• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Checks delayed

Parrish

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
SO POTUS can sign them when he claimed earlier that that was "fake news."

Why on earth do these people not have a bank account? Direct Deposit? Please, get with the times.

At other times it would be hilarious. Unfortunately, we have a nation in a historical crisis being held hostage by a madman.

Millions of people need their checks soonest. Trump instead delays them by demanding that his signature goes on the checks. If those with the greatest need receive their stimulus checks/deposits.

What you are claiming isn't news, but it's fake.

Sorry to ruin your evening while you're obviously revving up the Trump outrage but...

The Treasury Department ordered that President Trump’s name be printed on stimulus checks being sent to millions of American workers impacted by the outbreak of the novel coronavirus, The Washington Post reported Tuesday, citing senior Internal Revenue Service (IRS) officials.

The move, which marks the first time a president’s name will appear on a disbursement from the IRS, will reportedly cause delays for some of the $1,200 payments Congress approved in the $2 trillion stimulus package last month, two senior agency officials told the newspaper.

The Treasury Department denied that the development caused a delay, telling The Post that the "Economic Impact Payment checks are scheduled to go out on time and exactly as planned."

Treasury Dept. orders Trump's name to be printed on coronavirus stimulus checks: report | TheHill

Why on earth do these people not have a bank account? Direct Deposit? Please, get with the times.

Not all tax payers request direct deposit. Please respond to the OP.

Well, hell, Bucky, if you have lost your job and depleted your savings and living hand to mouth, at best, you probably no longer have a feckin bank account.

Your compassion, ahem, such that it is, is telling.

Do they have my account number? No. I'm pretty certain I won't get a penny. Yet another empty promise from politicians.

At other times it would be hilarious. Unfortunately, we have a nation in a historical crisis being held hostage by a madman.

Millions of people need their checks soonest. Trump instead delays them by demanding that his signature goes on the checks. If those with the greatest need receive their stimulus checks/deposits.

One guy lucked out:
Man expecting to get stimulus check finds millions in bank account

This is why I read the NY Post. Who else would report such a stupid story?

So what's the problem?
Not to worry, your government check won't be delayed.

Doesn't matter, my wife already spent it. And she neglected the reality, the damn check is taxable income.

I wonder how many people are gonna die of heart attacks because of fake news?

Thank god I'm on team Trump. It sounds like it's been hell for you people!

Who is Secretary of the Treasury 'trixare4kids' ? Oh, is it Steve Mnuchin, the Trump sycophantic ass-kissing, shape-shifting lizard? Yeah it is. So your article is nonsense.

The checks won't be delayed and furthermore Trump didn't sign the checks.
You wish my article were nonsense....:mrgreen:

The checks won't be delayed and furthermore Trump didn't sign the checks.
You wish my article were nonsense....:mrgreen:

It's total nonsense and only a Trumper is blind enough not to see the political motivation Trump added to checks intended to relieve the suffering of Americans out of work.

And incidentally, his signature WILL BE ON THE CHECKS. And those checks will be delayed because of his vanity and narcissism.

[h=1]Trump is having his signature printed on coronavirus stimulus checks[/h]Trump has signature printed on coronavirus stimulus checks

One hour ago:

Trump's signature to be on stimulus checks, delaying mailing process: report

Trump's signature to be on stimulus checks, delaying mailing process: report - MarketWatch

Last edited:

President Zhee — trump’s timelines are not our friends — Virus World War One — Unless You’re Counting the Spanish Flue and others like the Plague — ASPCA is tough to watch for me.

on Drew Brees and his Wife giving 5 million, he’s done that his entire career — went to BIG Ten Wrestling Championships at Purdue years ago — saw the athletic center Brees built —

Good to see MIT step up with shields. They solved for synthetic rubber during WW2. We have the scientists. They’re 96% sure on the genome Jan. 12 — Bat Woman in China is a good search — for me, bovine coronavirus

Last edited:
It's total nonsense and only a Trumper is blind enough not to see the political motivation Trump added to checks intended to relieve the suffering of Americans out of work.

And incidentally, his signature WILL BE ON THE CHECKS. And those checks will be delayed because of his vanity and narcissism.

[h=1]Trump is having his signature printed on coronavirus stimulus checks[/h]Trump has signature printed on coronavirus stimulus checks

One hour ago:

Trump's signature to be on stimulus checks, delaying mailing process: report

Trump's signature to be on stimulus checks, delaying mailing process: report - MarketWatch

Nope. The original source was the WA Post, and their noise was already debunked above, but you go ahead and believe what your little heart desires.

Back
Top Bottom