• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chelsea Clinton: Now that Scalia’s Gone We Can Enact Gun Control (VIDEO)[W:344,639]

Re: Chelsea Clinton: Now that Scalia’s Gone We Can Enact Gun Control (VIDEO)

Which is why the comparison is seriously flawed and not at all appropriate nor accurate.

So your argument fails.

No its the EXACT REASON why it IS APPROPRIATE AND ACCURATE.

That's how the scientific method works to rule out confounding variables.

Your argument is flushed. its not my fault you don;t understand science and statistics.

Re: Chelsea Clinton: Now that Scalia’s Gone We Can Enact Gun Control (VIDEO)[W:344,63

I don't mean to be pedantic, but saying it's a "term" is not defining it. can you define "anti-gun"?

Good grief, anti opposed. Gun an instrument the launches a projectile via percussive force. I thought the self explanatory and moved on.

Cutting to the chase, you're saying here that gun control is a war of attrition on civilian ownership of guns. I don't see how you can claim such, when the evidence clearly demonstrates that "Slippery slope" is just not true.

To what evidence do you refer?

Give me a statistically significant count of countries where gun control is static and allows free citizen ownership of arms.

I was not aware you wanted a dissertation. Next time be more specific.

This can only be done by removing any citizens rights to object on any grounds simply by convincing a majority who will demonstrate their fears. By demanding with conviction that government do so and being willing to vote accordingly to give government that power.

This is self evident. Gun control convinces citizens to demand gun control laws which will in one way or the other decrease ownership.

This is a very far reaching declaration that has nothing to back it up. It's been shown clearly that the problem is not a fear of guns, but a fear of nuts with guns, and that fear is also present with CCW holders as well or they wouldn't walk the streets with guns. So your statement is a contradiction.

It is quite obvious that cowards are not willing to defend themselves. CCW holders demonstrate a willingness to take responsibility for their own safety. I see no demonstration of fear in that. I had no idea you had disproved that so please give me a link. Fear is not walking the streets at all. Give a person who fears snakes a snake stick and see if you can get them into a cage full of snakes.

All firearm owners are considered to be nuts as it is not possible to identify the euphemistically called "wrong hands"

The people will make up their own minds on what is best for themselves first, and as a result of that determination, it will mean what is best for the country on the issue and the people will act accordingly as we always have.

Would that statement apply to the Hutu of Rwanda, German citizens of NAZI Germany, the elite of Russia, the Christians (Roman Catholics) of Europe, the communists of China.... do I need any more? Which of these people acted for the best of the country? Can you answer why they made the incorrect decisions? Was it rational thought?

Why are you incapable of producing one single statement where you claim I advocate authoritarian measures?

Without that provided by you, your claims are baseless and without any foundation.

I'm sorry you don't understand that you are already advocating authoritarian measures when you point at examples and exhort their virtues as working. I'm sorry you don't understand you are already advocating authoritarian virtues when you argue to limit rights. I'm sorry you just plain don't understand.

No its the EXACT REASON why it IS APPROPRIATE AND ACCURATE.

That's how the scientific method works to rule out confounding variables.

Your argument is flushed. its not my fault you don;t understand science and statistics.

You are making no sense. Trying to compare Mexico and the USA in gun regulations and crime by your own admission is comparing two places that are very different.

Here are your OWN words from your earlier post

That's BECAUSE America is different than mexico in many respects. .

You are not even comparing apples to oranges. You are trying to compare apples to cinder blocks and you just cannot understand why you keep chipping your teeth on that grey tasteless pie filling.

I'm sorry you don't understand that you are already advocating authoritarian measures when you point at examples and exhort their virtues as working. I'm sorry you don't understand you are already advocating authoritarian virtues when you argue to limit rights. I'm sorry you just plain don't understand.

No I am not advocating anything the sort for the USA. It is who who refuses to understand that.

None- I already have condemned that measure in a previous post. Do keep up.

You use terms like STRAWMAN but your misapplication shows you really do not understand the term you are attempting to use only to butcher it.

Goal post changing is a straw-man argument when you use it to prove the former statement incorrect. Why is everything so difficult for you to fathom?

You have been refuted in dozens of previous posts but that does not even slow you down or gain any recognition of happening or even comprehension of it happening.

You even refute yourself and pretend it has no bearing on you claims. You have yet to show that Mexico's high crime rate is due to unenforced firearm laws but is that a road block to you? Can we expect that proof any time soon?

Your claims have been condemned, refuted, disputed rebutted, trashed, smashed, burnt to a crisp and you cannot defend that. How do you manage to ignore that, rationalise it away?

You are making no sense. Trying to compare Mexico and the USA in gun regulations and crime by your own admission is comparing two places that are very different.

Here are your OWN words from your earlier post

You are not even comparing apples to oranges. You are trying to compare apples to cinder blocks and you just cannot understand why you keep chipping your teeth on that grey tasteless pie filling.

I am making complete sense. There is a reason to compare apples and oranges by the way.. because they both grow on trees.. but they have many other differences. Its a good way to control for confounding variables.

There are multiple variables to why countries have violent crime. your hypothesis is that violent crime is caused by lack of gun regulation. My hypothesis is that other variables.. such as poverty, social safety nets, and social mobility, and heterogeneity of cultures have more much greater factors.

SO in a scientific analysis... comparing the US with Mexico is an excellent way to test that hypothesis.

Mexico has stringent gun control (your hypothesis)... yet has significant poverty, lack of social safety nets and decreases social mobility (confounding variables).

IF gun control was a significant factor in reducing crime.. then Mexico should have significantly low violent crime.. this is because the comparison controls for the other variables.

Since Mexico does not have significantly low violent crime.. then we can reject your hypothesis that gun control significantly lowers crime and accept the null hypothesis that there are other factors that influence violent crime.

No I am not advocating anything the sort for the USA. It is who who refuses to understand that.

Here comes exercise again refuted to death yet so much alive in the land of insane delusion.

What is difficult to understand that the constitution gives an unrestricted right to keep and bear arms and any impediment is an infringement as the full right then cannot be enjoyed. Need a dictionary to work it out?

Yet all your solutions are proposed from totalitarian actions. No, you aren't advocating anything, but you don't have any other solutions either.

Back
Top Bottom