• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Checks sent to border wall GoFundMe will be picked up in Colorado town by unnamed ‘business associat

HenryChinaski

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/12...usiness-associates-of-florida-fundraiser/amp/
People hoping to contribute to the online fundraiser can donate online or send a check to the UPS store, next to a Baskin Robbins in a strip mall at 4833 Front St. in Castle Rock, according to the fundraising page. The page applauds Trump and says Americans should “pitch in” to get the border wall started.

One fraud expert said the postal box was odd but, in general, GoFundMe is reputable. The Colorado Secretary of State’s Office, which regulates nonprofits doing business in the state, said it did not have authority over the fundraiser.
Kolfage first said in an email to The Denver Post that he is using the Castle Rock address because he has business partners near there who are helping him manage the fundraising campaign until he gets more volunteers.

In a later email, Kolfage declined to name those business partners and said they had “nothing to do with any of this, they are just helping me with mail.” He said it was difficult for him to go to a post office box every day because he is a triple amputee.
So what I want to know is when this guy and the money drop off the radar, do the duped have any recourse to get their dollars back? I actually applaud this guy for coming up with a scam to relieve a bunch of fools of their money by perfectly playing into their emotions.

Last edited:
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/12...usiness-associates-of-florida-fundraiser/amp/ So what I want to know is when this guy and the money drop off the radar, do the duped have any recourse to get their dollars back? I actually applied this guy for coming up with a scam to relieve a bunch of fools of their money by perfectly playing into their emotions.

This sounds like something exactly Saul Goodman would do, and I believe he did in the first episodes of Better Call Saul.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/12...usiness-associates-of-florida-fundraiser/amp/ So what I want to know is when this guy and the money drop off the radar, do the duped have any recourse to get their dollars back? I actually applied this guy for coming up with a scam to relieve a bunch of fools of their money by perfectly playing into their emotions.

At the very bottom of the page, it states that “if anything goes wrong the money will be returned.” Can you imagine the logistical nightmare that would be?

https://ca.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

At the very bottom of the page, it states that “if anything goes wrong the money will be returned.” Can you imagine the logistical nightmare that would be?

Where does the $10K and $50K donations from anonymous go??? These people aren't even willing to admit that they donated $100 to the thing.

The dude has the perfect angle “ we had no way to get this money to the administration and/or they couldn’t/wouldn’t except it because( insert reasons here) and “sorry there’s no way to return this money to you because it is a logistical nightmare” :lamo

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/12...usiness-associates-of-florida-fundraiser/amp/ So what I want to know is when this guy and the money drop off the radar, do the duped have any recourse to get their dollars back? I actually applaud this guy for coming up with a scam to relieve a bunch of fools of their money by perfectly playing into their emotions.

I trust someone that has sacrificed much more than you or politicians so you can stuff this type of rhetoric.

The dude has the perfect angle “ we had no way to get this money to the administration and/or they couldn’t/wouldn’t except it because( insert reasons here) and “sorry there’s no way to return this money to you because it is a logistical nightmare” :lamo

How can they make this claim?

100% of your donations will go to the Trump Wall.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/12...usiness-associates-of-florida-fundraiser/amp/ So what I want to know is when this guy and the money drop off the radar, do the duped have any recourse to get their dollars back? I actually applaud this guy for coming up with a scam to relieve a bunch of fools of their money by perfectly playing into their emotions.

Write your liberal congressman and complain. Tell them you're upset that a triple amputee Air Force veteran and motivational speaker is making you angry.

:lol:

Write your liberal congressman and complain. Tell them you're upset that a triple amputee Air Force veteran and motivational speaker is making you angry.

Dude has the perfect angle then!

"I can dupe millions out of their $$ and they won't come after a 'triple amputee Air Force veteran and motivational speaker'!"

Dude has the perfect angle then!

"I can dupe millions out of their $$ and they won't come after a 'triple amputee Air Force veteran and motivational speaker'!"

Go ahead if you think you can....

Goes to show... there are a whole lot of idiots out there.

Wounded serviceman can’t be scam artists?

Wounded serviceman can’t be scam artists?

So now you've gone from your asserting in your O/P that he IS a scam artist to he might be a scam artist?
Make up your mind.

Originally Posted by HenryChinaski: So what I want to know is when this guy and the money drop off the radar, do the duped have any recourse to get their dollars back? I actually applaud this guy for coming up with a scam to relieve a bunch of fools of their money by perfectly playing into their emotions

Where does the $10K and $50K donations from anonymous go??? These people aren't even willing to admit that they donated $100 to the thing.

It is only anonymous to the public. Gofundme has all their information.

Gofundme processes refunds all the time when campaigns don’t reach their targets.

I have only recently heard of GFM. How do they pay the expenses?

Returning 16 million to approx 300K individual donors seem a Herculean task.......

First they suck the vote out of them, now there money. Most Conservatives are rubes.

It is only anonymous to the public. Gofundme has all their information.

Assuming that they didn't lie about it and that it's not from Trump employees themselves... I don't have a lot of confidence in the ability to pay people back.

So now you've gone from your asserting in your O/P that he IS a scam artist to he might be a scam artist?
Make up your mind.

Originally Posted by HenryChinaski: So what I want to know is when this guy and the money drop off the radar, do the duped have any recourse to get their dollars back? I actually applaud this guy for coming up with a scam to relieve a bunch of fools of their money by perfectly playing into their emotions
You’re being suckered by his image and who you think this guy is. just wait-and-see.

Has Trump not mentioned this guy yet? Seems to me if he told his minions to go make donations they would.

Back
Top Bottom