exactly what he wanted.

why would ^ that cause our nation to be better off?

Racial and cultural diversity makes America great.
There are many people who agree with you.

There are many people who disagree with you.

The United States is now racially and culturally diverse, and it is growing more so every day, even though one ethnicity is rapidly shrinking in numbers.

Some people predict a great future for the United States.

Our great-grandchildren will discover whether that prediction turns out to be true.

Not all Republicans are racists. But all racists are Republicans. This fact is not in dispute.

Not all Republicans are racists. But all racists are Republicans. This fact is not in dispute.
Some people respectfully disagree with you,

Some Dems who loudly proclaim that they are not "racists" are, in fact, racists.

Ask them where they live, what schools they send their children to, whom they prefer to hire as employees, whom they prefer to be their physicians, lawyers, etc.

Have a nice day!

why would ^ that cause our nation to be better off?
In the 1960s, Caucasian Americans were persuaded (sometimes vigorously, as in the South) to dismantle de facto and de jure discrimination against African-, Asian-, and Hispanic Americans.

Over the decades since then, Caucasian Americans, the overwhelming majority until quite recently, have been the neutral arbiter that tries to see to it that the three major minority groups all get a fair share of the American pie.

That one minority group does not hog all the goodies -- to the detriment of the other minority groups.

As Caucasian Americans after the year 2050 start to become just another minority group, there will be no neutral arbiter to ensure domestic tranquility.

Because of her professional failures and privileged upbringing, she can't talk about how racist the Republican Party is???

That doesn't seem very fair.

In the 1960s, Caucasian Americans were persuaded (sometimes vigorously, as in the South) to dismantle de facto and de jure discrimination against African-, Asian-, and Hispanic Americans.

Over the decades since then, Caucasian Americans, the overwhelming majority until quite recently, have been the neutral arbiter that tries to see to it that the three major minority groups all get a fair share of the American pie.

That one minority group does not hog all the goodies -- to the detriment of the other minority groups.

As Caucasian Americans after the year 2050 start to become just another minority group, there will be no neutral arbiter to ensure domestic tranquility.
i see your point, recognizing how effective white citizens have been during our nation's history, assuring equity and equality among persons of color

caa6a78561443381c77bcd25843c51c2368c83f9fd6b6734554b9fa9caf69075.gif

Because of her professional failures and privileged upbringing, she can't talk about how racist the Republican Party is???

That doesn't seem very fair.
what party continues to push institutionalized racial discrimination? the same one that pushed slavery and Jim Crow.

She is not wrong.

So defensive.

Truth stings that way.

what party continues to push institutionalized racial discrimination? the same one that pushed slavery and Jim Crow.
few GOP members are white supremacists. Few Democrat party members are black racists. I will concede the GOP probably has more white supremacists than the Dems and I will assert the Dems have more black racists than the GOP. And the dems also advocate the racism of lowered expectations as to blacks

Back
Top Bottom