• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chelsea Clinton: Republican Party Is the Party of ‘White Supremacists’

So you agree with the coherent point below, you just don't think it applies to what you said right?

"Racism is rampant in the Republican party. It is a feature not a bug. That is why the Charlottesville racist rally was called the "Unite the RIGHT" rally, not the unite the left rally.

Not all Republicans are racist, but most racists are republican.

And of course some small fraction of racists are democrats, there are a few in every group. But THE implication that they are somehow equal is flat out ridiculous and not supported by the facts."
I agree that there are more racist republicans then there are democrats. The rest of your post was little more then your typical partisan rant.

I agree that there are more racist republicans then there are democrats. The rest of your post was little more then your typical partisan rant.
So you are saying there is an equivalence there.

You just shot yourself in the foot.

So you are saying there is an equivalence there.

You just shot yourself in the foot.
No I am saying the majority of your post is nothing more then a partisan rant. As usual.

No I am saying the majority of your post is nothing more then a partisan rant. As usual.
It is factual. You know that, which is why you haven't even attempted to refute it.

Facts shouldn't be partisan.

Former first daughter Chelsea Clinton said Friday on ABC’s “The View” that the Republican Party was the party of “white supremacists.”
While discussing Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) announcing he will not vote to confirm Ketanji Brown Jackson to the Supreme Court, Navarro said, “I remember a couple of weeks ago when we started talking about this, I said I had some hope for Lindsey. Sunny called it right.”
snip

1649206892521.png

I don't think it strange, maybe you had specific Republicans in mind. To say all Republicans, which is in essence what you describe above, is ignorant. I think using such a broad brush is strange, which is why I asked. I have friends and family that are Republican and THEY ARE NOT white supremacist. So I take umbrage at people generalizing and insulting people that I care for that way. How very 'progressive' of you.
I did not specifically say all Republicans but the problem is that by voting that party into power, it condones racism. The party not only accepts the votes of racists, it encourages them. The party owes it's current level of power to supporting racism. Therefore, the Republican party must be opposed at all levels, until it's support for racism ends.

The Republican party not only includes racists, it enables racism in America. It is wrong to vote for the Republican party because of it's support for racism. Racism hurts America. Voting for Republicans hurts America.

People who are not racist that vote for the Republican Party are hurting America by making racism worse.

I did not specifically say all Republicans but the problem is that by voting that party into power, it condones racism. The party not only accepts the votes of racists, it encourages them. The party owes it's current level of power to supporting racism. Therefore, the Republican party must be opposed at all levels, until it's support for racism ends.

The Republican party not only includes racists, it enables racism in America. It is wrong to vote for the Republican party because of it's support for racism. Racism hurts America. Voting for Republicans hurts America.

People who are not racist that vote for the Republican Party are hurting America by making racism worse.

Are you saying you agree with everything all Progressives might do? That voting for one or being registered to vote as one, automatically makes you, or means you support whatever every single one of them does?

In other words:

Many on the left do not believe in God, yet they voted for Biden. If you oppose the belief in God, then by voting for anyone who does, must mean you're promoting it or believe it. That is the reasoning you are using for anyone who voted for a Republican.

And no, I'm not comparing racism with believing in God (before anyone uses that spin)

Are you saying you agree with everything all Progressives might do? That voting for one or being registered to vote as one, automatically makes you, or means you support whatever every single one of them does?

In other words:

Many on the left do not believe in God, yet they voted for Biden. If you oppose the belief in God, then by voting for anyone who does, must mean you're promoting it or believe it. That is the reasoning you are using for anyone who voted for a Republican.

And no, I'm not comparing racism with believing in God (before anyone uses that spin)
I said what I said. If I didn't say something, I didn't say it.

Here is what I said:

Supporting the Republican party is supporting racism.

If that party is given power, it emboldens racists.

Democrats rejected racism with the Civil Rights Act. The racists left the Democratic party and went to the Republican party, which recieved them with open arms.

Democrats paid a heavy price for rejecting racism. Republicans who have benefited from the racist vote should be ashamed of themselves.

Democrats rejected racism and survived. Now it is long since time for Republicans to do the same thing.

Democrats have shown that rejecting racism is survivable. Republicans have shown weakness in embracing racism.

Does the Republican party not feel that it can stand without racists? Shame on them.

