• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cheer up, folks. We aren't facing a famine (yet)

Paradoxical

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

As (almost always) customary, I include an excerpt with my postings because unlike others here, I value the time of the readers. Here it is:

Well, look, I think that our — our economy is more resilient to the — to the types of challenges that we’ve faced. For example, you know, with respect to food, we’re a net exporter of agricultural commodities. And, obviously, the high prices are hitting Americans very hard, but they’re — that — in a way that is different from some places that are facing famine, for example.

Isn't this what every failed regime resorts to? I can just see a spokesperson in Venezuela now saying something similar:

"We are a resilient people and we face challenges. While the shelves are not fully stocked, we have bananas in many commissaries and baby formula in some. The docks are not moving because Joe Smith took a well-deserved 7 months off to be with his boyfriend who just had a baby and we know how compassionate Venezuelans are to let a gay couple take time off to be lovey-dovey even though his partner is out of work. Cheer up, countrymen and comrades. People are dying in Africa and if we are all patient, there should be Tampons in every government-run store"

Those comments were pretty vanilla and this thread is lame.

Well, look, I think that our — our economy is more resilient to the — to the types of challenges that we’ve faced. For example, you know, with respect to food, we’re a net exporter of agricultural commodities. And, obviously, the high prices are hitting Americans very hard, but they’re — that — in a way that is different from some places that are facing famine, for example.
This kind of gobbledygook irritates me.

Sure...our economy is resilient, but that's not a good reason to deliberately damage our economy to achieve a political agenda.

What this guy doesn't mention..."with respect to food"...is that sure, if we restrict production of food, the first thing that takes a hit is our exports of food. We'll still feed ourselves. But when we deliberately restrict our exports of food, we put the people who's livelihoods depend upon those exports at risk. And a component of GDP is exports. Restricting our exports of food...along with a lot of other exports...lowers our GDP.

And then he goes with the "but things are worse for others". Screw the others. We shouldn't be deliberately damaging our own economy just because "others" have it worse.

The really bad thing is that this guy KNOWS that American useful idiots will suck this nonsense up without a critical thought about what he is trying to justify: Damaging our economy for a political agenda.

**** him!

This kind of gobbledygook irritates me.

Sure...our economy is resilient, but that's not a good reason to deliberately damage our economy to achieve a political agenda.

What this guy doesn't mention..."with respect to food"...is that sure, if we restrict production of food, the first thing that takes a hit is our exports of food. We'll still feed ourselves. But when we deliberately restrict our exports of food, we put the people who's livelihoods depend upon those exports at risk. And a component of GDP is exports. Restricting our exports of food...along with a lot of other exports...lowers our GDP.

And then he goes with the "but things are worse for others". Screw the others. We shouldn't be deliberately damaging our own economy just because "others" have it worse.

The really bad thing is that this guy KNOWS that American useful idiots will suck this nonsense up without a critical thought about what he is trying to justify: Damaging our economy for a political agenda.

**** him!
What he said and he probably regrets he spoke the truth, is that we need to think globally, and if we have it bad, other nations have it worse and because they do, America needs to suffer along with them OR pay far more taxes to make those countries go green like us, and we will all live happily ever after.

We will own nothing and be happy is the mantra of the elite globalists.

Back
Top Bottom