• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chelsea Clinton: Now that Scalia’s Gone We Can Enact Gun Control (VIDEO)[W:344,639]

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
While campaigning for her mother recently, Chelsea Clinton admitted that the left is planning to use the Supreme Court to enact greater gun control if a Democrat wins the presidency this fall.
Chelsea Clinton: Now that Scalia's Gone We Can Enact Gun Control (VIDEO)

The left is coming after your guns.
This is not a conspiracy. They’re actually saying it.

Re: Chelsea Clinton: Now that Scalia’s Gone We Can Enact Gun Control (VIDEO)

The Clintons remind me of these guys:

6280fb7f37edc14b1376c5b71306ca76.jpg

hitlerandguncontrol.jpg

While campaigning for her mother recently, Chelsea Clinton admitted that the left is planning to use the Supreme Court to enact greater gun control if a Democrat wins the presidency this fall.

Folks aren't willing to change the law the legal way redefine the words. This is no new phenomenon and Orwell was not the first to comment on it.
The Neo-Liberals rely on this questionable method a lot.

“It matters to me that my mom also recognizes the role the Supreme Court has when it comes to gun control. With Justice Scalia on the bench, one of the few areas where the Court actually had an inconsistent record relates to gun control,” Clinton said. “Sometimes the Court upheld local and state gun control measures as being compliant with the Second Amendment and sometimes the Court struck them down.”

Clinton then touted her mother’s record on gun control issues and knowledge that the Supreme Court has an effect on whether many gun control laws stand.

And THIS is a major reason why I would never vote for Hillary Clinton.

Could she be trying to prove she is as stupid as she is homely>

As long as gun control can gain public support we will have gun control hanging on our necks

A shrewd leak or a juvenile boast?

As long as gun control can gain public support we will have gun control hanging on our necks

Thats a fact!

If Scotus goes to a liberal majority there will eventually be some gun controls but only pertaining to purchase and maybe gun shows. Its impossible to take guns theres more guns than humans in this country.

More worrisome to me is huge taxs or regulations on ammunition.

And THIS is a major reason why I would never vote for Hillary Clinton.

I won't either. Unfortunately this the problem with a democracy. Mob rule. 51% of the people can vote away the rights of the minority or the individual. The constitution was supposed to protect the rights of the people from this.

No. She is proving how stupid We the People are if we let her circumvent our constitution and make a mockery of it.

I won't either. Unfortunately this the problem with a democracy. Mob rule. 51% of the people can vote away the rights of the minority or the individual. The constitution was supposed to protect the rights of the people from this.

C'mon, man!

We've had two and a half centuries of our Constitution protecting the minority from the whims and caprice of the majority.

Think things through.

Chelsea Clinton can say what she wants. Laws come from the legislature with the signature of the executive. The judiciary merely defines what is or is not constitutional.

C'mon, man!

We've had two and a half centuries of our Constitution protecting the minority from the whims and caprice of the majority.

Think things through.

Chelsea Clinton can say what she wants. Laws come from the legislature with the signature of the executive. The judiciary merely defines what is or is not constitutional.

It used to. Our forefathers did not foresee both parties being owned by the rich and powerful. SCOTUS is appointed by the very people who it is supposed to keep from taking away our rights. There can be no better example of the fox watching the hen house. I guess the people deserve to reap what they sow.

C'mon, man!

Think things through.

Apparently you missed the era of the FDR court and how many protections it erased.

Jesus Christ....the asinine fear-mongering "they're coming for your/our guns" insanity is just NEVER going to stop is it?

It's mind-blowing how often this crap gets spewed.

There's more guns in the USA than people.

Nobody is going to take your f'n guns.

:roll:

Apparently you missed the era of the FDR court and how many protections it erased.

I did not miss it, OC.

I just don't pay attention to the ravings of conservatives about FDR...who had to take serious action during a time of national emergency...some of which I find abhorrent.

Anyway, Chelsea Clinton is as entitled to her opinions as anyone else in this country. And that is what this thread is about.

If Scotus goes to a liberal majority there will eventually be some gun controls but only pertaining to purchase and maybe gun shows. Its impossible to take guns theres more guns than humans in this country.

More worrisome to me is huge taxs or regulations on ammunition.

Your view is pretty much correct. When President Clinton appoints a progressive to replace Scalia early next year and they are approved by the new majority Democratic Senate, it sets up a fairly solid 5 to 4 progressive tilt on the Court. And decisions like Heller will not stand for long.

Nobody is going to take anybodys right to keep and bear arms away. So that product of extremist paranoia is simply unfounded.

What we will see is a more common sense and reasonable approach to things like Court approval of Congressional or state action on things like universal checks on all firearms purchases, reasonable limits on what sort of weapons are allowed and which are not allowed, magazine size limits, and possibly a registration program.

Jesus Christ....the asinine fear-mongering "they're coming for your/our guns" insanity is just NEVER going to stop is it?

The only reason no one is coming for the guns, is because us gun owners are politically organized and willing to protect our rights.

Hillary wants to take away the guns, on record as supporting force confiscation of firearms (by praising England and Australia) she is on record as wanting to allow scores of frivolous lawsuits to be filed against gun makers to bankrupt him, and voted against the law to prevent just that, she is supported by political groups that want to ban regular sporting rifles, restripped concealed and open carry, and require going to owners to carry liability insurance.

And all those laws would have been passed, if gun owners were not worried that someone was coming for our guns.

And *sigh* you want, because you know I'm right

They won't take your guns.

You will have to register them, maybe get a yearly permit and pay a gun tax of a thousand dollars a year. Have your name published in the newspaper in the "Gun Owner Registry", have a waiting period for ammunition, and/or have a back ground check for ammunition.

Have your gun ownership linked to your license place so you can be stopped at will and treated like an armed felon for a "flickering tail light" violation. Insurance companies will be encouraged to rate gun owners higher, since microstamping can be made a federal law so gun owners can be held personally liable for crimes committed with firearms stolen from them.

And in spite of this the thugs, drug dealers, and cartel members will go one about their mayhem with impunity, and the politicians will still go after honest citizens.

But they will "let" you keep your guns.

Remember. The EPA started out regulating pesticides. Now your birdbath is a regulated "Water Pool".

C'mon, man!

Think things through.

That probably why Obama keeps changing existing law when he doesn't get his way in the legislature. That's probably why the courts just changed the law not that long ago when it comes to marriage. That's probably why the legislature leaves the vast majority of their work to executive agencies. That's probably why executive agencies create regulations without ever involving the legislature. Do you get the feeling that I'm calling your argument full of ****? Yeah, that's because I am.

Do you think there would be less or more gun control regulations if people stopped opposing gun control? Keep in mind I'm not saying anything would changing about the views of gun control supporters or that anyone would join them.

OP to the contrary, right?

That probably why Obama keeps changing existing law when he doesn't get his way in the legislature. That's probably why the courts just changed the law not that long ago when it comes to marriage. That's probably why the legislature leaves the vast majority of their work to executive agencies. That's probably why executive agencies create regulations without ever involving the legislature. Do you get the feeling that I'm calling your argument full of ****? Yeah, that's because I am.

Yeah, but you do not know what you are talking about...so I don't mind.

In the meantime, Chelsea Clinton has a right to express herself however she pleases. You ought to acknowledge that.

Back
Top Bottom