I said what I said. If I didn't say something, I didn't say it.

Here is what I said:

Supporting the Republican party is supporting racism.

If that party is given power, it emboldens racists.

Democrats rejected racism with the Civil Rights Act. The racists left the Democratic party and went to the Republican party, which recieved them with open arms.

Democrats paid a heavy price for rejecting racism. Republicans who have benefited from the racist vote should be ashamed of themselves.

Democrats rejected racism and survived. Now it is long since time for Republicans to do the same thing.

Democrats have shown that rejecting racism is survivable. Republicans have shown weakness in embracing racism.

Does the Republican party not feel that it can stand without racists? Shame on them.
Your expectations of yourself and your party is different than your expectations of others. Got it. You also appear to believe every single Republican is a racist. Good luck with that.

Your expectations of yourself and your party is different than your expectations of others. Got it. You also appear to believe every single Republican is a racist. Good luck with that.
Just making things up about another poster does not support a political position.

Former first daughter Chelsea Clinton said Friday on ABC’s “The View” that the Republican Party was the party of “white supremacists.”

While discussing Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) announcing he will not vote to confirm Ketanji Brown Jackson to the Supreme Court, Navarro said, “I remember a couple of weeks ago when we started talking about this, I said I had some hope for Lindsey. Sunny called it right.”

snip

Considering the source there is likely little substance however IF she did share this thought with the world
I say THANK YOU CHELSEA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snip
1649475049918.png

Who else could have GHWB picked after Senate Majority leader (Mitchell IIRC) told him that anyone appointed to "Marshall'seat" who was not black would be "Borked"

and you are right about Sununu. Former white House counsel and Federalist society founder Lee Liberman (Otis) was heavily involved in that issue. Edith Jones of Texas was the other contender. Sununu was unaware of some of the issues concerning stealth candidate Souter who had an impressive academic career but apparently was in "the closet" and that caused much of his left wing reactions to the Bush II administration years later. He also-as a state justice, had not ruled on many contentious cases so as to create ammo for use against him
1649565995705.png

what was funny is that the votes against TM involved lots of those in the same party as the man who nominated him. Not so with Jackson

what states were involved concerning those who voted against Justice Thomas

what was funny is that the votes against TM involved lots of those in the same party as the man who nominated him.
Not so with Jackson
what states were involved concerning those who voted against Justice Thomas
The Senate voted 52–48 on October 15, 1991, to confirm Thomas as an associate justice of the Supreme Court. In all, Thomas won with the support of 41 Republicans and 11 Democrats, while 46 Democrats and 2 Republicans voted to reject his nomination.

voted nay for ct...
-Peace
Glenn (D-OH)
Gore (D-TN)
Graham (D-FL)
Harkin (D-IA)
Heflin (D-AL)
Inouye (D-HI)
Jeffords (R-VT)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Kerrey (D-NE)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kohl (D-WI)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Metzenbaum (D-OH)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Mitchell (D-ME)
Moynihan (D-NY)
Packwood (R-OR)
Pell (D-RI)
Pryor (D-AR)
Reid (D-NV)
Riegle (D-MI)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sanford (D-NC)
Sarbanes (D-MD)
Sasser (D-TN)
Simon (D-IL)
Wellstone (D-MN)
Wirth (D-CO)
Wofford (D-PA)

The Senate voted 52–48 on October 15, 1991, to confirm Thomas as an associate justice of the Supreme Court. In all, Thomas won with the support of 41 Republicans and 11 Democrats, while 46 Democrats and 2 Republicans voted to reject his nomination.

voted nay for ct...
-Peace
Glenn (D-OH)
Gore (D-TN)
Graham (D-FL)
Harkin (D-IA)
Heflin (D-AL)
Inouye (D-HI)
Jeffords (R-VT)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Kerrey (D-NE)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kohl (D-WI)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Metzenbaum (D-OH)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Mitchell (D-ME)
Moynihan (D-NY)
Packwood (R-OR)
Pell (D-RI)
Pryor (D-AR)
Reid (D-NV)
Riegle (D-MI)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sanford (D-NC)
Sarbanes (D-MD)
Sasser (D-TN)
Simon (D-IL)
Wellstone (D-MN)
Wirth (D-CO)
Wofford (D-PA)
looks like the south voting against blacks really isn't a real trend.

Back
Top Bottom